IUI/IVF Aug/Sept/Oct/November

hey 31!! :hugs: yeah, i've always used it after IUI and now i've been on it since the transfer. it always gave me sore boobs and made me super tired. i used the vaginal kind

hey 31~ I too have used it, not with my IUI cycles but before on my clomid only cycles... I had bad migraines on them, and sore boobs. I tend to lose my appetite on them as well.

Hello lovely ladies

how are you all? hope you are all doing well. Sorry if dont comment on everyone, my post would be MASSIVE if i did, plus work is crazy busy so im only getting chance to come on here every other day and sometimes i just read and run.
Just want to say, good luck to EVERYONE!!! lots of Baby dust to you all. :dust:

Titi, hows it going? I hope you got a better sleep last night and didnt keep waking, my ovaries keep playing tricks on me, i keep aching like AF is coming, and what do all my pregnant friends say about their first symptoms? you got it!! i know its probably just my lining thickening up!!

Maureen, how did the IUI go? welcome to the TWW, we'll try our best to support you, you're not alone, promise. :hugs:

AZlizzie - great!!! are you on the same drug level as last time? :happydance:

Angieloo - thats great!!! have you started scans? :happydance:

Littlebird, :hugs: you are soooo not alone, I hope lunch with your pastor will help, have you spoken to DH or another member of your family or a close friend who would understand? I feel like that loads, even to the point that im mindful of the amount i talk to DH about it now as i tend to "think out loud" I can't wait for this to be over as its taken over my life too. roll on BFP!!!

Havest - that is absolutely fantastic!!! yippeee!!! how many are you having put back? good luck for tomorrow :hugs:

August - congrats on passing your exam!! thats fantastic!! how you focused on that whilst TCC is amazing, I just put orange juice in my tea instead of milk... the simple tasks... Keep up the :sex: and fingers crossed for a natural BFP

AFM, am 5 dp IUI and symptom spotting like crazy!!!! aarrrhhhh bloody tww - go faster!! I've got cramps and all sorts and keep reminding myself its too early, i feel like i've just started TCC and doing crazy symptom spotting like, my chin is itchy, that must mean I'm pregnant!!

I saw the FS today about the IVF, my own clinic doesn't do it, only IUI but they are satelite for the nearest IVF clinic, so saw the IVF doctor who said my AMH is on the low side for my age (36) and that the sperm guy recommends ICSI, but then she checked all the paper work and said we'll go for IVF and assess at the time if ICSI is really needed.
It would be a whopping £5,500 in total!!! wish UK insurance covered IVF
anyway, the good thing is that no down reging needed, just stims in the cycle after next. they will start me off on 225 of gonal. DH and i discussed number of embies to put back (2) and if we would do egg donor if we needed to (yes) I feel soooo much more optimistic about the future!!!

Hi Ladies, great news today, 5 healthy embryos 2 excellent quality, 1 great and 2 good quality :happydance::happydance::happydance:
Transfer is tomorrow morning, I can't wait to be PUPO!!!
Went and bought my pineapple today so I am all ready to go :)

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah Girl!! So excited for you :)

Hi all!
Super stickies :dust: to you Harvest! Love the word PUPO!!

31-I've never taken progesterone...I wondered why they don't put me on anything but maybe it's because I've had very high levels of it naturally before in 2ww?

Had mine checked this am, actually, should know results within an hour or so. Well on to the 1ww tomorrow! I have a CRAZY lack of pg OR af symptoms-or even Clomid for that matter. Nothing! Have had better energy since IUI then a normal cycle-no noticeable mood swings beyond normal, no sore bbs, no NOTHING! It's bizarre. I wonder if it is all the Maca?? After almost three years of ttc I've FINALLY been able to cut out coffee (even though I was only down to 1 8 oz cup a day) just in case it was affecting anything-but had to substitute this roasted maca powder instead for my morning hot beverage.

Anyone ever have any medicated cycles that feel like this? It is disturbing. Although truthfully besides PMS I stopped having sore bbs & stuff about 3 months ago. It seems like the last time I took Clomid last year my 2ww was unbearable uncomfortable and preggo feeling (well what I imagine it would feel like to be preggo, lol).

hey 31!! :hugs: yeah, i've always used it after IUI and now i've been on it since the transfer. it always gave me sore boobs and made me super tired. i used the vaginal kind

Touch - How did your ultrasound go? Hope everything is fantastic and that you are enjoying every second!!!! :hugs:

few more questions on the progesterone:

1. How much does it cost?

2. The Dr said they would contact a mail-order pharmacy and they would call me. Have you ladies used mail-order before and if so how long does it take to recieve the perscription? I expect to have a +opk today or tomorrow and I think I am supposed to start it 5 days after the positive OPK.

3. Did you start it day 1 after ovulation or later?

They don't test progesterone levels after iui in uk, frustrating as last cycle I started spotting 7 dpiui and AF arrived 10'days after iui, oh well hot footing it to IVF soon....

Symptoms are a lot less for me during medicated tww yes but not excempt, yours might start in week two or even not at all, oh to not have sore boobs, I've foregone zumba class tonight as otherwise I'd end up holding them all class

Thanks Mrs C P-it is strange....As long as I ttc'd my boobs blazed for half my cycle every month.......and then within recent months-just stopped alltogether. No swelling, no pain, nothing.

