• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

fleur - glad harry loved the swimming, Ryan loves it in the little pool where we have lessons but hates the big swimming baths - it is very echoey (sp?) and lots of kids splashing and shouting so I think it stresses him out a bit - we paid £8 for me and DH to take him and Ryan only lasted 20 mins.

Maybe the breath holding/ weird crying stuff is because babies start to dream properly around 4/5 months??

Lyre - Poor Max :hugs: hope the improved meds help him feel better soon and you get moer sleep. Ryan was up every 1.5 hours last night - we were sleeping at a relatives house and his teeth were sore again so I can sympathise, feeling like a zombie today so going to watch eastenders then 24 that we recorded last night then we're off to bed.

Lyre, i just had to do a double take at your avatar pic as I thought it was Harry! :rofl: I showed my sis & even she said they kinda look like eachother, lol. :)

yeah, there definitely is a similiarity! x

maybe their daddies look the same! we must share the same good taste! lol

Hi All,

Max is doing better, so i feel human again.. How are you all doing? Anything exciting been happening?:coffee:

hey all... life is pretty boring but hectic here. wedding is in 7 weeks, so it's all about that at mo. forgot to take harry to the weighing clinic n instead we both slept in till 11:15am, lol. he's waking 3-5 times a night atm, which sucks, but oh well. otherwise, harry seems fine. i gave him a spoonful of baby porridge ysterday wich he seemed to like. am still gonna do blw at 6 months tho, but was just curious, lol. hopefully buying him a highchair at wkend.

how is everyone is doing?

we missed the weigh in this week too due to frequent night waking! great that harry liked the porridge (was it plain or did it have fruit in it), i've been tempted to try a little with max too. saying that he tried to latch onto a banana i had in my hand the other day, and then a sausage...so i think he's starting to be open to it, so looking forward to blw.

Hey girls! :wave: I haven't been on much lately because I'm staying with my inlaws and they only have dial-up. Which makes it even harder to email DH too so that sucks. :( Only 47 more days and he's home though! :happydance:

Emma has a cold. She's had it all week and it is just now starting to get somewhat better. She still has a little cough which is kind of heartbreaking but I know babies are meant to get sick here and there and I'm giving her the best with the booby juice so I think she'll be fine. We went to the doctor to see what I can do for her and she now weighs 13 lbs. 3 oz. with clothes on. :blush: She's SOO tiny. :haha: But still meeting and exceeding on milestones so I'm not too worried. We are still BLWing but not nearly as much because I think the breastmilk is the best thing for her right now so I'm taking a bit of a break on it for now and sticking to mainly just breast milk.

Hope you are all doing well! :hugs:

awww, poor emma. Harry has an ear infection (gross gunky ear, eewww!) at the moment, so we're off to the Dr tomorrow to see what they can do. Seems like a lot of babies are getting poorly at the moment :(

Harry is having porridge every day now (we're on day 5) & he has taken to grabbing the spoon & feeding himself with it, which is kinda cool; i let hi get on with it coz I figure it's good for him to find out how it all works n stuff. Only 5 more weeks till we start proper BLW & i cant wait to see how he deals with it all. :) getting him weighed weds afternoon, so I'm hoping for a good gain considering he's been having lots of feeds (4mth growth spurt & crazy waking at night with frantic feeds, bless him) aswell as the teaspoon of porridge each morning.

Clerkner, do you have Rusks (the baby biscuity things) in the US? If so, have you given them to Emma & if so, are they worth it?

Flora- Yeah we have the mum-mum baby rusks. I did buy veggie ones just to see. Everyone I've seen in the weaning section say bad things about them because of the sugar content and saying they are so unhealthy but I give them to Emma as a treat maybe once a week. She really loves them! They are awesome as a first try at food IMO because they basically just dissolve in the mouth. So the LOs can practice their motor skills without us fearing that they'll choke because I truly think there is no way you could choke on these.

