• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

Ladies !!!!!!!
IUI done, sperm was 15m post wash and the mobility was a fab 96% - yay !! not so many swimmers as the 1st IUI but the ones that are there can swim well so am pleased.
now let the 2 week wait begin !! just about to have a nice glass of red, some cheesy pasta and watch britains next top model. love it love it.

Babybumpage - SO glad you didnt miss you O !

Quavar ! hey how are you ? sounds like you will be joining us IUI girlies - my DH always does his sample at the clinic, but if you live close you can courier it in - as long as its within 30 mins ! and kept warm, our doc advises bringing it in your bra so it stays warm ! LOL
so for instance today DH went in at 3.30, did the business, then i went in at 5.30. 1st IUI he was with me when i had it done as i was scared, but once i realised it was a piece of cake i said to him dont worry, just go back to work. So, in short he doesnt take a day off, just does it during his lunch hour. but then we are lucky as clinic is central london where we work.
By the way the IUI is literally painless and i am the biggest baby in the world.
xxxxxx
ps - really huge storm of babydust to all

Thank you for that! I was terribly worried!

ANd......... sorry if TMI, but we BD'd when i got home from having the IUI
just to "send in reserves" as they say in the army !
whoop whoop ! it best be a fit troop

I think we're likely to do the same... not to send in reserves, but so it feels like I didn't pay an old man to make me pregnant! :rofl:

Us too - its just heading into Autumn and starts geting dark around 8ish - that means one thing for me - foods like macaroni cheese and PJs !!
If only i could ever persuade DH to BD in the morning then we could follow it up tomorrow too - but there is literally NO CHANCE of that. He is like a dead man walking first thing - am lucky to get a grunt out of him, let alone BD !! LOL

ps Quaver, it does seem a little late to decide your IUI, but hey - doesnt meant it wont work - presumably they will scan you ? if so they will be able to tell how close you are to O - roughly. ??
its so crazy the way all our doc's do things so different !
I got to say i do like mine -
but i do sometimes worry that when you go private this fertility stuff is a "business". do you ever worry that docs do stuff to get more money ? i know most docs are good ones but there are some sheisters out there.
I sometimes have crazy thoguhts that the doc will miss time my IUI so i have to move onto IVF and they get more cash !! i know its silly, as i genuinely think my docis a good one but you do hear horror stories.
i watched "exterme pregnancy" the other night and this woman had had 18 IUIs !! i mean seriously, you wonder if her doc was thinking - hmmmmmm £800 per IUI - chi ching !

Megg33k that made me really laugh !! paying an old man to get you preggers !! haha - the things we do.
yeah it was me and my doc in the room today and when she was doing the IUI i was thinking about how some people call their baby after where it was conveived and stuff like that. i was thinking if i concieved on this IUI what would i call it ??
"the £800 wank", "the x clinic" etc. HAHA

yeah, my doc said not only do the reserves increase the chances but also you'll never know which one got you preggers, which is kind of cool
x

Hmmm.. I'll be sending in reserves then too! LOL That's funny about naming the baby where s/he was conceived! "This is my baby... Sher!" LOL I'm conceiving at the Sher Institute... *sigh*... I hate the sound of that!

I'm now wishing I'd chosen IVF instead of IUI... I don't know why, but I think I chose incorrectly! Does TTC actually make you crazy? Because I feel that way right now!

Sher ! love it, she'll end up with a nightly show in Vegas !!x

Probably! *sigh* And, what if its a boy?! LOL

Why am I so tired? Do injectables do that? Is that even possible?

In the states, most doctors will only do 3-4 IUI's before going to IVF. IUI costs about 350, the washing costs 250. So each IUI is 600. IVF is 12,500 minimum without injectibles and the rest. All not covered by insurance, so I think we're going to stay with iui as long as we can because 12,500 is just out of our budget after we just moved across the country. But I don't know any doctor who would agree to do more than 6 Iui's before going to IVF.

My doc doesn't like to do more than 2-3 IUI's. My IUI's are running about $1000/cycle without meds... but I'm not paying out nearly that much. The IVF at my clinic is only $5000-10,000/cycle including EVERYTHING (again, I'd be paying less)... I don't know how they make that happen, but its a 40% success rate per cycle! :dohh: That's the bit that makes me wish I'd gone that route! But, I don't think I'll do more than 2 IUI's! If nothing in 2 tries, I'll probably move straight on to IVF!

