IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

I guess I might as well update in here too... I started spotting this morning with cramps, so my clinic is willing to call it CD1 and put me in the Nov 1 IVF cycle for sure!

camilitary - I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL insurance... but I live *in* IL! So, yes... my insurance covers it all. Its just luck of the draw based on the state I live in. Florida isn't one of the better ones for coverage. I believe my cycle would have been around $2000 if I was paying out of pocket. Some clinics let you pay in installments and others don't.

I guess I might as well update in here too... I started spotting this morning with cramps, so my clinic is willing to call it CD1 and put me in the Nov 1 IVF cycle for sure!

Yay!!! Yeah, keep the updates coming!:happydance:

Yay!!! Yeah, keep the updates coming!:happydance:

You sure? I feel like I'm overstepping since I'm not doing IUI now... I don't mind, but I don't want to derail with my own crap, ya know?

Why not? Update away! You've had IUI, you're the voice of experience!!! lol

camilitary - I have Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL insurance... but I live *in* IL! So, yes... my insurance covers it all. Its just luck of the draw based on the state I live in. Florida isn't one of the better ones for coverage. I believe my cycle would have been around $2000 if I was paying out of pocket. Some clinics let you pay in installments and others don't.

Thanks for replying,

I used to live in Ga and I worked for BCBSGA and i think my personal insurance covered it then but I wasnt married and didnt need it. Now that I am married I have tricare and they do not cover any of it. Thanks so much for that information, I am definately trying to figure out our next steps financially

hi ladies, I was just wondering if your insurance is covering any of this and if so what type of insurance do you have? if not, and you are paying out of pocket about how much is it if you dont mind me asking and did you have to have the lump sum or were you able to pay by instances?

I have Harvard Pilgrim and they're paying 100%. I only pay co-pays and so far its been $10 per visit. The medicine for the IUI is $1200 and I am paying $20.

Well ladies; scan this morning showed that my stupid follies haven't grown at all since Monday!!! So IUI will prob not be on Friday but I've to go back then for another scan, hopefully they'll have grown cause I don't know what'll happen if they've not, hope the cycle won't need to be cancelled or anything!!!
:hugs:
Sorry AF arrived, but glad it did arrive in the end:hugs:

AFM, I had a scan today, and the follicles are growing fine (both about 18mm),
and am getting trigger injections tonight and IUI on Saturday:flower:

yay Megg! So glad that she finally showed up! Wishing you so much good luck for your IVF cycle!

I am 9dpiui and keep forgetting to collect my FMU to test! I wanted to test the HCG out! Never mind, at least it shows how relaxed I am about it all this time, that can only be a good thing.

Hey all,

I am new here, I had my first IUI on the 29th of Septmeber. My doc asked me to test 15 days later ( which was yesterday). my results showed BFN yesterday. My AF is due on Saturday 16th Oct. Do you think I still have a chance? Has anyone gotten BFN on DPO15 and later had BFP? I have no symptoms. I had soar brests a week back but right now nothing. I just have some irritaing nagging pain between my tights and the groin. any one expereienced similar pain before? I am so worried currently :( any thoughts from you all will help!

Good luck to all of you!

MarsMaiden, my you are so relaxed!:thumbup:

Welcome BabyDreams, as long as the :witch: has not shown, you are still in for a chance:flower:
:dust:

hi ladies, I was just wondering if your insurance is covering any of this and if so what type of insurance do you have? if not, and you are paying out of pocket about how much is it if you dont mind me asking and did you have to have the lump sum or were you able to pay by instances?

I have Harvard Pilgrim and they're paying 100%. I only pay co-pays and so far its been $10 per visit. The medicine for the IUI is $1200 and I am paying $20.

Just an update on cost because I know more today than I did before.. My meds were $1200 and I paid $32.50. My IUI was $995 and I'm paying $122.

