• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

Wow, I don't think I could rely on my doctor, only because she has been COMPLETELY WRONG! This is our 5th cycle with this doctor. The normal thinking is that you ovulate on the 1/2 way mark, so day 15 of a 30 day cycle. I'm a 32 day cycle, so we've been expecting day 16 O. Two months ago, my OPK said day 9. But the OBGYN said no way, wayyyy too soon. So last month, day 16, OPK +, so we do IUI, nothing. This month, I go in for the scan, and it's 16 mm on cycle day 5 (O at 20 mm, and grows 1-2 mm a day, so by day 7 it should have been ready to go). I ask her again, could we be O'ing early, and she says no way. Well, what do you know, I'm day 8 and I'm O'ing. So she was completely wrong. I just don't know that I could completely trust an OBGYN when my body is doing things totally different.

So the US health care system, in a word, is screwed up. We have insurance companies that sell you plans that are all different, each with their own policies, etc. No two cover the exact same thing, and I'm sure there are millions of plans. Doctors are all private, and you try and find one your insurance will pay. Insurance gets to pick the doctors they cover. If you don't have insurance, good luck. Luckily, husband just got a new job and insurance is pretty good. My particular insurance will cover most procedures and tests to determine why I'm infertile, but they will not help me get pregnant "artificially". So we pay IUI ourselves, IVF will be our own, etc. But they will pay 100% baby, so all pregnancy will be covered, and the child will be covered. This is all great, because the insurance is free through husbands work. Most people pay 500-1500.00 per month for insurance. We don't have 'waiting lists', but you do have to find a doctor who is taking patients, and who isn't booked 3 years out, which can be very difficult sometimes. Hope that helps a little.

I will let you know how everything goes tomorrow, it's 2am and I still can't sleep. Somehow I feel like the egg will live longer if I don't sleep. Yep, I know, I've lost it for sure.

awwwww am at work so cant write lots, but thinking of you - sounds like you are having a total mare as we say in the UK !
I have my IUI 5;30 and will email to update you guys after,
I hope the 8am appt goes okay ! unless I have got it wrong and you had it today ?!?
anyway, talk later.
ps - eek $500-1500 a month on healthcare ?!?!!? jeeeeepers !!! we really are spoilt with the NHS.

I swear i notice symptoms now that i never used to have ! i can feel my ovaries now during ov time, i never did before -- but i think its cos i never tuned into it ?!
loads of people feel nothing at all too, so i think either is fine.
When do you think your IUI will be Flakey ?
I have mine tomorrow at 5.30 pm !!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeek !!

Not sure, but she said when I go back Monday they'll be able to let me know if we can go ahead & do the IUI soon, or if I have to take more of the letrozole. So could be next week sometime?

Good luck for today!!!!!!:thumbup:

Thanks - am super excited ! literally done no work today...........

I pay ~$220/mo for our insurance... but if you saw the pic I posted, you'll understand that its well worth it to pay $220/mo when they just footed almost $1200 for meds for my IUI... and they'll pay 80% of my IUI cost... They'll also cover the same for IVF. So, I'm not going to complain! I'm one of the lucky ones though... My insurance is rare, and I appreciate it every single day! I couldn't do this without it!

Sooooo... babybumpage... Did they go ahead with the IUI then? Did you miss O? Or, is it still coming? FX'd for you!

I pay ~$220/mo for our insurance... but if you saw the pic I posted, you'll understand that its well worth it to pay $220/mo when they just footed almost $1200 for meds for my IUI... and they'll pay 80% of my IUI cost... They'll also cover the same for IVF. So, I'm not going to complain! I'm one of the lucky ones though... My insurance is rare, and I appreciate it every single day! I couldn't do this without it!

Think i get how it works now.
oOOooooooooooooo 3 hours 45 mins till my IUI !!!!!!!!
my stomach is full of butterflies !

Good luck Scomar:happydance:

Hi! Just read the whole thread:book:
I'm considering IUI this September.

My doc suggested it last month, since my DH keeps missing the ov due to anxiety and being unable to produce the goods on the crucial day:growlmad:
Not to mention abnormal viscosity, 22% motility and 1% morphology:haha:

I have PCOS with irregular cycles.

CD2 today, called the clinic to make CD14 appointment and I asked about IUI, and was told they'll decide if IUI is OK or not on CD14.
It feels to me that they are cutting it close. What if I ov on CD13 or 14?

So if they find I'll ov on CD15, does that mean I need to get the semen sample from DH in the morning of CD15 before he goes to work, and take it to the clinic? Or does DH need a day off?

This is my history:

Clomid 50mg cycle 1 ov'd on CD15
Clomid 50mg cycle 2 ov'd on CD22
Clomid 100mg cycle 3 -now-

Any thoughts? Thanks:flower:

well ladies the man just called ! He has done his bit and its over to me now. Heading over there in 40 mins.
He said he thinks the sample was good quality but not so great volume as our 1st IUI. eeek ! fin out the stats when I get there.
The sperm man there (the doc that washes it all etc.) is Italian and sooooo cute ! last time i pitched up i really blushed when he chatted to me ! I never knew so many hot men worked at the sperm place !! tee heeeee
xx

Good luck Scomar:happydance:

Hi! Just read the whole thread:book:
I'm considering IUI this September.

