IUIs 2014!!! Let's do this!!!

Hiiiiii!!!! So I spent the week visiting 2 different IVF centres and preparing myself incase AF shows up this weekend.....We chose to go with an IVF center in the best hospital in the country vs an IVF clinic. We got our expenses in order and mentally prepared ourselves....

But.....

Just need some opinions to help ease my mind! I don't want to get too excited....

Since I did back to back IUI, today is 13dpiui from the first round and 12dpiui from the second insemination.

I promised myself I wouldn't test until October 18th, but I couldn't wait. October 18 would be 15dpiui from my first insem and 14dpiui from my second insem.

All these came up within the time frame. Really hope it's the start of a happy and healthy pregnancy. This is not done with FMU.

Someone please CONFIRM this is not the trigger showing me a BFP. My trigger was Pregnyl, 10,000iu on Oct 2. So, technically I'm 14dptrigger.

AHHHHH!!!!!!!

That's a bfp!!! Congrats!! I got mine at 12dpiui. So happy for you!!

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
I did some more tests today, attached is the photo.
AHHHH!!!!!!!! Didn't think I'd ever see those lines again. Hoping, wish for the best. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2
Hie Dearies!

I'm also IN here with all of you
today started with Gonal F 300 iu injections which will goes one till 22nd Oct i.e. my CD11 ,

same day Dr call me for follicular ultrasound also, hope for best if any chance with enough mature follicles, the insemination will happen on Saturday 25th or Sunday 26th

sending lots of baby dust n prays to all of yours way

Good luck buddies <3 <3

Best of luck to you! :)

Yayjaan !! Those look great!!! Fxed for you!

Hey ladies! A little history, I have Graves Disease, a hyperactive thyroid disorder. My T4 and T3 levels are within range, but my TSH seems to be uncontrollable - it ranges from .020 to 8.889 in any given test.

After what we thought was a faint positive, which turned out to be false, my OB/GYN checked my FSH, LH, and Prolactin levels. FSH = 90 :sad2: LH = 61 :huh: ad Prolactin was 9 (normal range). OB/GYN and Endo said no go, I'm in menopause. I'M 38 YEARS OLD! 3 months (filled with hot flashes and misery) later, I had two normal periods (LMP 9/25/14). So on my GPs recommendation, my husband and I decided to contact an RE, in Mt. Laurel, NJ, who specializes in helping women with high hormone levels and autoimmune disorders.

I guess my question is - what were your levels like? I understand an FSH/LH ratio means something - but not sure what. What does my ratio mean? (FSH 90 LH 61). My insurance doesn't cover IVF, and we don't want to do that anyway - the whole point is to have a child TOGETHER. It's our 2nd marriage, we each have children, and it wouldn't be fair to them to spend a small fortune on having another. My insurance does, however, cover AI. And, I guess, IUI. And meds.

What were your TTC journeys with your hormone numbers? Is there hope? Our appointment is 11/13, and while I'm certainly hopeful - the nurse I spoke to was amazing, answered all my questions, and assured me that if it could be done, Dr. Check (?) could do it.

Hey ladies! A little history, I have Graves Disease, a hyperactive thyroid disorder. My T4 and T3 levels are within range, but my TSH seems to be uncontrollable - it ranges from .020 to 8.889 in any given test.

After what we thought was a faint positive, which turned out to be false, my OB/GYN checked my FSH, LH, and Prolactin levels. FSH = 90 :sad2: LH = 61 :huh: ad Prolactin was 9 (normal range). OB/GYN and Endo said no go, I'm in menopause. I'M 38 YEARS OLD! 3 months (filled with hot flashes and misery) later, I had two normal periods (LMP 9/25/14). So on my GPs recommendation, my husband and I decided to contact an RE, in Mt. Laurel, NJ, who specializes in helping women with high hormone levels and autoimmune disorders.

I guess my question is - what were your levels like? I understand an FSH/LH ratio means something - but not sure what. What does my ratio mean? (FSH 90 LH 61). My insurance doesn't cover IVF, and we don't want to do that anyway - the whole point is to have a child TOGETHER. It's our 2nd marriage, we each have children, and it wouldn't be fair to them to spend a small fortune on having another. My insurance does, however, cover AI. And, I guess, IUI. And meds.