They don't test progesterone levels after iui in uk, frustrating as last cycle I started spotting 7 dpiui and AF arrived 10'days after iui, oh well hot footing it to IVF soon....

Symptoms are a lot less for me during medicated tww yes but not excempt, yours might start in week two or even not at all, oh to not have sore boobs, I've foregone zumba class tonight as otherwise I'd end up holding them all class

Canada is hit or miss on whether to use progesterone after IUI or during medicated timed intercourse cycles. I did ask my doctor about it last week when I was in to see him and he said there are mixed medical opinions on it and generally if your luteal phase is normal there is no reason to add it to a cycle. So I'll trust that my normal 14 day luteal phase doesn't require my adding progesterone!

Mrs C P I was in the same boat as you after my last hyperstimulated IUI cycle - AF arrived at 11 dpo which has NEVER Happened to me before! I was so upset but it turns out that it was because my estrogen was THROUGH the roof - 4x what it normally is and definitely was indicative of OHSS!!!!

Thanks Mrs C P-it is strange....As long as I ttc'd my boobs blazed for half my cycle every month.......and then within recent months-just stopped alltogether. No swelling, no pain, nothing.

Titi - that has happened to me too! The first 14 months of TTC I always had sore boobs, pain etc. then all of a sudden nothing .... now all of a sudden again in the last few months it has reappeared! GO figure!

Hello Everyone!

We will try our 1st IUI some time around the 3rd or 4th week of Oct :)
Sooooo very exicted AF should come this weekend then clomid on days 3-7 and back to the doc on day 11th for some kind of testing dont remember what excatly....
Also the FS did mention something about a trigger shot which i will order once AF comes.

Does anyone know waht this day 11th test is all about? What happens after this? i think i was so happy to finally decide to try IUI that i didnt ask too many questions :/

Hi Ladies! Just want to thank all of you wonderful ladies for all your best wishes and support, you are all fantastic!!! Today we transferred the 2 most beautiful embies that I have ever seen, fell in love the second I saw them. OK so I know that is cheesy but so true, I couldn't stop the tears from streaming down my cheeks. We struggled a bit with how many to transfer (1 or 2), but settled on 2 so we will see what happens. FX!!! Transfer went perfectly and the Dr did acupuncture after which was nice and really relaxing. Now I am bed resting for a couple days in hope that these little monkeys stick.
31-GL with the progesterone. My symptoms are not that bad on it, just bloating and fatigue so far.
August and littlebird-hope the migranes go away quick, they are so not fun!
Happy bunny-hope the rash subsides, never got that symptom myself but sounds like no fun.
Hi to everyone else and thanks again for all the wonderful vibes!!!

hi hun! welcome it is excited starting out huh? Your 11th day will be a scan to see how far along your follicles are. If they have grown enough you will be given directions on when to trigger, if they aren't quite ready you will probably go in for another scan.

Just got my test results back....39.1. I know that's good and all knowing that I ovulated nicely but IDK, all three rounds of clomid last year I was well over 40....but I guess this doesn't mean anything, right?

Waiting2Be, I'm a newbie as well! I've done 4 rounds of clomid and am moving onto injections with an IUI this month. Good luck.

Titi, I wouldn't worry too much. The results mean that you ovulated and your progerstone level is good. I know mine fluctuates quite a bit. My first round on clomid it was 85! The next round it was 40, then after that it went back to 65.

Harvest, that's great news. Anxious to hear how it all works out for you.

Thanks...yeah I think I remember my ob/gyn telling me my cycles last time were in the 100s.....BUT I just read online that you aren't supposed to eat first and I didn't remember that this time and ate! They said eating can lower it up to 50%.....but yeah. I guess it's still good.....puhlease I want to be pg so bad !!!!!!!

Thanks TiTi!!! By scan do you mean like an ultrasound?

Round2 I had only taken clomid one month but with no IUI this will be my 1st IUI w/ clomid.
I'm a bit scrared of the IUI not sure if it will hurt but whatever the case I up for it :)

Thanks TiTi!!! By scan do you mean like an ultrasound?

Round2 I had only taken clomid one month but with no IUI this will be my 1st IUI w/ clomid.
I'm a bit scrared of the IUI not sure if it will hurt but whatever the case I up for it :)

Hi! No prob! Yes-Ultrasound.

Don't be worried it all.....it feels the exact same as a pap exam-it's pretty much the same. It hurt a teensy bit when they put the speculum in-same as a pap though-but then I didn't even know they'd done the IUI. He said, "All done" and I was like, really??????

Harvest I think I forgot to mention how endearing your post was and how excited I am for you!!!!! Get lots of rest and I'm sending you :dust: for a super sticky!!!

Hey Everyone! This is my first thread I am joining! I had my ER on 9/30, and transfer on 10/3- 2 embies 8 cells each (no idea what "grade", they didn't mention anything about that). We got to take a picture home with us of the two embryos, which was fantastic! Hopefully its something that can go in a babybook in the near furture:)

My beta isn't scheduled until 10/17 - and I think I can hold out without taking any at home tests. I try to not think about it (nearly impossible) to make the 2 weeks go by faster, so I know if I was testing, I would just drive myself crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->