IUI GIRLS General chat , Clomid etc

Tanya - If you don't mind me asking, what is ICSI?

Wish me luck ladies! I'm going in this morning for my blood test! Please, Please, Please give me a BFP!

ICSI (pronounced icksy) stands for intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Usually in IVF they put the sperm and the eggs in a test tube together and wait for them to fertilize. With ICSI, they inject a single sperm into a single egg. It's recommended with severe male factor infertility.

Im sorry Lulubell.... hang in there.. it will happen! xx T

Anyone heard of using EPO-Evening Primrose Oil, when ttc? We are trying all natural this month, due to some cyst. I want to give it my best shot. We are not sure what is our "problem" with concieving. Even my FS is stumped. I do have a low egg count, but each month I have at least one. This past month I had two. We don't get the results of my hubbys SPA for a few weeks so I thought it wouldn't hurt to try EPO. Maybe that will help his "little buddies" move and live a little longer. Any advise?

Lulabell, I am not familar with using Evening Primrose for conceiving. I put my husband on multivitamins and some extra vitamin C in addition to no caffeine and no alcohol. We did get some motility improvement (8%) with that.

After your natural month, what are your next plans?

Depending on the results of the SPA; if good then FS is increasing my Follistim to 150 units and Menopur 75 units followed by IUI. If the results are not so good; as in not a chance of us conceiving with IUI, then we are done! :( My hubby is against IFV. And I don't want to continuous this journey if there is little to no hope!

Do you mind me asking why your husband is against IVF?

Couple reasons: money, higher risk of multiples, "going against nature".

If we didn’t already have a healthy daughter then he would probably consider it. If it comes down to it he may consider the idea, but now, he want if talk about it! Kind of upsets me because I know so many couples that have had success with IVF. One couple had triplets but the others were single babies. Although with my low egg supply my chance of having a successful IVF is less than the normal couple. It’s all so stressful. I think after trying next month with the IUI we are going to take a few months off to relax and live again. We will continue to try during those few months. Hoping it’s just all the stress that is keeping it from happening.

I think all of those reasons are valid. I really figured I'd be against IVF as well. But, I also never thought I'd be in the position where I'd have to consider it. Wierd how things change with a different perspective. Well, to decrease your chance of multiples, you could just have them only put back 1 embryo but it does lower your overall chances of it being successful. And yes, indeed, it is expensive!!! But, my husband's sperm motility is ultra low and this (or adoption) is our only chance of conceiving. And In vitro and a couple frozen embryo transfers is cheaper than a domestic infant adoption.

Yes, totally against nature. I always joke with my husband that this is a stupid way to have a baby. But, not many other options.

I am excited, anxious, nervous, hopeful, and scared to death all at the same time.

Lulabell, I wish you luck!

I guess I just need to not worry about it until we get his test results back!
Best of luck to you!

Hi everyone. I'm new to BnB and happy to find this thread (Thanks Vineyard!). I've had 7 unsuccessful IUI's (2 with clomid) and am currently in my 8th 2ww. No meds this time, because if it doesn't work I am moving on to IVF next month. I actually have my IVF orientation scheduled two days after I'm supposed to test - for what I'm hoping with be a :bfp:

I'm also doing this with frozen donor sperm, since I'm single and trying for my first. I don't have any known fertility problems, but at the same time, still not pregnant - so who knows. I'm happy to find everyone here. Good luck to everyone.

Welcome Latestarter!!!

Well I have my first IUI scheduled for the 2nd of Feb.. I know it most likely wont take on 1st go but still holding thumbs! I will give it 3 shots and if IUI does not work will move onto ICSI....
FX for us all!!!:hugs:

Good luck with your first IUI Tanya. I still get really excited when I go in for my IUI - mind you I'm not having sex to get pregnant, so for me, its the only baby making possibility! So FX for you. I'm 4 dpo and waiting, waiting, waiting. Did I mention waiting. Arghhh.

Lullabell I'm sorry your OH doesn't want to try IVF with you. I never dreamed I would have to consider it either, and when I first started ttc I said I wouldn't go that route. Thought if it wasn't meant to be, then I would be ok with it. Now that I've been ttc a while, and I'm still not pg - it seems like a "natural" next step for me. Maybe if your OH thinks about it more, it will become an option he will consider in the future. Good luck this cycle.

Hi Vineyard,

We may be doing IVF at the same time. I have my orientation on the 29th this month, but that may be cycle day 2 or 3 for me, so it might be too late to try for Feb, and it'll be all systems go for March. Like you I'm nervous, excited, and terrified all at once. I really had to think hard about the multiples question too - especially being single! OMG what would I do??? :shock: But I have a great support system and my family is terribly excited for me, so I know I will have the help I need. If it happens, it happens. I can't wait!

Have you had an IVF orientation/consultation yet?

Yes. I'm on the books. Ordered all my meds last week ($2600 worth!!). Would love to PM with you if you want to talk! My embryo transfer will be the second week in March.

I also started an IVF general thread. FYI.

Here's to my March :bfp:!

Hi Vineyard, PM sounds good - just need to find a time when we are online at the same time...

I am trying on a natural cycle this month and I'm on CD9. I'm pretty sure I O'ed yesterday. Is it possible to ovulate on CD8? Could it be that my body is confused from being on the drugs for some many months? Before all the fertility drugs, on a natural cycle, I would ovulate on day 13 or 14. I'm really bumbed because I didn't get the chance to give it a "good try". Hubby and I did BD yesterday...hopefully it will work. I'm just confused why I would be ovulating so early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->