IUI Feb anyone?

Waiting - we're using the same vitamins as tansey.

Tansey - thanks for the info on antral follicle count. Now I know what they were doing when I went in for the scan - annoyingly they didn't tell me how many follicles I had, just said 'that all looks fine'. Like you my dh never ever thought we'd need ivf, and I think he's particularly upset because of the morphology issue.

Starting stimming for ivf yesterday afternoon - in pain but can't tell whether that's af or being on triple the amount of gonal-f that I had for the iui!

Baby-dust to everyone!

Chesca - that's fab news about your DP's SA! We're struggling with low morphology so it's really good to know that sometimes the spermies can be helped. I've got my DH on a vitamin regime too and after talking about ivf we've decided to go ahead. Could you tell me what an antral follicle count is? Thanks so much for sharing - I really have no idea what to expect!

Going in to see the fs who would do the ivf procedure for us now (works in partnership with the guy who does the iuis so I haven't met him yet) - wish me luck!

Hiya Robyn,

Antral follicle counts indicate the number of 'resting' follicles in the ovary. We presume that each follicle has an unmature egg in it which will hopefully develop in the future. The Antral follicle count helps the FS to predict the number of mature follicles they will be able to stimulate with the help of injections during IVF. If the Antral follicle count is deemed high when undergoing fertility treatment it can mean that you are at risk of overstimutaion (OHSS) as you will have many follicles that will be developing so the FS has be mindful of the drugs/ amounts they prescribe when doing treatment.

Hope this makes sense

xxx

@ Robyn and Chesca, do you mind sharing which Vitamins your husband took?

Our clinic gave us a vitamin regime for my DP to follow, it states the following:

Vitamin E - 400IU
Zinc - 25mg
Vitamin C - 100mg
Lycopene - 6mg
Garlic - 1000mg
Selenium - 26ugm
Folate - 0.5mg

The literature states;
"It is difficult to find one preparation containing all of the above ingredients. None of the commonly used preparations from, for example, Wellman or Seven Seas, contains sufficient doses of all the above vitamins and supplements.
Since sperm formulation takes almost 3 months it will take at least this time before peaping the benefits from a nutrient supplementation program. Timescale is therefore 2-3 months."
As you would expect, it also states that you should consult your Dr before embarking on a supplement programme.

Hope that helps.

xxx

Well ladies if I have a fertilised egg tomorrow will be the day that the little one will be setting up camp in my uterus.....I'm hoping and praying that this is the case. Keep symptom spotting already... silly I know but just can't help it.

:dust:

First IUI on February 15 - Just got my BFP today!!!! :) I had one mature follicle! But thats all it takes! :)

No not yet Robyn, my test date isn't until the 11th! It's driving me nuts!!!
Should I test early?

xxx

I didn't test early last month as seeing a bfn and then still wondering 'did I test too early' drove me up the wall! But 11th sounds really late to be testing - maybe just wait until 14dpo??

I didn't test early last month as seeing a bfn and then still wondering 'did I test too early' drove me up the wall! But 11th sounds really late to be testing - maybe just wait until 14dpo??

Hiya hun,

well i'm 14 dpo tomorrow so gonna test in the morning.

Do you have a journal?

xxx

Yay - let me know how it goes!

I keep meaning to start a journal - so have just done one! Not sure how to post the links though: https://www.babyandbump.com/ltttc-journals/552758-robyns-story.html

Hiya ladies.... not sure if anyone is still popping in here but I tested last Friday and got a :bfp: .... I posted in my journal but forgot to post in here, sorry!!

It's still not my official test date until this friday but I couldn't wait 3 weeks to test!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->