Well ladies; scan this morning showed that my stupid follies haven't grown at all since Monday!!! So IUI will prob not be on Friday but I've to go back then for another scan, hopefully they'll have grown cause I don't know what'll happen if they've not, hope the cycle won't need to be cancelled or anything!!!
:hugs:
Sorry AF arrived, but glad it did arrive in the end:hugs:

AFM, I had a scan today, and the follicles are growing fine (both about 18mm),
and am getting trigger injections tonight and IUI on Saturday:flower:

Thanks! :) Ooh! Trigger tonight! Good luck! FX'd for a BFP! :hugs:

yay Megg! So glad that she finally showed up! Wishing you so much good luck for your IVF cycle!

I am 9dpiui and keep forgetting to collect my FMU to test! I wanted to test the HCG out! Never mind, at least it shows how relaxed I am about it all this time, that can only be a good thing.

Me too! Thanks!

Wow! Way more relaxed then I was! Good for you! :hugs: FX'd for your BFP very soon!

Hi ladies,
I had my scan today and things looked good! 4 follies, one big (19mm) and one medium (14mm) per ovary. Doing the shot tonight and IUI Saturday morning! :happydance: So we are on the same schedule Q! I have to wonder, how does she know that I wont ovulate between now and then? It sure feels like I am ov soon! :shrug: I guess I just have to trust her.

In regards to cost, I pay 100% upfront for the procedures and meds but then it is submitted to my insurance and I get a check for about 60% of the total. My RE is out of network and I have reached my deductible for the year. She charged about $525 for the HSG, and same for the first IUI. As for the meds, I was surprised because I picked up the shot today and paid nothing. Last month it cost me $120! So that was nice and I didn't question it!

Megg- glad to hear you are still on track for IVF. I also would like to hear your updates on how that goes!
MM- I hope to stay as calm as you over the next two weeks!
Flake- I hope your next scan shows some nice big follies!

Not bad for payment, blondemop! Could be much worse!

I went for blood work today (CD3 stuff and infectious disease screening)... then I started my birth control this afternoon. Monday morning is a fluid ultrasound to map my uterus and tubes for egg collection later, my OH's blood work, and a meeting to review our IVF calendar and go over the schedule. I start injecting Lupron on Wed which will put me in temporary menopause so they can take over all of my hormones. And, I got a call from my pharmacy today saying I'll get my meds for the whole cycle tomorrow. It cost just over $3000 for the meds, but my co-pay was only $211! I won't complain!

flake-y any updates on those follies or your iui? Hope they catch up for you *hugs*

babydream - welcome! Are you on progesterone support? that can often be the cause of cramping in the tww after iui. As for your bfn, if I am brutally honest I would say that it probably is a bfn at this stage and I am so sorry for you for that. But as quaver says, until AF shows you can never be 100% certain. *hugs*

Blondie - those are great results from your scan - good luck for your iui tomorrow, you too Quaver!

megg - sounds like you are all systems go!! tons of babydust coming your way!

afm - 10 dpiui and still pretty symptomless apart from a random pain in my armpit and slightly sore boobs (which would be the progesterone). I also have a really stiff neck but I'm fairly sure that's just cos I slept funny and not cos I'm pregnant! I did test this morning and if i stood on my head, squinted a lot and in just the right light there might have been the shadow of a line. It has got clearer through the day though(yes, I brought it to work and am checking every now and then - don't judge me!) which makes me think that it's probably an evap line. Of course it is still possible that it is also justleft over hcg trigger, I got a pretty clear positive at 9dpiui last time. Soooooooo..... nothing concrete to go on at all really but I'm not out yet! Testing again tomorrow....

MarsMaiden: I am taking Progynova twice daily from the day I did IUI. I also have a strong feeling its going to remain negative :( I am hoping atleast I get AF soon so that I can think of the next cycle. This is so hard and disappointing.. My doc has told me that we will try IUI for three cycles else move on to IVF as I have low fertility. I am so anxious :( I dont think I will try IUI thrice instead opt for IVF soon.. any thoughts on that ladies? Do you think I should try IUI next cycle in case AF arrives or just move on to IVF. I know its very expensive but me and my husband have been saving for it..

Good Luck to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"