IUI GIRLS General chat , Clomid etc

Ah Genkigemini, I am so sorry the IUI didn't work, I have just seen your ticker has changed. I have my fingers crossed for you and your DH that this next time around is going to be a success. Life can be so incredibly unfair.

Welcome vineyard. Good luck with this tww. I agree it is a killer.
I am on 4DPO and wish time would just fly by, except for the fact that it is the weekend and I love it, because weekends are the one time when I am able not to stess to much about the tww because there are lots of interesting distractions going on :)

How are you feeling Akcher? Haven't heard from you in a bit? Any symptoms?

Thanks for all your input Arcanegirl, it is great getting advice from someone who is safely in the second trimester :)

Thanks Debshopeful. Started the Progesterone suppositories last night--those are fun! Ha! This cycle was done with Clomid and an HCG trigger. I was told the HCG trigger would turn a pregnancy test positive. But, I'm one of those who has to try it to believe it. For all of you who are curious, the HCG DOES turn a pregnancy test positive. It was nice to see a positive, although not accurate.

We only got one follicle with 100 mg of Clomid. So, next time (hopefully there isn't a next time), I am going to ask for injectibles. Those little spermies need more targets!

Could you all tell me what BFN and BFP stand for? I know it's negative and positive pregnancy tests but what exactly does it stand for?

I'm on 8DPO and it feels like it's passing by so slowly! My BBs are still sore. I tested yesterday to make sure the HCG left my system. I plan on testing tomorrow again. I'm a big POAS addict hehe.

GG I am sorry to hear this wasn't your cycle. I'm sending extra :dust: for you next cycle.

Vineyard, welcome and good luck! BFN & BFP stands for big fat negative and positive.

Hi Akcher, I recall Arcanegirl said she started getting her first real positive at 8DPO.

Did you POAS to see the HCG go out of your system. I POAS 3DPO and got a faint line, then POAS on 4DPO and got an evapline. I am giving today a break and going to test tomorrow, 6DPO and expect to see absolutely nothing. Then I am hoping when I test on 8DPO, I am hoping to see a faint line or even an evap line and my heart will skip a beat.

When you POAS, did it come back + or -? Perhaps you already have your :bfp:
That would be really exciting. That little dip, looks to me like you had implantation on 5DPO.

https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/68609-questions-answers-regarding-iui-ai-2.html

Arcanegirl, I don't suppose you remember on which DPO you got your postive pregnancy test? Were you put on progesterone for your first trimester?

8dpo i started geting the faintest of lines, but they were so faint i couldnt convince myself they were really there. They would easily have been mistaken for evaps (know now they werent :lol:)

I had progesterone support for two weeks, after that was left to my own devices. I did wonder about this as my friend who had ivf was on it for all of first tri. But i guess it still works out just having it for the two weeks as im still going strong :D

About what day did the HCG finally clear out of your system? Anyone? I'm not sure if I want to POAS or just wait until the blood test. I figure I will probably give in and POAS but afraid of getting a false positive because of the HCG. I guess I should test in a day or so (DPO 5 or 6) and see if it's still positive or not. I do have to say, after seeing a world of negative tests, it was nice to see a positive for change...even if from the HCG injection. At least I know something in my body is working as it should. : )

Does anyone actually have insurance that pays for this stuff? I'm in Idaho, and no insurance in this state pays for anything infertility related. It's not a necessary procedure! Ha! Jerks!

I POAS today 6DPO and got a bfn, which in this situation is exactly what I was hoping for. I am going to test again on Wednesday but if there is something to be seen it will probably only happen Friday at the earliest.

Vineyard, if you can wait until your blood test it probably is the best thing to do, but waiting that long takes heaps of patience!!!!

I got a bfn about 5/6dpo definate bfn 7dpo then faint bfp at 8dpo.
I was lucky the NHS funded my treatment so didnt need to pay for any of it.

Hi Arcanegirl, I am just hating this tww! I hope I will be lucky like you and able to pick something up on 8DPO, time is really dragging it's feet.
Do you know yet if you are having a boy or a girl?

I remember the tww, it was awful!
No idea yet, will find out on the 19th whats happening about a 20 week scan.

I just needed to vent. I commend you all for doing this month after month, year after year. This is only round 1 and I'm certain I can't keep doing this. I can't help but think that sometimes it might be easier to jump straight to adoption and avoid this medical mess I'm in! :hissy:

Did anyone else get side effects from the progesterone?

I didnt, the only side effect i really got was delaying af.

Hi girls, I have been PAOS for the last 3 days and sadly it's been all BFNs. Today is 12DPO and I'm losing hope for this cycle. Today is the day I'm suppose to call my doctor to let them know if it worked or not. I will give it 2 more days. :(

Hello Girlies

The gynae has told me my next step is IUI, does anyone know how long roughly the waiting list is for IUI on NHS??
x

:hi:

Akcher, Gosh I am so sorry to hear that, but you are only 12DPO and remember there are a lot of girls who only get there bfp a week later, it all depends on when the little eggie decided to implant and how quickly it wants to grow.
I still have my FX for you.

Sorry Hays, I don't live in the UK anymore so no idea what the waiting list is like with the NHS, I hope it isn't long, probably will depend on how much you are willing to contribute towards the treatment, but that is just a guess.

Hello Girlies

The gynae has told me my next step is IUI, does anyone know how long roughly the waiting list is for IUI on NHS??
x

the waiting list can vary depending the area you live in. I was originally told it was an 18 month wait for IUI but had some time cut off because i was with the assisted conception unit for a long time with testing (and a long wait to get referred)
But it actually only ended up being 4 months wait when we got the go ahead and paperwork.

So, thought many of you would care to know. I POAS today (DPO 6) and the hcg is out of my system so negative pregancy test. Hope everyone is doing well and being patient. Haha!:hug:

Has anyone POAS?

Akcher, any news?

I POAS today 9DPO and got a bfn, it ruined my whole day and my FS told me not to start testing any time before 10DPO, I suppose I should have listened to him!!!!
Arcanegirl, I am really hoping that the test we get here are just rubbish and don't pick HCG up very early.
They don't even specify the amount they pick up, ie 10, 20 or 50 so no idea, they just say use the day of your period. We don't get early HPTs

Good news vineyard that your next bfp will be the real thing.

I ran out the door today and didn't test. My nurse called to ask if for the results yesterday. I told her it's negative. She told me to stop the progesterone and call her when I get my AF. I will test again when I get home. I don't feel like AF coming though. My BBs stopped being sore last weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->