IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

I have 2 cysts on my right ovary, each is about 3cm. They put me on BC. The RE wants to do IVF next, so I guess no more IUI threads for me.. but I'll stick around to cheer everyone on :)

I normally take Femara CD3-CD7 ... so they always scan on CD3 prior to taking meds. This clinic was seamless when I first used them to get prego with my daughter. I would call at 8am and get a call back at 815am. After having my daughter and now 3 years since that IUI, it has gone downhill. ALL new employee's which I don't click well with. The previous crew were so caring, this one couldn't care less.

If I have a cyst OR am out for any reason this month, I am switching doctors. I found another clinic about 45 minutes from my house. It gets awesome reviews too.

Thank goodness for reports...https://ivfreports.org/ranking/index.php?page=ranking
Least there are success rates and stuff to view.

I wish Canada publicized the rankings like the site you linked too!

I have 2 cysts on my right ovary, each is about 3cm. They put me on BC. The RE wants to do IVF next, so I guess no more IUI threads for me.. but I'll stick around to cheer everyone on :)

Oh no!!!! That's not good at all. Sending you a virtual hug and positive vibes. I hope that IVF works for you. You deserve this so much!!

Oh geeezzzz, I'm sorry girl!!! I KNOW how much that sucks!! Not to mention the pain. UGH!

Everyone is moving to IVF, I think I will be the lone soul still doing IUI's.

Can I ask a VERY personal question???? How is everyone affording IVF?

My clinic charges $13,000 for JUST the IVF, another $5000 if ICSI is used ... plus all the medication which is above and beyond $1,000's. The thought of no guarentee's and that kind of money scares the bageezus outta me.

Oh geeezzzz, I'm sorry girl!!! I KNOW how much that sucks!! Not to mention the pain. UGH!

My clinic charges $13,000 for JUST the IVF, another $5000 if ICSI is used ... plus all the medication which is above and beyond $1,000's. The thought of no guarentee's and that kind of money scares the bageezus outta me.

I'm still with you!!! I have at least another 2 IUI before moving to IVF.

As for how we will afford IVF if it comes to that, it is more reasonably priced in Canada. IVF is around $5800 - $7200 with ICSI you add another $1000 - $1250 depending on your clinic. The drugs are about another $5000 on top of that. Luckily I have drug coverage for 6 cycles in a lifetime so I will only end up paying around $8000 for it as opposed to $13000. I am also very lucky that my parents have indicated that they will help my husband and I out if we need it for paying for IVF. If I didn't have the drug coverage it would be a LONG shot for us to pay for this.

I'm still with you!!! I have at least another 2 IUI before moving to IVF.

As for how we will afford IVF if it comes to that, it is more reasonably priced in Canada. IVF is around $5800 - $7200 with ICSI you add another $1000 - $1250 depending on your clinic. The drugs are about another $5000 on top of that. Luckily I have drug coverage for 6 cycles in a lifetime so I will only end up paying around $8000 for it as opposed to $13000. I am also very lucky that my parents have indicated that they will help my husband and I out if we need it for paying for IVF. If I didn't have the drug coverage it would be a LONG shot for us to pay for this.

Oh how I wish my insurance would help pay for some of it! Plus I know insurance companies pay a discounted rate. The ONLY thing my insurance pays for is 80% of the ultrasounds. All my meds, sperm wash, IUI is all out of pocket. I think we are up to around $15,000 out of pocket with JUST IUI's. I only have about 3-4 months worth of funds to cover IUI's in our savings account.

Thank goodness you have awesome parents ... that is a blessing! I will say this ... when my mom passed away she left me some life insurance money. That is what we have been using to fund the IUI's ... her life is paying for a new life. I am blessed that she left us the money and I know she would be happy that I am using it for this. Of course, I'd much rather have my mom here with me.

Thanks ladies, or should I say "friends" :)

My insurance covers fertility treatments, however there is a $25,000 lifetime max. We also have to pay a 25% copay, and the clinic charges $12,000, so that is $3000 out of pocket, PLUS the cost of meds ($650) and sperm ($1130). But, the doctor explained to us that just the first cycle is that expensive. He said that they freeze the other embryos, so if the first IVF doesn't work, then for the 2nd time they do a 'frozen transfer', and the cost is less. We are still trying to wrap our heads around it... and trying to figure out if we can really afford that in the next month. I was so caught off guard today, not by the cysts, but the IVF. I had my mind set on doing one more IUI. But.. the odds go up to 60% with IVF. So... are we willing to find a way to pay and "get it over with"? :wacko: My mind is spinning. Naturally on my way home today I stopped at Target (originally to fill the BC rx) and knocked out all the necessary therapies - I spent too much money on things I don't need (retail therapy), and bought cookies and wine (chocolate and wine therapy)! :rofl:

Hi Ladies!
This is my first round at IUI w/ clomid. I am currently on CD12 and due for my CD14 ultrasound on Thursday morning. I am so nervous as I do not know what to expect with this. I took 100mg of Clomid on days 3-7 and fingers crossed this IUI will finally give us the baby we have been waiting sooo long for :)

Fingers crossed for all of you!!!!!!

