IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

just forgot to ask one important Q - have all of you got your tubes checked before going through an IUI? My doc has not checked my tubes so far.. do they usually do it before going ahead with IUI?

Done my first ever IUI!:happydance:
It was painless:thumbup:
The eggs, lining and my cm was good:haha:

BUT..... the doctor said DH's sperm was disappointing:blush:
So the chance of pregnancy is very low this time.

Is it that bad?

Pre wash/Post wash
Volume 3.2ml/0.5ml
Motility rapid 11%/60%
Motility slow 28%/40%
Morphology 3%/4%

Oh well never mind:blush:

Hi Quaver,
I'm glad your first IUI was painless! What was the actual post wash count? I wouldn't worry too much....your eggs and lining looked good and that is pretty important. Welcome to the dreaded 2ww:flower:

Hi Quaver,
I'm glad your first IUI was painless! What was the actual post wash count? I wouldn't worry too much....your eggs and lining looked good and that is pretty important. Welcome to the dreaded 2ww:flower:
Post wash was:

Volume 0.5ml
Total motile (M/ml) 13
Motility rapid 60%
Motility slow 40%
Morphology 4%

Hi Quaver,
Post wash was:

Volume 0.5ml
Total motile (M/ml) 13
Motility rapid 60%
Motility slow 40%
Morphology 4%

Oops, sorry! It was still very early morning here in Canada...I have the morning stoopids:dohh:!

flake-y any updates on those follies or your iui? Hope they catch up for you *hugs*

babydream - welcome! Are you on progesterone support? that can often be the cause of cramping in the tww after iui. As for your bfn, if I am brutally honest I would say that it probably is a bfn at this stage and I am so sorry for you for that. But as quaver says, until AF shows you can never be 100% certain. *hugs*

Blondie - those are great results from your scan - good luck for your iui tomorrow, you too Quaver!

megg - sounds like you are all systems go!! tons of babydust coming your way!

afm - 10 dpiui and still pretty symptomless apart from a random pain in my armpit and slightly sore boobs (which would be the progesterone). I also have a really stiff neck but I'm fairly sure that's just cos I slept funny and not cos I'm pregnant! I did test this morning and if i stood on my head, squinted a lot and in just the right light there might have been the shadow of a line. It has got clearer through the day though(yes, I brought it to work and am checking every now and then - don't judge me!) which makes me think that it's probably an evap line. Of course it is still possible that it is also justleft over hcg trigger, I got a pretty clear positive at 9dpiui last time. Soooooooo..... nothing concrete to go on at all really but I'm not out yet! Testing again tomorrow....

Oooh good luck! I'm trying to hold off testing but now with your faint line, my resolve is weakening! Keep us posted...

Hi Quaver,
Post wash was:

Volume 0.5ml
Total motile (M/ml) 13
Motility rapid 60%
Motility slow 40%
Morphology 4%

Oops, sorry! It was still very early morning here in Canada...I have the morning stoopids:dohh:!
It's bad isn't it?:blush:

MarsMaiden: I am taking Progynova twice daily from the day I did IUI. I also have a strong feeling its going to remain negative :( I am hoping atleast I get AF soon so that I can think of the next cycle. This is so hard and disappointing.. My doc has told me that we will try IUI for three cycles else move on to IVF as I have low fertility. I am so anxious :( I dont think I will try IUI thrice instead opt for IVF soon.. any thoughts on that ladies? Do you think I should try IUI next cycle in case AF arrives or just move on to IVF. I know its very expensive but me and my husband have been saving for it..

Good Luck to all.

Only and your husband can decide if its time to move on. The odds are much better with IVF, but the cost is much worse and the protocol is MUCH harder. Its high demand, uncomfortable, invasive, and fraught with loads of needles and harsh drugs. That being said... I moved on after my 1st IUI, and I'm very excited to start IVF. So, take what you will from that! lol

just forgot to ask one important Q - have all of you got your tubes checked before going through an IUI? My doc has not checked my tubes so far.. do they usually do it before going ahead with IUI?

Nope, never checked my tubes before IUI, but they're checking them before IVF. Seems backwards to me, but whatever!

It's bad isn't it?:blush:[/QUOTE]

:hugs:It's definately on the low side, but I've read stories of people with the same or lower counts getting their BFP. (Google can be a friend sometimes!:winkwink:). Just try not to get discouraged....also, it's a good sign your IUI was painless, it means your body wasn't fighting to push out the catheter& sperm. Was this your DH's first SA? My hubby's count & motility goes up and down every month.

