IUI GIRLS General chat , Clomid etc

Hello Girlies

The gynae has told me my next step is IUI, does anyone know how long roughly the waiting list is for IUI on NHS??
x

the waiting list can vary depending the area you live in. I was originally told it was an 18 month wait for IUI but had some time cut off because i was with the assisted conception unit for a long time with testing (and a long wait to get referred)
But it actually only ended up being 4 months wait when we got the go ahead and paperwork.

Thanks chick

Damn this time difference, I will only find out how you are tomorrow.

If you don't mind me asking, how many follicles did your FS find at your scan?

I had 22mm 18mm 2x12mm. He doubled my injections so I can get more eggies this cycle. I wonder whats the plan for next cycle.

i had a laparoscopy today which shows i have a completely blocked left tube. i have been on clomid siince feb. the cons has now recommended that i go on the iui list - cause we dont want to go down the ivf road. i very vaguely know what iui is but would like to hear from people who have had it, what its been like and the success of it!

Someday if you have a read through my diary, its full of info and experiences etc
https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/29119-diary-iui-er.html :)

Now I feel the witch rearing her ugly head :(

So sorry Akcher about the bfn. FX this next month is your month.

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/72741-debshopefuls-ttc-journal-tww-iui-er.html

I POAS today at 11DPO and I got a very faint bfp, so I Called FS to see if I could do a blood test or if there was a chance I might get a false + on a blood test still because of HCG injetion. He said fine to do blood test.

DH and I went and had the test done, had a nice breakfast whilst we waited for the results and were very sad and shock to see that it was :bfn: Very sad :cry:

Perhaps it was too soon but blood test do pick up HCG much sooner than a pregnancy test so I am not too hopeful. Don't know what I could do differently next time around. Plus I am on progesterone so the witch isn't going to show up until I stop taking the tablets. Guess I will do another blood test on Tuesday if still negative I will have to stop tablets and wait 3 or 4 days for AF to arrive. Sorry girls for the emotional rollercoaster.

im sorry it doesnt seem to be working for you this month. im about to be referred for iui so im keen to hear what you girls are going through.
hopefully you will get ur :bfp: very soon!

Arcanegirl, do you have any ideas? Do you think 11DPO is too soon or do you think the blood test should have picked it up by now?

Debshopeful, hcg does not start being produced until your little guy implants. That's usually between 8 & 12 days past ovulation. So, even a blood test can't pick it up before it's implanted. : ) So, there is still a chance. Day 11 you say? There's still a couple days that your little bean can implant. That's why most doctors wait until 14 DPO since nearly everyone has implanted by that time. :hugs:

Okay, I finally figured out the ticker signature thing. Yippee!

Thanks vineyard :hugs:
Are you temping or are you just going to wait until CD30 and do a test then?
How many DPOs are you now? FX

I called my FS again and he said I must wait until Friday to do another blood test so we will just have to wait and see.

Debshopeful, I'm not going to test until CD 30 (Thursday). So, today is 9DPO. The test is on 14 DPO. I am so tempted to test but it's easy to NOT give in to the temptation if there's no pregnancy tests in the house. I just don't keep them around. I told my husband to not let me buy anymore! No, I'm not temping. Are you? Let me know what your results are. Praying for a :bfp: for you and for me!

Arcanegirl, do you have any ideas? Do you think 11DPO is too soon or do you think the blood test should have picked it up by now?

It could be too soon i recon, i never had mine done untill 15dpo. They wouldnt do them any earlier.

Hi Girls,

Vineyard, I gave up temping on CD13 because I got three different temps one after the other and they were all completely different, I do wish I could at least know if there was a dip or not. So Thursday is this day for you. Do you have any symtoms or not really?

Akcher, how are you feeling? Have you spoken again to your FS?
Did AF arrive 2 or 3 days after you stopped taking the progesterone?

Arcanegirl, the first time around when you did IUI and it didn't work,
do you recall how many days after you stopped taking the progerterone did AF arrive?

I suppose we are all different but if I am not pregnant I wish I could my next ovulation day on a Saturday, I just don't know what I will tell work to get the time off to go and do the procedure and I have used up all my leave. Girls who just fall pregnant by mistake are so lucky!

Hays and Someday, IUI is a great thing to do. It can work first time around, I did last time and suppose that is probably why I thought it would work first time this time around. Either way it is worth the effort because your chances of concieving are so much higher and just look at Arcanegirl happy in the second trimester.

It will happen for all of us, it is just going to take a bit of time.

Debshopeful, no symptoms. The symptoms are usually from the increase in hcg which doesn't happen until implantation. So, I'm staying positive and saying my little bean just hasn't implanted yet. It's only DPO 10. So, we've got a few days to go still. It's definitely going to be a :bfp:. It has to be. :hissy:

Arcanegirl, the first time around when you did IUI and it didn't work,
do you recall how many days after you stopped taking the progerterone did AF arrive?

I think it was around 18dpo it arrived, so 4 days after the progesterone was stopped.
I think it varies for each person as i was always asked if i had any bleeding so presumed some people got af as normal.

Tiny amount of AF today. Let's pray it's implantation bleeding. It's 12 DPO so that would make sense. FX!!!!

Cam back from the doctors. I still have a big follicle on my left side. I need to take BCP for 10 days to shrink it. Estimated IUI #3 is 2nd week of Dec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->