I hope Harry feels better! :hugs: Emma is slowly on the mend but I'm a few days behind her with the cold so I'm just getting over the worst of it. Yesterday I just wanted to die cause my head constantly pounded. I think it must be in the air because at the doctor there was a four month old little boy with the exact same cough. And off topic a bit but the four month old was double the size of Emma. :haha:

thanks for the info on rusks :thumbup: I gave Harry a quater of one (a banana flavour one) & he seems to really like it; missed his mouth a few times, lol, but I was impressed how much he chewed on it rather than just sucking & it made me feel better in my judgements to have started giving him solids. (he was 20+3 when I first gave him some porridge).
Got Harry weighed yesterday & at 21+1 he was 12lbs 15oz. I was a little disappointed because I really thought he's weigh a lot more than that considering how much he's been eating, but I think he must just be burning crazy amounts of calories these days as he is very active, loves his doorway bouncer, never sits or lays still & is fasvcinated by everything around him, etc.
I had a chat to the HV about weaning, sleep & his ear (the Dr gave him drops but said if it hasn't cleared in 5 days, to bring him back for anti-biotics... it's really disgusting with ick weeping out of his ear & it really smells!!!!) The HV really reassured me about his weight & said he has a very smooth curve/line on the charts & is growing nicely & just naturally small & not to be pressured into giving ff or mega-weaning etc, so that was good... but on the other hand she made me feel like a failure that he isn't sleeping through the night & that I still swaddle him. We tried not swaddling him & he barely slept more than an hr at a time & was sheer hell for the few days we tried it, so we've gone back to half swaddling, by wrapping him in a blanket like a sausage, lol, & it is a little better as he's now going about 3 hrs between each waking. She said I need to leave him to self soothe, so I tried that last night & when I went to him thismorning, he had a hickey on the back of his wrist where he's sucked & chewed so much to try 7 calm himself down!!!! Poor little man!

anyways.... moan over, lol.

How is evetything else doing?

Hi ladies.....can i join you?

My boy seems small. Compared to my friends babies he is definitely on the small side. I actually get really worried about it and at the moment i'm kind of freaking out that there might even be some thing wrong with him.

I'm 5.3, size 8-10 my OH is 5,9 with a 30 inch waste and size small in T-shirts. Noah is our first. He was 6.lloz when born. Last week he weighed 14.13oz. He was born on the 25th centile, but has dropped between the 9h and 0.4th. I've not had him measured for months and months but Im sure his length and head circumference will be around the 0.4th too.

I hope i haven't made him wrong. I'm so worried.

:hi: Diz! welcome to the group. :)
Sounds like noah is naturally small too, especially based on the sizes (height & slightness) you & your OH are. I'm 5'4 & OH is 5'7, so i figure my lil boy is meant to be little? My son follows the 0.4th-2nd centile curve for weight, but is in the 2nd-9th centiles for length & head circ... apparently head circumference is a much better judgement of how well they're growing, so if you're worried, maybe get that checked?
do you feed on demand? Is he generally settled etc? does he seem to reach milestones round about on time? If so, i'm sure he's probably fine. :thumbup:

Hi Flora. Yep i'm feeding on demand, and hes started on solids (which he's taken to like a duck to water) and he is reaching all the correct milestones.

I't just difficult when all your piers LOs are big, and when you get strangers ask you his age, then say 'gosh he's small for 6 months'

When Noah was born he was on the 9th weight, 2nd length and 50th for head. I should really get his length and head circumference measured so i can see for sure what centile he is on, but i'm scared.

Oh Diz. :hugs: I wouldn't worry a bit hun. Emma will be 7 months on Thursday and is only 13 pounds. :haha: She was born at 7 lb. 14 oz. and lost it down to 7 lb. 3 oz. in the first few weeks. She didn't gain back her birthweight until she was nearly a month old. She meets her milestones and even started army crawling at 5 months 1 week old! I get the exact same comments about how small she is and than people go ON and ON about some baby they know that is the same age or older that is twice the size. It's the same story no matter who it is telling it. The only comments Emma ever gets is how tiny and how pretty and asking about her red hair. But the very first thing out of people's mouths is usually about her tiny size. In a way it is a blessing because people just think 'oh look how advanced that four month old is'. LMAO! When really she is nearly seven. :dohh: Diz, you didn't make him wrong. You are doing amazing and some babies are just meant to be small! Honestly I wouldn't change Emma for the world. She's pocket sized and easy to carry around. :haha:

This is why I love our little club that we've started. We all understand how hard it is worrying about the teeny ones. I have my days where I wonder if I'm doing everything right because the comments CAN get to be too much at times. It is no one's business how much she weighs but yet that seems to be all anyone cares about.

Thanks Cleckner :hugs: ..... good job this group is here or i think i'd be worrying even more :blush:

Diz dont worry, Max is only 13lbs 6oz and he's healthy x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->