IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Okay, whoever said earlier that the side effects from Clomid get worse the more cycles you take it, you were totally right!! This sucks. I'm on 100mg and I'm taking them at night, but it's been awful all week. I can't sleep at all, when I do sleep I'm having really disturbing dreams, and then all day today I've had a headache and am nauseated. I don't remember having any problems at all the first two months but I'm definitely feeling the pain right now. I've got tonight and tomorrow still - yuck.

Sounds like great news, amrini! Hope you get some beautiful embies for your transfer! How many are you planning on putting back?

Who do we have in the 2WW right now? Hey, maybe we should make another list with people's testing dates. I'm tentatively looking at Oct. 30th.

I was doing a list, but only about 40-50% of the people would update me with result so I kinda gave up :)

If we can get everyone aboard, I will happily do another testing list :) :) :)

I am up for being on the list.

IUI is on the 19th now and I test on Nov 1st :)

azlissie -- 10/30
angieloo -- 11/1
PCOSMomToOne --11/12

Alright, IT IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG, YO!

Wow I missed a lot while I was at work today and then playing sports this evening!

If I miss anyone I apologize in advance!

August - hang in there this weekend, I'll be thinking about you :)

Ready - It is a very tough call. In my first 2 IUI I only ever had one follicle, and that was using clomid and then last month I had 5 large and 2 small follicles release and yet again we did IUI and it was a BFN so really, you can have a lot of follicles or just one and your chances for success can be the same. So it all comes down to financially do you want to go through with the IUI or just BD. I know for DH & I we opted for IUI as there is part of me that feels I have hostile and/or lacking cervical mucus. I have previously had a LEEP procedure which can affect the mucus. So it just comes down to your gut instinct.

Waiting - I am in Ontario too and so my IUI procedure doesn't cost me anything other than the fees for the sperm washing which is $200 per insemination and the clinic I am with does a double wash so it is $400 a month. My drug plan covers "6 cycles of treatment in a lifetime" so up to this point DH and I have been paying for our drugs out of pocket. My clomid was anywhere from 85 to 105 a month, ovidrel is $85 and last month my GonalF 900 IU pen was $972. We will most likely submit the $972 through my drug plan as I don't think we will do more than 2 or 3 rounds of IVF in our lifetime so I have some wiggle room with the payment of the drugs.

Azlissie - Sorry to hear the clomid is so horrible! I guess I was VERY lucky in that I virtually had no side effects while taking it!

PCOS - hope the Lupron shot went well - other than the itching!!!

Harvest - how is the relaxing / couch rest going??? Feels good to be PUPO right?!

I have no idea ..RE wants 1 super embie or 2 good/so so embies..I want 2 either way

I don't know the date of Beta yet..but I plan on POAS about 10 days from 5dt so ... Oct 19

I had an IUI with only one follicle. It wasn't successful. :( I'm not sure when they're thinking of doing the IUI, but I would just recommend you drink lots of water. They grow 1-2mm per day, sometimes more, so if there is enough time before your surge, maybe one or two of the smaller ones could catch up. I have found that things can change a lot in 2 days. The past couple of cycles, I had an ultrasound on CD10 or 11 and then another one two days later, and I never quite know what to expect.

Thanks Littlebird. Does water help your follies grow? They're actually recommending that I cancel the IUI if only one follicle is going to be mature. Otherwise it will probably be on Sunday or Monday.

I have heard from others that drinking water helps the follicles grow. I think just having enough water helps your systems run better in general.

Since everyone was talking about IUI costs, I figured I should throw my numbers in there. I pay about $300 that includes Femara, Follistim, and the hCG trigger. Then the IUI cycle package with the FS costs $2100. That includes all the doctor's visits and ultrasounds for the cycle, plus the insemination. I turn 35 next month, and the insurance requirements for infertility change at that point, so I'll be covered from then on. I just have to call them and have them review my file again because I was denied infertility treatments back in April for a year.

