IUI December Buddies

Hey ya'll may I join too?? Dh and I were going to start IUI this month but we won't be near the Dr to be monitored when AF is supposed to be here sooo we have to wait another month! Praying for our BFP this month but if not then IUI time it is. Dr. put me on Menopur and Follistim, I haven't started takin it yet seeing as I have to wait for AF to show up before that can happen... I am currently in my 2ww and PRAYIN like a crazy person for those 2 BEAUTIFUL PINK LINES!!!
HUGS and LOTS OF BABY DUST TO ALL :)

Hi Tinkerbell3! Sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. Did you over respond on injectables? I am scared of that happening.

I had clomid cd2-6 and Gonal f injections (150iu) cd 7 and 9 was also meant to hve a 3rd shot on day 9 but already started to show signs of over responding.
I have no ovulation problems though and despite my very good response to meds during IVF they didn't listen to my concerns and have their standard IUI medication doses :growlmad: on CD16 yesterday I had a 16, three 14's and two 12's so with a limit of 3 and preferring just 1 or 2 follicles there was no way they were going ahead.

Next time am trying daily Gonal f injections at 75iu

Welcome Cindy...you and I are in the same boat. I have to wait till December because I have travel for my iui....time for patience.

Tinker - ugh that is so frustrating....I hope they listen to you for this next round.

Hi Tinkerbell3! Sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. Did you over respond on injectables? I am scared of that happening.

I had clomid cd2-6 and Gonal f injections (150iu) cd 7 and 9 was also meant to hve a 3rd shot on day 9 but already started to show signs of over responding.
I have no ovulation problems though and despite my very good response to meds during IVF they didn't listen to my concerns and have their standard IUI medication doses :growlmad: on CD16 yesterday I had a 16, three 14's and two 12's so with a limit of 3 and preferring just 1 or 2 follicles there was no way they were going ahead.

Next time am trying daily Gonal f injections at 75iu

That is frustrating! I don't have any probs with ovulation either and I was started on Gonal F 50mg. I nearly had cycle cancelled as i had 3 good sized follies but after triplet counselling they went ahead thank god!
I didn't realise you could do clomid and injectables in same cycle

Hi, I'd like to join too. I will be doing my third IUI at the very end of November. This time I'm doing bravelle shots and ovidrel. I'm pretty nervous to mix the bravelle right. :/

So my first :bfn: from an IUI was the hardest, I cried. My second :bfn: from IUI, I'm more upbeat, and I have no idea why. I have on and have emotional times where if I could I would cry but I always seem to have to be somewhere or I'm at work. Praying that this third IUI works for us!!! If not, we are going to ale a break and pray to be one of those miracle stories where we magically get pregnant on our own!!! Hehe.

Anyways, I'm here to help anyone as well!!!

:dust: :dust:

Charlie - I did a combo cycle for my first IUI of Femara from cd 3-7 and then GonalF CD 8-10, triggered on 11 and B2B IUI on Cd 12 and 13. It didnt work but I did get 3 great follies. I just wonder with 3 great follies, a great lining, and awesome sperm counts why it didnt work. We are going to try this one more time in December and then if that doesnt work I am not wasting any further $$ on it. We will go on to IVF.

Bma - Oh I just finished my first IUI and I am still trying to emotionally come back from teh BFN.....it was really horrible! I will do my second and last IuI in December....I hope it works for both of us!

Well I am on CD4. I had my first ultrasound and blood work done yesterday (CD3). They said everything looks good to proceed this cycle. I apparently have 12 follicles (8 on one side and 4 on the other), which I don't think means much this early. I don't yet know how many of those will develop. I start Puregon tomorrow. I have to inject it at the same time everyday. The nurse said to pick a time between 6 and 8 pm. So I am gonna pick 7pm. Unfortunately my husband will be out of town tomorrow (he does my needles for me) and I'll be at work! Ugh! So my sister is gonna stop by my work and quickly inject me. LOL! I have to recruit people this week to inject me. I think I would faint if I had to do it myself.

ttcbaby- my 1st bfn from re was the hardest... Second was not so bad. But the days after have been emotional. I tear up & want to cry over anything. I try too hard to be strong!!!

So, today is my CD 5 & second night to do the bravelle shots. I swear they are not bad at all. Of course I stuck myself & my reaction was to automatically pull out, ha, & then stuck it in and pushed the bravelle in. It is a tiny pinch for me. Thank The Lord!!!

I'm feeling really good about this cycle. My RE refers acupuncturist & I'm seriously considering going. Anyone tried this?

My 2 year old nephew out of the blue last night told my sister that "they have baby" my sis said who has a baby & he said " mommy not have a baby, uncle b( what he calls my hubby) has a baby in a little while". I sure hope he is right about me! Lol sweet baby, hearing that made my day, my sis said maybe he is psychic , ha

:dust: to all you beautiful women!!!! Praying for each of you :)

Mrs T,- I literally have 12 follicles on both sides. Mind are characteristic of PCOS, but I do not clinically have PCOS. So I am on 75iu of the bravelle. I did my ultrasound & bloodwork yesterday, CD4. Will go back on Friday for ultrasound & bloodwork. You are one day behind me! Good luck !

TTC baby- forgot to mention, If this IUI fails, I'm taking time off from getting help from dr, & saving money for ivf. My hubby has 2 kids from a previous marriage that were conceived naturally. So, he's supportive but he just doesn't understand. & sometimes I feel it puts more pressure on me, because its me with the unexplained fertility. You know, I've always known it wouldn't be easy for me to have a baby. But my RE is so super sweet & he assures me we'll get there. The place I go if ivf doesn't work the first time, it's free the second time and all other times too, but you do have to pay some fees. Pretty cool. Okay I'm rambling .... Goodnight!