The clinic I'm going to can be found at https://www.haveababy.com! They have several clinics across the country and offer financial assistance... in case anyone is interested! You'd think I worked for them instead of the other way around! LOL

By the way the IUI is literally painless and i am the biggest baby in the world.
xxxxxx
ps - really huge storm of babydust to all
Thank you for that. I hope mine will be painless as well:blush:
:dust:
ps Quaver, it does seem a little late to decide your IUI, but hey - doesnt meant it wont work - presumably they will scan you ? if so they will be able to tell how close you are to O - roughly. ??
its so crazy the way all our doc's do things so different !
I got to say i do like mine -
but i do sometimes worry that when you go private this fertility stuff is a "business". do you ever worry that docs do stuff to get more money ?
Yes they will do an internal scan. Mine's private, so I don't know if this is a money grabbing scheme so I miss another cycle or not...:blush:

In the meantime, I've bought preseed, so hoping it might do the trick if we miss IUI this time round:flower:

Everything in the US is private, and I don't think they try to make us miss anything... The thing with paying privately is that if you don't like the way they do things, you can give someone else your money instead. So, its not in their best interest to lower their success rate or make you angry! :)

Hi Ladies!

I LOVED reading all of the latest posts! Been gone for a few days and just catching up! You ladies crack me up!!!! This whole IUI business is so frustrating and time-consuming, it's great that we can all jump on here and get some much needed comic relief and de-stressing!

I'm on day 2 of Gonal F and Menopur now. Massive headache today, unlike last time when I had no side effects, probably due to higher doses. I go for my CD6 scan on Friday morning and CD8 scan on Sunday morning, so here's hoping!

As far as costs go...just wanted to share a little with all of you. I am in Canada, and luckily my health insurance plan through work covers all of my meds. I just picked up my last "crate full" and Gonal F was approx $7800, menopur $1400 - and that's not even including the HCG trigger or Orgalutran! I can't imagine having no coverage...how the hell would anyone be able to afford this? And this isn't even IVF - just IUI!!!! The actual cost of IUI is covered by our Provincial Health Plan, but sperm washing is $250.

It seems so rediculous that the costs are this terribly high!!!! Makes me sick!!!!

WELL...thank you for the smiles and the chuckles ladies. Lord knows I needed it!

LOADS AND LOADS OF BABY DUST TO ALL OF YOU!!! I'll be watching for everyone's results!

Wendy

My injection tonight pinched and it burned after... My 5th one finally hurts? What gives?

Megg, maybe this one is the charm so it was just trying to get in what pain it could!! And it's funny, because just before I went to write that our breaker in our bedroom went off, and we lost all power for a few minutes! lol a sign maybe?

Maybe? LOL I would love for this to be the last shot and the only time I have to go through all of this! Funny enough, I had to go to the hospital tonight that I have to go to tomorrow! Hubby missed the last step on our porch, and rolled his ankle. It turned out to be just a bad sprain! We're home now, but I'll be back in 12 hours! lol

Everything in the US is private, and I don't think they try to make us miss anything... The thing with paying privately is that if you don't like the way they do things, you can give someone else your money instead. So, its not in their best interest to lower their success rate or make you angry! :)
Good point:thumbup: Not sure where my FS comes in though. Perhaps they know I'll ov late:haha:

Not sure... I wish I had that answer for you!

:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

2 x 13mm & 2 x 14mm on my right ovary... 2 x 13mm on my left ovary (maybe more, couldn't see it well)...

2 more injections (tonight and tomorrow), trigger at midnight Saturday night, and IUI 10am Mon morning!!!

:wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

:yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:

2 x 13mm & 2 x 14mm on my right ovary... 2 x 13mm on my left ovary (maybe more, couldn't see it well)...

2 more injections (tonight and tomorrow), trigger at midnight Saturday night, and IUI 10am Mon morning!!!

:wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay !!! thats awsome !! am so excited for you !!! you might even get twinnies with all those follies !!! eeeeeeeeeeeek !!! remind me is this your first IUI ?
SO exciting !!! Monday morning isnt long to wait at ALL x

I know! Everyone has told me twins for ages! Maybe they're right! :)

Yes, its my first! I so hope it only takes once! With 6 targets and tens of millions of sperm... How could ONE not take? It has to!

Also, 15mm endometrium! Forgot to add that bit!

:hi: Good luck to everyone! I agree, you ladies are hilarious! Love it!
I talked to my FS today. DH SA numbers were great but morphology was still not in the normal range. She said she would still go ahead with IUI, so they must not have been that bad! I have an HSG Monday and if that is ok I will have IUI late next week. No meds for this first round for me though. We are trying a natural cycle. Well, natural with LOTS of accupuncture and lots of herbs and supplements (something like 26 pills a day!) I really really hope this works out for all of us! It really can drive one crazy!!!
Until then... trying to :coffee:!
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"