My doc suggested it last month, since my DH keeps missing the ov due to anxiety and being unable to produce the goods on the crucial day:growlmad:

CD2 today, called the clinic to make CD14 appointment and I asked about IUI, and was told they'll decide if IUI is OK or not on CD14.

So if they find I'll ov on CD15, does that mean I need to get the semen sample from DH in the morning of CD15 before he goes to work, and take it to the clinic? Or does DH need a day off?

This is my history:

Hi lovie, on the way to my IUI shortly but i'll reply to you when am back, promise.
Yeah my DH feels the pressure when he has to perform. Must be awful to know you have to produce a good sample on demand ! one time he had to do a few test samples in a row and the poor dear had chaffage at the end !! LOL - sorry too much info ! i couldnt help but giggle at him
x

well ladies the man just called ! He has done his bit and its over to me now. Heading over there in 40 mins.
He said he thinks the sample was good quality but not so great volume as our 1st IUI. eeek ! fin out the stats when I get there.
The sperm man there (the doc that washes it all etc.) is Italian and sooooo cute ! last time i pitched up i really blushed when he chatted to me ! I never knew so many hot men worked at the sperm place !! tee heeeee
xx

:haha: :rofl: That's soo funny! They are all grand dad's at my hospital! lol
Good luck hun! Keep us informed! :rofl:

GOOD LUCK, SCOMAR!!! :yipee: (Its going on right now, ya know!)

This is my history:

Uhm... That seems a bit late to me to be deciding, but I'm really new to all of this. So, I shall let scomar answer when she returns!

so ok, we haven't missed O. The scan I had on day 5 said we had one at 16mm. They are supposed to grow 2mm per day right? So one would expect it to be over with since today is day 10. Nope. It's at 17x13 now, which means in 5 days it grew 1mm.... WTH!. So anyway, still haven't O'd and good thing to, as she said my lining is very very thin (it's day 10), so she's calling an RE to get his opinion and see what he thinks. Then I have to go back Friday for another scan, the trigger, and then IUI on Saturday, which is good, because oh poor husband.... He had to work today, and he got a ne wjob offer yesterday (from within the company) but he goes from hourly to salary, and his pay scale goes from 40k-60k per year (they top out in 6 years) to 55k-119k. Yeah. We're pretttttty happy over here. But he has to put in for it to see if anyone else more qualified wanted it (they better not), but he had to meet with the hiring manager this morning and take a bunch more tests for work, so I call him 25 times and tell him to head there, as the traffic is horrible (1.5 hours for a 45 min drive) and all I could keep thinking was I O'd at 8, so 12 hour egg timer = 8am, and he hasn't even left, and it's 10am, so my egg timer is going off in my head, and I'm thinking how can I keep this egg going longer... yep, I'm going crazy, can ya tell! So I text him and say they are doing the ultrasound, head this way. Then she said no O, so I text him and tell him stay at work, so he calls me and he's getting ready to leave work, and I tell him no stay at work, talk about a confusing day! But poor Husband doesn't know whether he's coming or going!!!!!

Scomar, soooo excited for you!! Please let us know how IUI went! Fingers crossed and Baby Dust for you!!

Glad you haven't missed it and have the IUI scheduled now! :hugs: Yay!

Uhm... I have another shot to do in about 5.5 hours... Then, my u/s is exactly 24 hours from now. I'm going to be only CD8... So, not sure what I'm hoping for. Then, we go from there. I hope to know more tomorrow around an hour from now! :) I'll keep y'all updated!!!

Ladies !!!!!!!
IUI done, sperm was 15m post wash and the mobility was a fab 96% - yay !! not so many swimmers as the 1st IUI but the ones that are there can swim well so am pleased.
now let the 2 week wait begin !! just about to have a nice glass of red, some cheesy pasta and watch britains next top model. love it love it.

Babybumpage - SO glad you didnt miss you O !

Quavar ! hey how are you ? sounds like you will be joining us IUI girlies - my DH always does his sample at the clinic, but if you live close you can courier it in - as long as its within 30 mins ! and kept warm, our doc advises bringing it in your bra so it stays warm ! LOL
so for instance today DH went in at 3.30, did the business, then i went in at 5.30. 1st IUI he was with me when i had it done as i was scared, but once i realised it was a piece of cake i said to him dont worry, just go back to work. So, in short he doesnt take a day off, just does it during his lunch hour. but then we are lucky as clinic is central london where we work.
By the way the IUI is literally painless and i am the biggest baby in the world.
xxxxxx
ps - really huge storm of babydust to all

ANd......... sorry if TMI, but we BD'd when i got home from having the IUI
just to "send in reserves" as they say in the army !
whoop whoop ! it best be a fit troop

megg, ugh, I hate shots; ; But let us know how the ultrasound goes. It'll be good to see something, even if its early.

scomar- wow, that's a great count and wow can they swim! I totally read your plan of wine, pasta and t.v. and got this warm vibe all over. It's turning fall here and It's my FAVORITE time of year. I have a banana bread candle going in the living room, put the t.v. on and jumped back in bed after my scan. I'm still here... lol! And awesome timing on sending in the reserves! They say to send in as many reserves as possible!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->