IUI Feb anyone?

Hi everyone, I have missed out on the last couple of days because of crazy work commitments. But I did go to the doctor and got the blood test confirmation of a bfp! I won't include all the details here - on the weekend I'll have more time and then I can post it on the BFP section. Pretty shocked and amazed though considering the one-tube-blocked situation!

Robyn, so sorry to hear about the blood test. Are you going to do another IUI next cycle or give it a rest for a bit?

Tansey, I have my fx for you - I think it's sounding good even with the bfn, maybe it was just too early?

Hugs for Jappygirl - I definitely saw the line there too, am very sorry to hear that the temps dropped. Although I did have a huge dip in temperature yesterday, from 98.6 down to 97.3. So it might just be coincidence - I hope.

Chesca, good luck with your IUI procedure!

Thanks Zucchini,

AF still has not officially shown up, so I guess that I will know tomorrow when I take my temp. If it is low again, than I will expect AF. But if it goes back up, maybe it was just a fluke [-o<[-o<

Well i'm now fully loaded :happydance: .... got 3million on DP's best swimmers on board. Sperm count wasn't as good as the last, was 14million (the last one was 17), but the motility was better, 86%!!! So we are hoping for quality not quantity. :winkwink:
The nurses said it was a really good sample to have put back so we're happy with that. Procedure was totally painless, hardy felt feel a thing. :thumbup:

Well DP is taking me out for dinner and then to the pics tonight better go get a riggle on..

Hope you are all ok,

Lots of Love and :dust: to all

xxxxxxxxx

Tansey and Robyn - I am so so sorry!! :hugs: What's next for you both? Another IUI?

Zucchini - CONGRATULATIONS on your :bfp:. Such wonderful news, you both must be over the moon!! :cloud9:

Jappygirl - I'm also really shocked, there was defo 2 lines on the stick. I really hope your temp comes back up in the morning!!! My clinc said that if AF doesn't arrive, to wait a few days and test again. I have been told to wait 3 weeks before testing (11th March!!)

Sorry for the short post, will catch up with everyone over the weekend.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hugs:

Chesca can't believe you have to wait 3 weeks before testing! Loads of luck!
I'm due AF tomorrow - so I will wait and see what happens. If AF arrives Sat or Sun I can start a new cycle straight away!

Chesca - good luck!

Zucchini - so excited for you! Was this your first iui?

Any news tansey, jappygirl? Really surprised by your frer result happygirl - maybe too early?

Although af hasn't shown up yet we went to dr today to talk about our options (so that dh could come with me). As this was our 4th failed iui he doesn't think there's much chance of another working, so we've started talking about ivf. Bit of a surprise - before doc seemed to think we could do 3 iuis with injectibles - but I think the change is because dh's morphology seems to be dropping - 1st 2 iuis were 4%, 3rd was 3% and 4th was 2%. I don't really know what I think about ivf.

Temp drop and spotting for me today :cry:
Just hope AF turns up today or tomorrow properly so I can do another cycle straight away!

Robyn I've done 2 IVF so if you want any advice PM me :hugs:

Temp creeped back up a little this morning, but spotting now, so I guess AF is right arond the corner. Only thing I dont understand is, they told me if AF had not shown up 12 days afer IUI, then I should come in for a blood test. AF is not here fully but I am spotting, so should I still go in for blood work? Any suggestions?

Evening ladies!!

Tansey - I can't believe I have to wait 3 weeks either! I had HCG injection on Wednesday (ov on Friday) so if AF is going to come it will come in 2 weeks. If I am pregnant she said this will only show in 3 weeks!! I'm quite chilled about it at the mo, just kinda getting on with things. I got quite a few things on over the next few weeks so I'm hoping that'll keep me from going insain!
So sorry that your temp has dropped :hugs: I really hope AF show's up soon so you can crack on with the next cycle.

Robyn - I'm so sorry it hasn't waorked hun. I've also been thorugh the IVF process so if you need anything just shout. xxx

Jappygirl - That's great that your temp has gone up again. I would go in for the bloods...AF hasn't arrived within 12 days so it may be worth contacting the clinic to discuss with them. Do you have AF like pains or is it just spotting?

:hugs: to you all

Love Chesca xxx

Tansey, Chesca - thanks so much for your offers of advice re ivf! Could you tell me a bit how you and oh felt going through it? Did it make you feel really tired/stressed? Did you have to take days off work? What is the rationale for doing iuis after ivf? (PM me if you prefer)

Jappygirl - if af still hasn't come go in for blood test! I've heard of some people spotting in early pregnancy!

