IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

Morning, ladies! It's time for a:

Attachments

• Group252520Hug252520Smiley.GIF
    Group252520Hug252520Smiley.GIF
    4.6 KB · Views: 1
I am in Toronto, however my clinic is in Mississauga as my office is in Mississauga and I can look out the window at work and see the clinic :)

I did some investigating and it appears in the Toronto area IUI is anywhere from $400 to $650 depending on the clinic.

I LOVE Ottawa! I travel there for business at least once or twice a year as I deal with Health Canada. I also lived in Ottawa for 4 months while I did a coop work term with the government! It is a great city!!

Errrr....I hate that the Ottawa fertility clinic charges so much. I think it's because the next closes Ontario clinic is a 5 hour drive so they can get away with the prices. So fustrating!!

I love Toronto, I grew up just north of there (Wasaga Beach), then I came here for university and never left. I miss southern Ontario (and the nice balmy winters!).

Harvest - how is the relaxing / couch rest going??? Feels good to be PUPO right?!

Couch surfing is the way to go! Actually it is driving me nuts, I am the worst patient. I hate sitting on the couch doing nothing! TV gets old really quick. I do have a decent book on the go so that is keeping me somewhat sane and some work that I can do at home so all in all I am holding up OK. I started to do some stuff around the house yesterday and got really crampy so I am taking that as a sign to chill out a little longer. Love being PUPO though! How are you holding up? are you in the TWW yet?

Harvest - how is the relaxing / couch rest going??? Feels good to be PUPO right?!

Couch surfing is the way to go! Actually it is driving me nuts, I am the worst patient. I hate sitting on the couch doing nothing! TV gets old really quick. I do have a decent book on the go so that is keeping me somewhat sane and some work that I can do at home so all in all I am holding up OK. I started to do some stuff around the house yesterday and got really crampy so I am taking that as a sign to chill out a little longer. Love being PUPO though! How are you holding up? are you in the TWW yet?

Not yet .... I'm now CD19 and no positive OPK yet!!! My hubby told me to cut my ovaries some slack they did work overtime last month ;)

I'm not actually even worrying about it because at this point I just want to get to the last IUI and then start the IVF process, because yes, I have NO HOPE that the last IUI will work!!!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend on the couch. Rent a movie, read a book and if your weather is anything like TO is right now you could even relax out in the sun - its like 25 here and sunny!!! :hugs:

Yay Titi for being so close:) the wait is so killer. I sometimes think I've wait my whole life, why is two weeks seem so long?!?

I am so thrilled, nervous, excited and anxious because we just bought our donor sperm. We are set and ready. Now I just have to wait till OV on the 19th. My husband is happy that one of the weeks I'll be traveling for work because I'd probably go stir crazy otherwise

Not yet .... I'm now CD19 and no positive OPK yet!!! My hubby told me to cut my ovaries some slack they did work overtime last month ;)

I'm not actually even worrying about it because at this point I just want to get to the last IUI and then start the IVF process, because yes, I have NO HOPE that the last IUI will work!!!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend on the couch. Rent a movie, read a book and if your weather is anything like TO is right now you could even relax out in the sun - its like 25 here and sunny!!! :hugs:

Don't give up yet, you never know :) Lucky you guys have such good weather, here it is rainy. Good weather to be cozy indoors. HOpe you have a good thanksgiving too, we are heading to the mainland to see DH's family so that should be nice. Just heard that we certainly do have something to be thankful for, a frostie!!! The last embryo made it to blast so they have frozen it for us. Nice to have a backup plan if this one doesn't work out :) Enjoy the weekend! ANy big plans?

Hey PCOS - please add me in for October 22nd. I have my IUI tomorrow.

Hello ladies,

I have one follicle and my IUI is tomorrow.

PCOS can you add me to the list? I'm testing on the 23rd. Thanks.

Harvest2009 -- 10/17
Snowbunny -- 10/22
HappyBunnyAB -- 10/23
azlissie -- 10/30
angieloo -- 11/1
PCOSMomToOne --11/12

Hey PCOS - please add me in for October 22nd. I have my IUI tomorrow.

Good luck Mary!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for ya!!

mine should be within a week or so....yesterday I saw Dr.Karnis and if this 3rd IUI with clomid does not work, we are switching to injectables with IUI...she thinks Clomid is not the greatest anyways...just a small start....it did help me ovulate earlier in the cycle but only one follie...we will see what happens next week....

on another note....I have been doing some research into our insurance coverage and it covers all my IUI medicine and the treatments...even IVF!!! and DH's semen analysis and sperm wash for IUI! I knew about the medicine but the sperm wash and the IVF was a surprise! I did not know of any health benefits that covered the procedures!! We have $30000 per lifetime...so that's about 3 IVFs or a bunch of IUIs!!!! :happydance::happydance:

I can't believe how lucky we are!! this also relieves a lot of stress and anxiety about this TTC!

why can't everyone have free IUIs and IVFs. :growlmad::growlmad:

I had to take a loan out on my paid-off car in order to pay for IVF. We used to be debt free, now because of TTC ... we are in debt pretty heavily.

man...this def. seems like a thread I need to be involved with. I just did my first IUI the hubby and I. Seems like you guys are pros with all the lingo. I have one more full week before my blood test and just don't know what to do with myself. Maybe you girls can give me hints or advice. ok...so I did 5 rounds of clomid with no luck. Then, Last SaturdaY was out first IUI 10/1 and the day before took my first hcg shot. I have blood test scheduled for 10/14. A babyshower 10/15 and my besties daughters 1st bday 10/16. ... (fun) Doctor said I really shoudl take a pee test as I might get a false positive. ( that surely would crush my spirits) lol. My period should be hre 10/17. It taking the first time, is that to much to ask? Seems like a lot I see and know its more like 3-4x before getting a positive pregnancy. :(

Kissyface- that is such a relief- It's amazing how quickly those costs rise. We orginially looked at adopting and the cost is CRAZY! I never knew TTC was so expensive. I mean, who knew you could spend more TTC than on the actual birth at the hospital

I had to take a loan out on my paid-off car in order to pay for IVF. We used to be debt free, now because of TTC ... we are in debt pretty heavily.

wow...so unfair....TTC is hard enough without all the bills....to me the thought of going into debt about it was adding to all the stress which just makes things worse for fertility...a vicious cycle....stress reduces fertility and then infertility is stressful....

well hopefully this one IVF is all you need!:dust::dust:

Welcome lots of love. :flower:

My dr said false positives aren't too common, I would test test test away! But I am a POAS addict myself.

If it says positive then you could always get a follow up with the dr before you get to excited (as I'm saying this, I know how I excited I would be the second I saw positive on a pregnancy test), but I hope it's a BFP for you!

Kissyface- that is such a relief- It's amazing how quickly those costs rise. We orginially looked at adopting and the cost is CRAZY! I never knew TTC was so expensive. I mean, who knew you could spend more TTC than on the actual birth at the hospital

We looked at adopting before we FINALLY became pregnant with our daughter.

In fact, the Christmas before conceiving we announced to our families that we were filling out the paperwork for adoption. After starting the process, we discovered we did not have the funds that it would take to adopt. It's around $30-$40K .... I didn't have that tucked in a sock, that's for sure!

Hey Kissyface! That is so awesome! Good for you. I wish we had coverage. My benefits do not cover anything related to infertility. Jerks!

I asked what doctor is on tomorrow and it is Dr. Hughes. I will not accept a resident tomorrow. No way! Been there, done that.

Dr.Hughes was awesome! it was over before I knew it! I am in the same boat...no res doc! no quacks!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->