IUI December Buddies

That is awesome Bma!!!!!! Hopeful is a good feeling to have. Keep the positive vibes going.

I know how you feel Charlie. I am waiting for my December cycle which starts in the middle of the month for my next IUI. It just seems sometimes iwth this LTTTC thing that we wish away our lives 2 weeks at a time!

Just got back from blood work & ultra sound. He says I'm responding well to the estrogen. My lining is 7mm thick which he said was awesome. I have 10+ follicles on both sides, all under 9mm except for one which is at 11mm. Again, he said all is good! They will call and tell me later if I need to adjust the dosage of bravelle. Feeling hopeful! :)

Hi Bma11 - I just found you on this thread, I was looking to see if you decided to try the estrogen priming that I sent you a message about a couple of weeks ago. 10 follicles on both sides sounds amazing - the best of luck to you in this cycle! (BTW, where in Texas do you live? My DH and I were contemplating moving there for his job....).

Good luck to all the other ladies on this thread - I know how disappointing it can be when IUIs don't work, I had three failed ones, but hang in there, it will happen for all of you!

Just got back from blood work & ultra sound. He says I'm responding well to the estrogen. My lining is 7mm thick which he said was awesome. I have 10+ follicles on both sides, all under 9mm except for one which is at 11mm. Again, he said all is good! They will call and tell me later if I need to adjust the dosage of bravelle. Feeling hopeful! :)

Hi Bma11 - I just found you on this thread, I was looking to see if you decided to try the estrogen priming that I sent you a message about a couple of weeks ago. 10 follicles on both sides sounds amazing - the best of luck to you in this cycle! (BTW, where in Texas do you live? My DH and I were contemplating moving there for his job....).

Good luck to all the other ladies on this thread - I know how disappointing it can be when IUIs don't work, I had three failed ones, but hang in there, it will happen for all of you!

TTC baby- 2 weeks at a time, is no joke! I do it too!

Hey there, kbrain. Thank you!! they bumped up my bravelle to 150iu until I go in on monday! I had a consult with my RE Monday and asked him about the estrogen priming. He said my bloodwork and everything was really good that he didn't think I should do that. So, under his advisement I am not doing it. If I don't get pregnant this cycle, I'm going to just save some money for ivf and cross my fingers I get pregnant naturally! So, maybe then I'll do it.

We live near Houston & I work in Houston. I love Texas and Houston is a melting pot of people. It's a good city!

Hey there, kbrain. Thank you!! they bumped up my bravelle to 150iu until I go in on monday! I had a consult with my RE Monday and asked him about the estrogen priming. He said my bloodwork and everything was really good that he didn't think I should do that. So, under his advisement I am not doing it. If I don't get pregnant this cycle, I'm going to just save some money for ivf and cross my fingers I get pregnant naturally! So, maybe then I'll do it.

We live near Houston & I work in Houston. I love Texas and Houston is a melting pot of people. It's a good city!

That sounds like a good plan Bma - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
My DH's job would be in Austin, and it sounds like a lovely area. The climate is what attracts me the most, I have to say - I love Chicago but the winters here I'm just fed up with. Life is too short to spend 4 months of the year miserable!

That sounds like a good plan Bma - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
My DH's job would be in Austin, and it sounds like a lovely area. The climate is what attracts me the most, I have to say - I love Chicago but the winters here I'm just fed up with. Life is too short to spend 4 months of the year miserable!

Thank you!
Austin is pretty amazing as well. The climate is better there than here, but still hot. It is about 80 degrees here today and the same yesterday. I love it and the winter well ha you may wear a heavy coat 1 or 2 months out of the year. I love it ..... But I will admit summers are scorchers so you are forced to be inside or at a water park all the time! Lol If there was a job in Austin for my DH, I'd love to move there! Lakes & rivers & hill country. Did I mention I love Texas? Lol

So, you did a couple iuis & then ended up getting pregnant naturally? No iui just meds huh? Happy for you!!

Bma - I think I can handle heat better than the cold, and I love the idea of having so many choices of activities outside, almost year round. Also, my passion is riding horses, and I think Tx would have many more options for me to do that than Chicago has.
Yes, we tried 3 IUIs, but the last one was cancelled, so technically we only did 2. To be honest, after the second one, I pretty much lost hope in the process, and when the third cycle was cancelled due to poor response, I knew that our next step would have to be IVF. I knew I had to get the ball rolling by looking into clinics, seeing which ones work w/my insurance, their success ratings, etc - but I kept procrastinating (for two whole cycles) b/c every time I would sit down to do it, I would get pretty depressed and ask myself, why me? (the whole poor me scenario, etc). As luck with have it, on the second cycle of procrastinating, I got a BFP on DPO9, and it was so faint, I threw it away, convinced there was no second line there, and then fishing it out of the garbage can 5 minutes later, just to make sure.... So hang in there, it'll happen for you, one way or the other.