CRC

I started weekly acupuncture this month and i feel great. I am so relaxed, I can finally clear my thoughts and just breathe. I also began the chinese herbs. I drink 2 teas a day. She explained to me that I have bloood blockage in my abdominal area, wants to basically detox the liver and improve my circulation to my entire body.....all with these teas.
She did say to stop TTC while on those teas. So i'm giving it a shot, one month, maybe 2. I don't think of it as time wasted.......just a prep time for my next IUI.

There's a forum here on TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) you might want to read thru.

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/232366-really-useful-tcm-thread.html

:hugs:

Thanks very much I'll check out the other forum now, based on my mum putting fear into me I've chosen not to go with Chinese herbs this month. I'm still pumped with all the hormone injections so I'm going to continue this round of IUI with accupuncture and the hormone injections and if it doesn't work then maybe I'll give a break from the injections and do the herbs instead. Let me know how you get on with your herbs! x

azlissie -- 10/30
angieloo -- 11/1
PCOSMomToOne --11/12

eh, I'm in the 1ww now-started testing out already-9dpo today bfn.
Will probably keep up each day until my chart shows me it's helpless as I usually start dropping in temps somewhere 11-13dpo.

Thinking of you August!!!!!!:hugs:

Oh yeah, Mandy, I'll probably be testing officially on the 14th. I tested this morning, 7DPIUI, 9DPT, and it looks like the trigger is almost completely gone.

Waiting - I am in Ontario too and so my IUI procedure doesn't cost me anything other than the fees for the sperm washing which is $200 per insemination and the clinic I am with does a double wash so it is $400 a month. My drug plan covers "6 cycles of treatment in a lifetime" so up to this point DH and I have been paying for our drugs out of pocket. My clomid was anywhere from 85 to 105 a month, ovidrel is $85 and last month my GonalF 900 IU pen was $972. We will most likely submit the $972 through my drug plan as I don't think we will do more than 2 or 3 rounds of IVF in our lifetime so I have some wiggle room with the payment of the drugs.

OMG Spring, where in Ontario are you? I'm in Ottawa and it's almost triple the price for sperm washing here! Almost worth the drive!

Titi - I'm sorry about the BFN. I'm like you, if I haven't gotten one by 9DPO then I put cycle down to a loss....it's just easier that way. But in the back of my mind, I do know that's very early.

Armini - Sounds great. That's whole whack of eggs, you must be very sore. Good luck.

PCOS - If my IUI does happen, I'm guessing my test day will be Oct 20??

AFM, no surge yesterday and my OPK is pretty light today. I'm thinking that massive follicle may have been a cyst....or it's just going to get really big. Have another u/s tomorrow and hoping that those small guys have caught up. Grow follies grow!!

Thanks Round-I agree-only 15% of FF charts have bfps by 9dpo-but I need to see to see these bfns straight through now to ease the pain if this isn't it.

It's funny the things we do to mentally prepare!

Last month, I refused to buy any FRER's, because I decided I'd rather let my hope deminish slowly with IC's as they are less definate.

Do what you need to do (but I'll secretly hold out some hope for you....shhhhh!).

I am in Toronto, however my clinic is in Mississauga as my office is in Mississauga and I can look out the window at work and see the clinic :)

I did some investigating and it appears in the Toronto area IUI is anywhere from $400 to $650 depending on the clinic.

I LOVE Ottawa! I travel there for business at least once or twice a year as I deal with Health Canada. I also lived in Ottawa for 4 months while I did a coop work term with the government! It is a great city!!

It's funny the things we do to mentally prepare!

Last month, I refused to buy any FRER's, because I decided I'd rather let my hope deminish slowly with IC's as they are less definate.

Do what you need to do (but I'll secretly hold out some hope for you....shhhhh!).

LOL I agree this is the crazy journey-we'll all be loony by the time we ever have babies!

azlissie -- 10/30
angieloo -- 11/1
PCOSMomToOne --11/12

eh, I'm in the 1ww now-started testing out already-9dpo today bfn.
Will probably keep up each day until my chart shows me it's helpless as I usually start dropping in temps somewhere 11-13dpo.

Thinking of you August!!!!!!:hugs:

ONE more week Titi!!! Hang in there :) I always find the second week harder than the first so try and keep yourself busy!!!!

Thanks Springy-you're not kidding-I'm waking up every single hour all night long.....it's killing me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->