PCOSMom and Springy, I am also still on the IUI train. My insurance will not let me go to IVF until I have done 6 IUIs. So, including the one I am hopefully doing this month, I have 3 left until we can get to IVF.

My insurance covers 50% of the doctor's appointments, etc., the only thing that it does not cover is injectible medications. I just have my regular co-pay for clomid and the prometrium. If we have to use my insurance for IVF, it will cost about $4000 out of pocket, not including the medications (and I don't know at this point how much the meds would be). Like Springy, my parents have also very generously offered to help if IVF is our only option. DHs insurance, however, has 100% coverage for fertility treatment. If I am not pregnant by the time open enrollment for DHs insurance comes around (which I think is in October or November), I will be getting on his insurance. We need to talk to the people at his insurance company to make sure that they can't disclaim coverage for fertility treatment saying that it's a pre-existing condition since I have been with a FS since October 2010. I think that since I am his spouse, they can't disclaim coverage for me, but we want to be 100% sure on that before getting rid of my insurance, because at least my insurance has some fertility coverage. I know I am very fortuante to have coverage options, I don't know what we would do if I didn't.

Touch, sorry about the cysts. I hope IVF is the answer for you!

Hi Ladies, just thought I would drop in, not feeling ready to move on to another thread, have become too attached to you ladies. Maybe we could make an IUI/IVF in August thread? Just a thought.

Our IVF will cost about $5000 plus $700 to freeze any extra embies. This will all be out of pocket. Our drugs will be 80% covered by insurance so that is a huge help. Luckily we have some savings to pay for all of this. Hopefully we will only have to go through it all once!

Super nervous for my ultrasound ... leaving my house in 20 mins.

Expecting bad news..... will update in about 2 hours.

Good Luck PCOSmom! Hoping you get some good news :)

I have a question and it might be a stupid one.. does anyone know if it is ok to have sex the day before the CD 14 ultrasound? They will be checking how my ovaries have responded to the clomid and I just don't want anything to interfere. I'm thinking it would be ok, but any advice would be appreciated!!
Thanks!
Kendra

Good Luck PCOSmom!!! :hugs:
my insurance will pay a lifetime amount of $15,000 for IVF. which will probably only cover one time. My insurance currently covers 90% and I pay 10% out of pocket for infertility treatments as long as I stay in network and pay my copay...

kendra, sorry can't answer your question. this is my first cycle doing infertility treatments myself.

TTS, Im so sorry about the cysts. :hugs: :hugs:

:hi: springy, Michelle :hugs:

:hi: everyone!

Im still waiting on AF to arrive after stopping BCPs.... she should be around the corner tho, I can feel her... and I had some tinge red blood this morning in my CM... hope she comes soon so I can start this IUI cycle

No cysts, CD10 scan on Monday next week. Where is this pain coming from??urgh.

that is GREAT news pcosmom!! yay!! :happydance:

harvest - i had the same feelings.. your idea is perfect!

Ok - sucks that you are still in pain but YAY YAY YAY to no cysts!!!!

Where exactly is the pain? Could it maybe be muscular????

Good Luck PCOSmom!!! :hugs:
my insurance will pay a lifetime amount of $15,000 for IVF. which will probably only cover one time. My insurance currently covers 90% and I pay 10% out of pocket for infertility treatments as long as I stay in network and pay my copay...

kendra, sorry can't answer your question. this is my first cycle doing infertility treatments myself.

TTS, Im so sorry about the cysts. :hugs: :hugs:

:hi: springy, Michelle :hugs:

:hi: everyone!

Im still waiting on AF to arrive after stopping BCPs.... she should be around the corner tho, I can feel her... and I had some tinge red blood this morning in my CM... hope she comes soon so I can start this IUI cycle

Hi!!!

Hoping that AF shows up in full force sooner rather than later so that I can get this show on the road for August.

Ok - sucks that you are still in pain but YAY YAY YAY to no cysts!!!!

Where exactly is the pain? Could it maybe be muscular????

Exactly where my ovary is ... totally weird right?!

I poke at it and it hurts, if I leave it alone it'll shoot pains and even go down my right leg. I am more confused than ever. Guess I will wait to see if it goes away?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->