Love it. It is stories like yours, my sister and many others that give me hope! And keep me somewhat positive!!

Love it. It is stories like yours, my sister and many others that give me hope! And keep me somewhat positive!!

You have every reason to be optimistic, and it WILL happen for you!

Welcome everyone.. :)

Sorry I have been mia for awhile, still on bcp. Mrs. T and. Bma good luck!! Hoping and praying this cycle will bring u and all of us a bfp.. :)

I am now on CD 8. I went in for another ultrasound and blood work this morning. On CD5 I was told I had 12 follicles (8 on one side and 4 on the other). Today on CD8 I have 14 (7 on each side). They are all in the range of 9mm. Not clear which one(s) will be taking the lead just yet. I find it strange that the number of follicles changed so much in 3 days.

I am now on CD 8. I went in for another ultrasound and blood work this morning. On CD5 I was told I had 12 follicles (8 on one side and 4 on the other). Today on CD8 I have 14 (7 on each side). They are all in the range of 9mm. Not clear which one(s) will be taking the lead just yet. I find it strange that the number of follicles changed so much in 3 days.

Sounds good! The other day the nurse told me 12 on each side and then one of the RE's in the practice did my ultrasound yesterday and just said 10+ on ech side. So, maybe sometimes they just don't see them or I don't know what the RE's case was. I should have asked but dr's I trust & just figured he knew what he was doing.

But the injections are doing their job! Yay.
:dust:

Hey ladies... :hugs:

Just a quick update, I haven't been on in days due to being away on vacation. But I started my lupron injection today and I was so happy that it didn't hurt one bit. I gave it to myself on my right thigh :happydance: I stop the birth control on Wednesday and call on cd1 for blood work and ultrasound :happydance: I can't wait to start!!!!

Now I need to go back and catch up on you wonderful ladies :hugs:

Welcome everyone.. :)

Sorry I have been mia for awhile, still on bcp. Mrs. T and. Bma good luck!! Hoping and praying this cycle will bring u and all of us a bfp.. :)

Hey maddy, when do you stop the bcp? Are you taking any injectables while on bcp? I only have 4 more days on bcp but I'm starting to spot more and more each passing day. :shrug:

welcome back August - glad you were able to get away!

Mrs T - I think the injectables will do that and sometimes the ultrasound tech will not see some of the follies! It is great news though that you have got so many at this point. It gives you a very strong chance of having multiple mature follies!

Hey August welcome back :)

I called my nurse and she said she will let me know on Monday I.e tomorrow. So hopefully will stop in a day or two. And nopes no injectables on bcps and I am not spotting but having a lot of discharge.. why are you using Lupron?

Girls you are responding so well to injectables. keep it up!!

Hey August welcome back :)

I called my nurse and she said she will let me know on Monday I.e tomorrow. So hopefully will stop in a day or two. And nopes no injectables on bcps and I am not spotting but having a lot of discharge.. why are you using Lupron?

Well from what I have read, Lupron is used for women going into an IVF cycle, apparently most of my medications are used more for IVF then IUI which kinda scares me :haha: :wink wink: But I'm taking the Lupron with BCP to suppress my ovaries. I overstimulate on my own so that Doctor wants to make sure that by my cd2 or cd3 ultrasound there are no follies and that my LH is at a normal level. My LH is usually really HIGH which causes me to overstimulate on my own but never really produce an egg to release. It's weird :shrug: But I'm happy that it doesn't hurt me. Today was day two of the injection and I didn't feel a thing :happy dance:

I hope you come off BCP soon. It looks like you and I will be on point with matching cycles. :hugs: You are so lucky you aren't spotting. I've been spotting for at least a week. I think the day I skip my first pill will be the onset of the :witch:

Aww I am so sure Lupron will do the trick. Glad your Re is changing your protocol. So fingers crossed :)

And that's a positive side. You will Start Af as soon as you stop pills .. and yup I hope we will be together in our cycle.. yayyyy !!

Good Morning girls! How's everyone today?

It's only 7:30am here as of right now. I'm getting ready to head to work after 4 days off :cry: LOL Today is day 3 on Lupron and BCP and I'm really bloated. I feel huge! :growlmad: I'm going to google and see if bloating is a symptom caused by Lupron.

Good morning! At my doctors appointment for ultrasound & blood work!

They say my right ovary is responding really well--has 3 big ones and my left has one! Last time my left was the only one with a mature egg.. Feeling very excited. I have one 12mm two 11mm & one 9mm! I'm so excited, hopefully the third IUI will be the charm!!!

Just worried about ovulating on my own before IUI, but she says bravelle delays ovulation anyway & blood work will let them know where I'm at!

That sounds really promising!!!

I had an u/s and b/w today too but I have to wait for my doctor's office to call me later and let me know the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->