Well Ladies it is official AF is here. I guess this means on to our 2nd IUI. Thanks for all the support, and I am praying that everyone gets there BFP's SOON!!! Best of Luck

Tansey, Chesca - thanks so much for your offers of advice re ivf! Could you tell me a bit how you and oh felt going through it? Did it make you feel really tired/stressed? Did you have to take days off work? What is the rationale for doing iuis after ivf? (PM me if you prefer)

Jappygirl - if af still hasn't come go in for blood test! I've heard of some people spotting in early pregnancy!

Hiya Robyn,

Where to start.... I had quite a few side effects from the IVF drugs so I ended up having to take time off work before EC (about 2 weeks).... I was super emotional and feeling very tired and just couldn't juggle this with my job (I interview all day long!). I have known other people go through the treatment and didn't experience any side effects so everyone is different. I had a very high antral follicle count, it's 38, so I was a high risk for OHSS. I was very worried about this but the clinic monitored me so closely that eventually I relaxed about it. My FS reccommended talking a week off from EC day as people do experience a bit of discomfort afterwards. DP and I were fine, we didn't really feel this had an effect on our relationship. He didn't come to all the scans with me due to work commitments but to be honest I literally had a monitoring scan and then that was it so he didn't really need to be there. DP was really supportive, he helped me to do my injections etc.... he had to stick to a vitamin regime and also wasn't alound any alcohol for 3 months prior to IVF. To be honest it kinda fell at a bit of a bad time for DP as EC was in Feb last year so I wouldn't let him drink over christmas... it caused the odd disagreement but I was like 'you've only got to do it for 3 months and it's alls you've got to do so stop complaining!' He did agree with me in the end though.

When we went for our initial consultaion DP's sperm count was really bad -0.5million, so IUI wasn't an option for us at that point. When we got to EC day his count had shot up to 80million so the vitamins etc really paid off!! We had IVF and FET but at both stages we never got to Embryo transfer as the cycle got cancelled (really long story but info in my jounrnal if you want to know). We had a follow up consultation in January and also had SA on the same day which also showed massive improvements so FS said we could try an IUI until our application for further NHS funding had been considered.... so that's kinda us in a nut shell... if you have any more questions hun feel free to ask away. Hope all that makes sense.

xxxxxx

Had my first IUI on Feb. 15 with my first cycle of Clomid... Can test March 1. UGH! WILL I EVER MAKE IT THROUGH TWW???!?!?!?!

Best of luck to us all!

Chesca - that's fab news about your DP's SA! We're struggling with low morphology so it's really good to know that sometimes the spermies can be helped. I've got my DH on a vitamin regime too and after talking about ivf we've decided to go ahead. Could you tell me what an antral follicle count is? Thanks so much for sharing - I really have no idea what to expect!

Going in to see the fs who would do the ivf procedure for us now (works in partnership with the guy who does the iuis so I haven't met him yet) - wish me luck!

Waiting our FS recommended:
https://www.vitabiotics.com/Pregnacare/images/pregnacarehim_21.jpg

Could you tell me what an antral follicle count is?

At the beginning of your cycle they scan your ovaries and see how many small follicles are there ready to possibly become the dominant one that releases the egg in a natural cycle.

"Testing to count the number of egg follicles at the start of a woman's menstrual cycle. The fewer follicles, the more likely the patient has a decreased ovarian reserve.
www.northernfertility.com/resources_glossary.php"

"a measurement of the number of follicles of less than 10mm in the early follicular phase. Gives an indication of the number of follicles that may be recruited in any planned treatment cycle
www.midlandfertility.com/investigations-and-treatments/preparing-for-treatment/glossary-of-terms"

As you can see from my signature I am on iui #2 as of yesterday.

Robyn - I've had 2 IVF, 1 in the UK and 1 in Turkey. 1 short protocol and 1 long protocol and I had nearly exactly the same response - 6 follicles, 1 was immature and had 2 3day embies of average quality put back. i am 38 so bit of an oldbird so might have less of a response than some of you younger ladies. i was fine on the drugs and took the 2ww off after #1 but was in turkey for the whole of #2.

Me and DH have had no problems with IVF and are in fact closer. However he never thought we would get to ivf stage and wanted to keep ttc naturally but now he understands and is as keen as me - in fact we are booking an appointment for another ivf next week at his insistance!

We did IUI after IVF coz I had an op that removed most of my endo to gve us a better chance, and we get 3 free goes of IUI on the NHS so that's why we are doing things backwards.

Did IUI on Feb 10th with Ovidrel trigger and clomid. Had 2 really good eggs, and one smaller one. Hope to get a BFP...also using progesterone suppositories. Trying to get 10 posts so I can show you all my picture of the HPT

failed to mention that I had a Lap in January, and fall a small amount of endo deep into my pelvis by the rectum. Husband has no issues, and gave me 59 million soldiers this first try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->