• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

WW1- how did R's op go?

Really well, thank you for asking. It was a horrible experience but she was absolutely amazing. Aside from an ear to ear scar, you'd never believe she had major surgery only 3 1/2 weeks ago.

Hopefully, once her scar has healed she wont require anything further (related to her head) - they'll keep a close eye on her and we have another appointment on the 1st March.

I've attached a couple of photos to give you a flavour of Rebecca's progress.
1 - the day before surgery
2 - in recovery
3 - 2 days after surgery (the swelling closed Rebecca's eyes)
4 - the day before discharge - eyes open!!
5 - 2 weeks post op.

oh bless her...you deserve a pat on the back how did you cope!! What was is she had done if you dont mind me asking? x

Oh wow, she looks great n you can really see the difference in the shape, so defo worth it IMO! It must've been so scary for both of you though; I hope she'll carry on recovering great n that nothing else will need doing. Xxx

Oh wow. Those are amazing pics. She's recovered so well. I can't imagine Gabriel undergoing surgery. I'd be terrified.

oh bless her...you deserve a pat on the back how did you cope!! What was is she had done if you dont mind me asking? x

She has a condition called craniosynostosis where part of her skull had prematurely fused. They basically took the front 2/3 of het skull off, remodelled it, then put it back on! The op took about 8 hrs. It was horrible but had to be done. I'm glad it's over that's for sure!!

aww bless her she looks fab and as you say you did the right thing. xx

Wow WW1 - what a terrifying experience for you and Rebecca to go through! - she looks so well so soon after the op, hopefully you get back to normal now! hugs xx

Thanks for your lovely replies :flower:

No problem WW1 x

Well James has his weigh in tomorrow im so nervous as i dont think he has gained weight again...doesnt seem to have gone heavier anyway :( :cry: x

You never know, he may have gained weight and you've just got stronger!!

Keeping my fingers crossed your weigh in goes well tomorrow :hugs:

Awww thanks ww1 i will keep you posted on here or facebook actually dont think we are friends on facebook any of us we should add each other im Jayne Huxley-Steadman (there is only one me lol) x

I'm the only Fleur eveline lees aswell!
Harry had his weigh in today too... Only 2 oz this timecoz of the 2 week illness but he's still holding his own above the 9th gentile line so they said he's fine n dandy; he's 20 lbs 13 oz now so in my eyes he's huge!

well i took James to the hv and he has gained 1oz...better that 1 lost i suppose!! I have got to keep trying him every hour but he is very stubborn and will only feed when he wants to she has also said to start weaning him mainly giving potatoes, banana & baby rice as these are thick and high in carbs and calories!

She also said, regarding my eating, that yes i may eat a lot but its probably too healthy...pffft you cant win!! lol x

Hurray for a gain. I'm surprised they want you to feed him solids though. Breast milk or formula is still going to be the best option for putting on weight, esp potato and baby rice which are just filling, but not very fattening. I would recommend avocado if you do plan to offer solids.

Hurray for a gain. I'm surprised they want you to feed him solids though. Breast milk or formula is still going to be the best option for putting on weight, esp potato and baby rice which are just filling, but not very fattening. I would recommend avocado if you do plan to offer solids.

I agree with this. The calories through milk are far higher than through solids in the early stages. Having said that, I weaned Rebecca at 19 weeks as she had silent reflux. Prior to weaning, feeding was a battleground; no more than a couple of ounces drunk and then screaming, back arching etc. As soon as I gave some baby rice, the screaming reduced massively and she started drinking 5oz per day extra. So the weaning may help to increase your LOs apetite for milk - you never know!

Anyway :thumbup: for a gain!

She was asking how he was when feeding and i said he was taking so much then would scream and pull his legs up like he is in pain, she thinks either reflux or trapped wind...she also thinks he is hungry! :shrug: xx

Can I join you ladies?

Evie is a slow gainer - 17lb at 9.5 months

She was 6.7 and in 25th centile but is now in the 15th centile :wacko:

She has followed a steady curve tho so I'm not worried :)

My Facebook if anyone wants to add me is Facebook.com/leanne.mullaney xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->