:hugs:It's definately on the low side, but I've read stories of people with the same or lower counts getting their BFP. (Google can be a friend sometimes!:winkwink:). Just try not to get discouraged....also, it's a good sign your IUI was painless, it means your body wasn't fighting to push out the catheter& sperm. Was this your DH's first SA? My hubby's count & motility goes up and down every month.
It's his second SA, he had one in June. That was pretty bad too, both are similar, but the doctor said this is worse than the last one:blush:

MarsMaiden: I am taking Progynova twice daily from the day I did IUI. I also have a strong feeling its going to remain negative :( I am hoping atleast I get AF soon so that I can think of the next cycle. This is so hard and disappointing.. My doc has told me that we will try IUI for three cycles else move on to IVF as I have low fertility. I am so anxious :( I dont think I will try IUI thrice instead opt for IVF soon.. any thoughts on that ladies? Do you think I should try IUI next cycle in case AF arrives or just move on to IVF. I know its very expensive but me and my husband have been saving for it..

Good Luck to all.

Only and your husband can decide if its time to move on. The odds are much better with IVF, but the cost is much worse and the protocol is MUCH harder. Its high demand, uncomfortable, invasive, and fraught with loads of needles and harsh drugs. That being said... I moved on after my 1st IUI, and I'm very excited to start IVF. So, take what you will from that! lol

Nope, never checked my tubes before IUI, but they're checking them before IVF. Seems backwards to me, but whatever!

Hey Megg33k, All the best for your IVF.. I hope this will do the trick for you... I spoke to a couple of other friends (who have had a sucess with twins with their first IVF) today and they said they never got their tubes checked as the doc said that the tubes dont matter for IVF ... Do you why your tubes are being checked now? Still AF hasnt arrived and the tests are still BFN..

Lots of luck to you!:hugs:

It's his second SA, he had one in June. That was pretty bad too, both are similar, but the doctor said this is worse than the last one:blush:

I posted this in the other thread, but I thought I'd re-post for you... Nothing is impossible... Keep that in mind!

Quaver, sweetie... The numbers really aren't good at all. I'm not going to lie to you. The doctor was disappointed with them for a reason. Here's a breakdown... although I feel bad posting it. :( I don't know where you fall in the age category, but I thought it might help someone anyway.

Clomid w/ IUI = 1.71 times more likely to conceive than natural IUI
Injectables w/ IUI = 2.15 times more likely to conceive than natural IUI

Less than 10 million sperm = 87% less likely to conceive than with 10 million or more sperm

More than 37 years old = 42% less likely to conceive than younger patients

Good Luck to all.

Hey Megg33k, All the best for your IVF.. I hope this will do the trick for you... I spoke to a couple of other friends (who have had a sucess with twins with their first IVF) today and they said they never got their tubes checked as the doc said that the tubes dont matter for IVF ... Do you why your tubes are being checked now? Still AF hasnt arrived and the tests are still BFN..

I'd love twins! :) They're checking my tubes now so that my FS can map my uterus and tubes in anticipation of my egg collection. He likes to have a clear path mapped out to avoid any possible issues that day.

I posted this in the other thread, but I thought I'd re-post for you... Nothing is impossible... Keep that in mind!

Quaver, sweetie... The numbers really aren't good at all. I'm not going to lie to you. The doctor was disappointed with them for a reason. Here's a breakdown... although I feel bad posting it. :( I don't know where you fall in the age category, but I thought it might help someone anyway.

Less than 10 million sperm = 87% less likely to conceive than with 10 million or more sperm

Good Luck to all.

I'd love twins! :) They're checking my tubes now so that my FS can map my uterus and tubes in anticipation of my egg collection. He likes to have a clear path mapped out to avoid any possible issues that day.

I never thought of that.... I`ll wait to see what my doc advices me the coming cycle..

So I had IUI #2 today. Much like Q, it went fine for me. Just a little cramping. HOWEVER, poor dh sperm did NOT look good. She didn't give us numbers but she said said most were dead and it was less than 4mil. How this happened I have no idea as he has never had a count less than 19mil (that was the lowest), he has lost 25 lbs, cut WAY back on drinking, exercises more, takes all the supplements, takes clomid for testosterone, AND does acupuncture. Our RE uses the "swim up method" of washing. SOOO we are hoping that means when she sucked the sample up, as she got the the bottom part she just got a little bit of the medium that is supposed to catch the bad ones and that is the drop she looked at under the microscope. SHe said that is possible. So that is what we are going with. I understand fluctuations in the count but I just don't see how his count could drop off to almost nothing for no reason at all.
Im really trying to keep positive here...

Thank you for the stats, might be good idea to save some money and go on to IVF:nope:

Thank you for the stats, might be good idea to save some money and go on to IVF:nope:

I hate that... I really do... But they can work miracles with 0.5mil with IVF or ICSI. Its just harder with IUI. Of course, it only takes 1... So, 0.5mil is way more than 1... Just not good statistically! You never know! :hugs:

I hate that... I really do... But they can work miracles with 0.5mil with IVF or ICSI. Its just harder with IUI. Of course, it only takes 1... So, 0.5mil is way more than 1... Just not good statistically! You never know! :hugs:
Thanks, glad you told me the truth:flower:

AF just arrived :( ... will be making an appointment with my doc for tomorrow..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->