• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

My little girl is 12lb 3.5 oz at bang on 20 weeks, I am extra happy because she is almost onto the 9th percentile now :happydance:

great gains to all the bambinos.

I was thinking how do your itty bitty babies compare height (length) wise?

Em is on 0.4th for weight and length but is a few lines up for head circ (lollypophead!!)

so she short and skinny!

what about your little ones, are they also short ??

Also - Jayne - heard about James via FB - glad hes home now and sending you both lots of hugs n kisses and speedy recovery.....

thanks Janet x

James is 0.4th for weight now and just under 25th for length cant think for head circ and his red book is in the car x

Great weights ladies! Gabriel is .3rd for weight. 16th for length (moved up from around the 9th) and 25th for HC (moved up from the 15th).

Im not sure, they havent been done since her 6 week check.

hmm interesting, thanks ladies - i find it odd that Ems on 0.4 for both - short as well as skinny - im not exactly petite. I keep thinking shell have some spurt.... but its not happened yet! - were back at Paed at the end of May - i have so many things to ask him, im starting to get paraoid there is something wrong with her again, like growth hormone deficiency or something

hmm interesting, thanks ladies - i find it odd that Ems on 0.4 for both - short as well as skinny - im not exactly petite. I keep thinking shell have some spurt.... but its not happened yet! - were back at Paed at the end of May - i have so many things to ask him, im starting to get paraoid there is something wrong with her again, like growth hormone deficiency or something

What does she weight now?

Connors below the 0.4 centile for weight, height and HC.

Harry's always been in proportion with height & weight (currently just a smidge below the 25th centile for both) but his head has always, since birth been between the 25th & 50th centiles. They reckon head circ, along with length/height & weight is a better judgement of growth (ie the brain is growing properly & babies with extreme failure to thrive, even their head's dont grow, so I've heard?). if you are worried, you should ask your GP or HV to do a length & head check for your babies. They do it at the 1 year check up in the Uk, but you can ask to have it done at any other time too; i found it helped me realise he's not abnormal, but just smaller than average is all.

They did a length and HC check at every visit for Gabriel. When he was diagnosed with failure to thrive you could see that his length and HC had started to drop percentiles. His weight had dropped from the 5th to well below 0th percentile. He had to climb back up to the .3rd line.

I haven't read through the entire thread yet but really hoping for some advice:flower:

My youngest, Eilidh is 7 weeks old and has only gained 6oz in the 4 weeks she has been out of NICU(32 weeker) She's 4lb 12oz now and will be getting weighed again on friday, if she's not gaining more her ped wants to do more tests. Does anyone know what this entails? I already have her supplementing ebm with neosure formula every second feed and I know my milk supply is great:wacko:

On top of this my 20m old is falling off the charts, she's 29in and 21lb and hasn't changed in months.

my lo has just had all the tests hun. He had bloods taken, a sweat test and urine test. The bloods showed he was dry so they scanned his kidneys and they were abnormal so they inserted a dye and watched where is went and he has kidney reflux. He is 7 months now and weighs 13lb 9oz! X

I haven't read through the entire thread yet but really hoping for some advice:flower:

My youngest, Eilidh is 7 weeks old and has only gained 6oz in the 4 weeks she has been out of NICU(32 weeker) She's 4lb 12oz now and will be getting weighed again on friday, if she's not gaining more her ped wants to do more tests. Does anyone know what this entails? I already have her supplementing ebm with neosure formula every second feed and I know my milk supply is great:wacko:

On top of this my 20m old is falling off the charts, she's 29in and 21lb and hasn't changed in months.

Im not sure what the test intailes but some babys are just small no matter how much they feed.

mummy3- if you haven't already, defo post in the preemie section as I'm sure a few of the mummies in there will have gone through the tests & slower weight gains 7 might be able to shed some more light too?

Thanks everyone:hugs:

I do post in the preemie section, my 4 have all been preemie but this is my first experience of slow weightgain at this age, my others were pretty fast gainers lol

Lilbumpblue, my son has kidney reflux too, I wonder if its that for EIlidh!

Will let you know what the doc says on friday, its just frustrating when he says "you do know she should be putting on around an oz a day at her age" like that helps:dohh:

oh gosh mummy3 id love to hear your experience of it if you dont mind as we are just starting our journey and dont know what to expect really x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->