Mrs T,- I literally have 12 follicles on both sides. Mind are characteristic of PCOS, but I do not clinically have PCOS. So I am on 75iu of the bravelle. I did my ultrasound & bloodwork yesterday, CD4. Will go back on Friday for ultrasound & bloodwork. You are one day behind me! Good luck !

TTC baby- forgot to mention, If this IUI fails, I'm taking time off from getting help from dr, & saving money for ivf. My hubby has 2 kids from a previous marriage that were conceived naturally. So, he's supportive but he just doesn't understand. & sometimes I feel it puts more pressure on me, because its me with the unexplained fertility. You know, I've always known it wouldn't be easy for me to have a baby. But my RE is so super sweet & he assures me we'll get there. The place I go if ivf doesn't work the first time, it's free the second time and all other times too, but you do have to pay some fees. Pretty cool. Okay I'm rambling .... Goodnight!

ttcbaby- my 1st bfn from re was the hardest... Second was not so bad. But the days after have been emotional. I tear up & want to cry over anything. I try too hard to be strong!!!

So, today is my CD 5 & second night to do the bravelle shots. I swear they are not bad at all. Of course I stuck myself & my reaction was to automatically pull out, ha, & then stuck it in and pushed the bravelle in. It is a tiny pinch for me. Thank The Lord!!!

I'm feeling really good about this cycle. My RE refers acupuncturist & I'm seriously considering going. Anyone tried this?

My 2 year old nephew out of the blue last night told my sister that "they have baby" my sis said who has a baby & he said " mommy not have a baby, uncle b( what he calls my hubby) has a baby in a little while". I sure hope he is right about me! Lol sweet baby, hearing that made my day, my sis said maybe he is psychic , ha

:dust: to all you beautiful women!!!! Praying for each of you :)

I have tried acupuncture for a bad back but not for anything else, it was a weird sensation and I was skeptical but it worked so I'd recommend giving it a go.

Would be fab if your nephew is psychic! They reckon kids and animals can see things we can't- so you never know!

The deal you have for the IVF sounds great. It's so expensive so any discounting will be a great help but shows they are confident in there work as they only expect you to need the one! Good luck for this cycle though

Mrs T - well that is some good ones to work with. I am like you I cant do the injections to myself...though I have no problem injecting someone else!

Bma - do you think the sad feelings are from the fert drugs...I was a crying monster during my TWW from the progesterone....I mean I look back at how sensitive I was and think...how did DH deal with me...LOL....anyway, in the end all of this craziness will be worth it, right? That is awesome about the IVF chances....I need to come to that clinic...hahaha...I get the second chance free if I dont get pg on the first but after that I am on my own. Oh and I will have to pay for meds for each cycle. Your nephew might just be a psychic....I will choose to believe he is right! I have tried the fertility accupuncture but I did it while I was ttc naturally....no med or treatments.....I would try it again to be honest with this next IUI if I can afford it....I will see!

TTC baby- yes, I think I was fine until the second TWW. Just emotional but did not cry when they called to tell me it was negative. Monday at the consult with my RE I almost lost it when he was talking about what an emotional roller coaster this process is for us women. And just the littlest things make me tear up & I have to hold back the tears.
This is what my clinic says: still a pretty penny but I'm sure not nearly as much as ivf.
* HFI provides exceptional value to its patients by sharing the risk with a FREE 2nd IVF cycle offer. If you are cash pay and do not become pregnant during the first cycle, your 2nd cycle (and all subsequent cycles) is free of all HFI physician fees. Patient is responsible for anesthesia, facility fees and medications. But yes everything will be worth it in the end.

CD5 - just had my first dose of Puregon (100iu). I will do the same dose CD 6&7. Then on CD8 I have to go for an ultrasound to see how I'm responding (well I hope) and they will determine then if my dose has to be adjusted at all. C'mon follies!!!

Nice, how was the shot for you??? I go in cycle day 8 as well. Hope I am responding. I think my biggest fear is having too many follicles and the cycle being cancelled or something. When I was there on Monday I had 12 follicles on both sides. So was only ordered to take 75iu of bravelle.

Anyway, positive thoughts your way for some good follicles!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, hope everyone has a great day!

Remember how I told y'all about what my nephew said? Well he said his mom would not have a baby. Turns out she got a positive preg test. Now-- I hope this sticks an she has a baby, but I can't help but feel like a little hope is lost. These injections better work. Sucks that I can't get pregnant naturally, but so very thankful to be able to have the resources & money to bypass the infertility! So, not all hope is lost :)

MrsT - well I hope that you go in cd 8 and they tell you all is growing wonderful and you have some really nice follies in there!

Bma - that is a really great deal for IVF. I wouldnt get discouraged....just believe that things will work out the way they should...seriously that is the only thing that has gotten me through the last 3 years of TTC.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Just got back from blood work & ultra sound. He says I'm responding well to the estrogen. My lining is 7mm thick which he said was awesome. I have 10+ follicles on both sides, all under 9mm except for one which is at 11mm. Again, he said all is good! They will call and tell me later if I need to adjust the dosage of bravelle. Feeling hopeful! :)

Just got back from blood work & ultra sound. He says I'm responding well to the estrogen. My lining is 7mm thick which he said was awesome. I have 10+ follicles on both sides, all under 9mm except for one which is at 11mm. Again, he said all is good! They will call and tell me later if I need to adjust the dosage of bravelle. Feeling hopeful! :)

All sounds very positive. AF due for me on Sunday but I'd be happy with the :witch: now! The sooner she comes, the sooner I can crack on with iui no2!

All sounds very positive. AF due for me on Sunday but I'd be happy with the :witch: now! The sooner she comes, the sooner I can crack on with iui no2!

I know how that feels! Hope she comes sooner than later!! Will this be your first round with injectables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->