• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

I put Gabriel on our scale at home, so it's not very accurate, but it looks like he's about 17lbs now. He'll have his 1 year appointment on Mar 7th, so we'll have an idea where he's at then. He seems to be following the .3rd percentile line, so I guess that's where he's going to stay.

1.5 oz sounds like a good gain to me.

James has only gained 1 and a half ounces this week! :( x

dont worry hun - weight gain does slow after 4 months (or so im told) friends of mine (with "normal weight" babies) have said some weeks their LO didnt gain anything

I see James likes his sweet potato - that will help him pile it on im sure - tried Em with sweet pot today - not really sure what she made of it - def not as successful as the porridge or rice, so we'll see what tomorrow brings!

Weve had a good week of feeds - on Monday we tried her without any gaviscon mixed in her milk (she was diagnosed with s. reflux at 6 weeks) - the Paed told us to try it out as these things often right themselves after 3 months. Well so far so good!! - shes downing her milk much better this week, i think the gaviscon made her feel full (as it thickens the milk).... no sign of reflux....yet, fingers crossed

James has only gained 1 and a half ounces this week! :( x

dont worry hun - weight gain does slow after 4 months (or so im told) friends of mine (with "normal weight" babies) have said some weeks their LO didnt gain anything

I see James likes his sweet potato - that will help him pile it on im sure - tried Em with sweet pot today - not really sure what she made of it - def not as successful as the porridge or rice, so we'll see what tomorrow brings!

Weve had a good week of feeds - on Monday we tried her without any gaviscon mixed in her milk (she was diagnosed with s. reflux at 6 weeks) - the Paed told us to try it out as these things often right themselves after 3 months. Well so far so good!! - shes downing her milk much better this week, i think the gaviscon made her feel full (as it thickens the milk).... no sign of reflux....yet, fingers crossed

Yes he did quite like it! :) ...what were Ems symptoms hun? The hv questioned reflux x

she was just arching her back and pulling of the teat and screaming before during and after feeds, yet was obviously hungry - at one point she didnt sleep for 24 hours and we took her to the emergency docs who said that shes awake because shes hungry! - it was awful!- Unlike normal reflux, she didnt puke a lot, but when she did it was projectile (and made her cry) - because she didnt constantly puke they said it was silent reflux, meaning the acid comes up the oesophagus but not always all the way out.

fingers crossed it doesnt come back, shes definately eating a lot more now!

That sounds like what James does he thrashes back and forth, arches his back and screams! He doesnt sleep good either :( x

seity gabriel sounds like hes doing great.
are your growth charts different where you are then here? just thought id ask as on our chart say for example gabriel is 17lbs exactly it would put him just under the 2nd centile on our charts here.

anyways callie is doing well, she hows now managed to climb the sofa, takes her a while but she does it, and can now climb the stairs, the joys lol.
she now 4 days away from 11 months , cant believe it, it goes so quick, and she now weighs 13lb 10.5 oz. shes still very dependant but is sleeping slightly better at night again as we did have a small regression for a few weeks. little tantrums have started now too, i can tell shes going to a right little madam as she grows, apparently like her mummy was as i have been told.

did or does anyone have problems getting there lo to drink out of anything other than a bottle? callie will only drink from a bottle and wont even hold it herself, she tries but drops it and at 11months i thought we would have achieved something with this problem but dont seem to be getting anywhere, any tips? xx

there are diff charts for boys n girls- on the girls ones I think Harry's closer to the 50th centile line, but on the boys one he's about half way between the 9th & 25th. I'm pretty sure the charts are the same worldwide since the end of 2008?

x-li-x - He would be on the 2nd percentile if he was a girl, but as a boy he's in a lower percentile because boys are supposed to be bigger.
I use infantchart.com
I'm pretty sure Gabriel had reflux issues as well, but he was never diagnosed.
Gabriel will drink from his sippy cup, but like his bottle he doesn't hold it. I have to hold it for him.

Weird I was looking on the boys charts but there doesn't seem too be two different ones one for breastfed and one for ff babies so maybe that why. Thought it would be crazy there being different charts in different places lol, I get confused with callies chart too I always get did result to online ones then red book ones hence why I thought maybe there's different ones around then I got confused more haha. Owell charts annoy me anyway. All our babies are small healthy and beautiful x

its the WHO that produced them but you do have to request them i think. I dont think mine are those ones thou im going to request them i think x

Here is what the canadian pediatric society's view is on growth charts:

https://www.cps.ca/english/statements/n/cps04-01.htm

sorry didnt reply seity to the bottle thing yesterday completely missed it, glad its not only callie who wont hold her own bottle yet, makes me feel better. maybe it because they are small or maybe its a slight bit of laziness because they know we will hold it lol. one day they will surprise us and wont want us touching it and there be holding them like pro's :) x

James wont take a bottle anymore let alone hold it himself hehe x

Can i join?

My baby girl was born at 35 weeks and weighed 8lb15. She lost weight for two weeks and went down to 8lb4. By 3 weeks she was up to 9lb but shes now 15 weeks and is only 11lb 15.

The HV at the weight clinic dident say anything apart from she was nice and alert but surely she should be gaining more than this. Shes combi fed so gets breast milk and then between 24 and 30 oz of formula a day.

Can i join?

My baby girl was born at 35 weeks and weighed 8lb15. She lost weight for two weeks and went down to 8lb4. By 3 weeks she was up to 9lb but shes now 15 weeks and is only 11lb 15.

The HV at the weight clinic dident say anything apart from she was nice and alert but surely she should be gaining more than this. Shes combi fed so gets breast milk and then between 24 and 30 oz of formula a day.

Hello Lozzy :flower: I was going to point you in the direction of this group.

How many oz per week has she gained from her lowest weight? When I was concerned about Ivy my HV said that they wouldnt often expect it to be below 4oz per week (though lots of ladies here will tell you that 4oz in a week if often an amazing gain!)

x

since 2 weeks it averiges out at 4oz a week if iv worked it out right.

hiya lozzy - wow near enough 12lb - we are still 10lb at 18 weeks! - sound slike your LO is doing just fine and eating really well by the sounds of things... 4oz a week is really good, and 24 - 30 oz a day of food is way more than ive ever managed to get down Em....

welcome !!

Ive not posted here for a while but Olivia has only been putting on 1 to 2ozs per week. Shes now 13lbs 5 ozs and will be 6 months old on Friday. I am very very lucky that I have a very sensible HV who believes a gain is a gain and looks at the baby overall instead of those bloody charts ! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->