IUI Reference List: Please share your numbers here

Hi ladies. I hope you don't mind me following you. I just went yesterday to a consult with an RE. He is suggesting medicated and trigger IUI. I had a tubal reversal 3/10 and hsg 12/10 showing open tubes and ovulating. DH had s/a and he's more than good to go. Just can't seem to catch that egg. I am going next Wed. for a pelvic ultra sound and a hyperscopy ? (not sure if that's right). He also suggested a possible laporscopy. I'm feeling real awkward and unsure about everything so just looking for ladies in the same boat.

I do have a question. My insurance Tricare Prime (dh is in the Army) it covers all my appointments, meds, ultra sounds but I don't think it covers the wash or actual IUI. Can anyone tell me what they paid for those things? I'm just curious of how deep I'm going to have to start digging. Thanks 8)

Hi fluterby! I'm tubal reversal gal. Your was in 2010 and curious if you have gotten pregnant since the reversal? Mine was in May and slightly loosing hope.

My clinic charges 950.0 for IUI cycle. I'm not sure about tricare covering. I'm going on my 2cnd IUI.

Lots luck to you!

Angel I haven't gotten pregnant yet however please know that I've only gotten to try a handful of times. my dh is in the Army and at the time of the reversal we lived in TX. 2 mo after I moved to IN to take care if my Gma which he stayed behind. He deployed in Sept. 2010 until Sept 2011. He is still in TX until Jan. So we've only tried like 8 times during visits we've had.

There is a whole lot of girls on here that have TR's. You should stop by a couple of the threads. I see more get pregnant than not so I remain slightly hopeful at this point. I'm just at a point of being discouraged.

Did you IUI cost include you meds and u/s? That sounds real pricey compared to few others.

I'm actually in Texas. I'm in Dallas/Ft worth area. The clomid/IUI cycle does not include meds but the clomid is like 12.00 and trigger shot was around 90.00 I think. The injectable IUI cycle is 1815.00 and that also doesn't include the meds but from what I understand the meds can cost up to 1000.00. That's the only reason I'm hesitant to the injections.

Thanks for the response. Yes I have spoke to many TR girls but I seen yours in 2010 and I think I was in shock because I was thinking here I am waisting more money and time when I could have just went straight to invitro. Lol! I use CARES facility in Bedford. If he is close to that facility take a look at their page and financial prices is in there. www.embryo.net

I found other places recently that the regular GYN do that cost less but the monitoring is not like what I get at the FS I go to. I think next month I'll be using a regular GYN clinic that does it. The only thing is the facility I use is open 7 days a week and holidays too and I can pick up the phone and ask for bloodwork and they don't question me, they draw it. It's just a facility that really goes out of the way to help. The clinics I checked on, doesn't do ultrasound the day after suspected ovulation to see if the follicles collapsed and they just draw a progesterone level. So I'm kinda paying for unlimited service for 1 price. If I want back to back IUI they will do it at no extra cost.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'm in Southern IN now, about 5 min from Louisville, KY and that's where I'm going for the RE. You're right getting good service is worth extra costs. Don't give up! I'm guessing you've had an hsg?

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I'm in Southern IN now, about 5 min from Louisville, KY and that's where I'm going for the RE. You're right getting good service is worth extra costs. Don't give up! I'm guessing you've had an hsg?

I had my HSG in October and have one blocked tube. So that's why I started the medicated IUI in hopes to have a egg on my open tube side every month. I hope to have 2 on my good side this month for more targets. I only had 2 good follies last cycle and it was one on each side.

Angel- so what's your plan for this next cycle? Or are you in your TWW I can't remember there was a lot of us

I'm in the TWW that should be over with! Lol! I know I'm not pregnant, beta negative and HPT. AF is taking her time coming in. Lol! Hopefully she will be here today. I'm going to try clomid 2-6. Maybe if I push the day up on taking it I'll make more follies.

I'm in the TWW that should be over with! Lol! I know I'm not pregnant, beta negative and HPT. AF is taking her time coming in. Lol! Hopefully she will be here today. I'm going to try clomid 2-6. Maybe if I push the day up on taking it I'll make more follies.

Ooooo no fun!!! My AF took her time as well. Are you going to do a hcg trigger shot? And what you mean you will try clomid 2-6?

I will do the trigger again. I took it 3-7 in the evening and had 2 big follies this last time. 1 28mm on my good open side and the other 24mm on my Right blocked side. I decided if I take it in the morning 2-6 maybe I'll develop more on my good side for more targets. Might be over thinking it. I can go in for baselines on day 2 or 3 and that's when I get the prescriptions.

Ooooooo I got ya. I was confused. Lol. Well, hopefully it works!!! But yea I would definitely give it a try. You might be onto something. My AF confused me this month. Came one day stopped then came back. Should I count the very first day bleeding as CD 1 or the second time it came? Im suppose to start my Femara today which is CD 3 and confused. What you think?

Oooohhh... I don't know, that is tricky. I think you probably should. My clinic says count cd1 as first full flow day but femara is like clomid minus the harsh side effects so probably wouldn't hurt to take today and get more follies! You had 3 the last time?

Im pretty sure to start either femara or clomid on days 1-5. The sooner you take the more follies but less mature. Day 3 follies are 2-3 mature also. Day5 less follies but mature follie. I figured if mine was overly mature at 3-7 I shouldn't have problem with it not being mature if I take it early.

Wow I didn't know that about the time when you take your meds and the follies. Snd yes I had 3 big eggs last time. So my next question or you is follies and eggs the same thing?? I'm in the medical field but only emergency ad we don't focus on eggs lol

I did 5 years of surgery and the past 6 years with old folks! Lol! So I'm definately out of practice with eggs but I'm seriously thinking about applying at some fertility clinics! Lol! I've done hours of research on it and quizzed my doc over the past few months. Pulled out my old nursing books! Lol! I'm a mess! I just wanted to get magically pregnant and not know all the details! Lol!

Follicles produce the egg and hold the egg as they mature. So once the egg is dropped, the follicle stays then produces the progesterone sac to support further thickening in the lining of the uterus. So when they see the follicle growing on ultrasound they are usually holding a mature egg and usually mature if the follie is greater than 18mm. The trigger helps the final process and helps to drop hopefully more than the dominant follicle.

Days 1-5- clomid or femara- more eggs but can be less mature
Days 3-7- best of both- 2-4 follies and good maturity
Days 5-9- usually helps the dominant follicle mature and usually just 1.

We need more targets. Lol.

Yes I thought about applying too! I would have NEVER thought I would have this hard of a time getting preg........ Thanks for educating me! Well, I guess it won't hurt me either way to just go ahead and start the Femara tonight. Are you Ttc #1?

I have 3 teenagers with my ex husband. Im remarried and had a tubal reversal in may. So my tubes are not in the best of shape. My husband doesn't have any kids.

Oooo I see well that's awesome!! I'm sure it won't take long for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->