What were your TTC journeys with your hormone numbers? Is there hope? Our appointment is 11/13, and while I'm certainly hopeful - the nurse I spoke to was amazing, answered all my questions, and assured me that if it could be done, Dr. Check (?) could do it.

Note: Due to my Graves, my periods are irregular, so no clue what CD these tests were done on, I'd say mid-cycle, plus I was trying Vitex at the time.

Jaan those look real to me! To late to be the trigger showing up so dark!! Good luck and h&h 9mo!!!

its official!!!!!
beta/hcg 148 @ 15dpiui

:):):):):):)

Trying to be calm and just hope and pray for the best. I'm terrified bout miscarrying again! :(

Can't believe this!

Jaan I'm so happy for you!!! Try to relax and thu l happy thoughts. This baby is meant to be!!

Jenny I wish I had an answer for you. I don't remeber my numbers off hand but mine were all normal except progesterone. I sure hope they can figure this out for you!

Thanks ladies,
I am so excited too! Still can't believe it, everytime I remember I saw those double lines I get so excited all over again!
Really hoping this one is going to stick and stay.
Pregnancy is so stressful isn't it?

Jenny, so sorry I am of no help to you, hopefully you get your answers soon. :)

Jenny,

I know normally they test your fsh / lh on cd 3 (or within 3-5 days after starting your period). I'm not sure what (if anything) the numbers would mean if taken mid cycle. That said, a normal fsh is between 5-20ish. The lower the fsh, the better your chances of having good quality eggs left and your chances of being able to stimulate those eggs to grow. Your RE will no doubt have seen patients in your situation before. Good luck.

I do know a couple of women personally who had DOM (dominished ovarian reserve) and who did ivf and did get pregnant. Not sure what their fsh was at the time. Their docs recommended skipping iui and going straight to ivf due to their age (they were both at or approaching 40 at the time).

Congrats again jaan...doyou get a second beta?
Jenny, I don't remember my numbers, but my tests were normal. We had a make factor wewere dealing with. We did 4 iuis and then the ivf. Insurance was the same for us, iuis and meds covered so we spent 13k on the ivf....but it worked!

Hello,
Got my second beta done today (17dpIUI) and the result was 419.60 ...at 15dpIUI it was 148.01

Hope this is a good sign!

Hello,
Got my second beta done today (17dpIUI) and the result was 419.60 ...at 15dpIUI it was 148.01

Hope this is a good sign!

That is a wonderful sign!!! So happy for you!

thanks dini and moni, my dr only requested for two draws but i'm tempted to go tomorrow and pay for the third one :p some ladies say it's not necessary.....i think i am just going crazy. hahha. just so excited!
i have zero pregnancy symptoms, with my last (the one i miscarried) i had such sore boobs and felt like being sick every am even though i never did actually throw up. maybe it was the type of progesterone i was put on after the IUI. this time she changed it to utrogestan 200 mg.

hope all is well with everyone! xx

Jenny,

I know normally they test your fsh / lh on cd 3 (or within 3-5 days after starting your period). I'm not sure what (if anything) the numbers would mean if taken mid cycle. That said, a normal fsh is between 5-20ish. The lower the fsh, the better your chances of having good quality eggs left and your chances of being able to stimulate those eggs to grow. Your RE will no doubt have seen patients in your situation before. Good luck.

I do know a couple of women personally who had DOM (dominished ovarian reserve) and who did ivf and did get pregnant. Not sure what their fsh was at the time. Their docs recommended skipping iui and going straight to ivf due to their age (they were both at or approaching 40 at the time).

Thank you,

The RE already knows we do not want to do IVF. We want a child together, and if we can't conceive with his sperm and my egg, then we aren't going any farther. It's just not fair to our other children, plus we can't afford IVF. The RE I'm going to specializes in lowering FSH and improving egg quality. To prep, I've started a low dose of Co Q10 (don't want to increase until I see the effect - if any - on my thyroid) and multi-vitamins.

I'm confused about OPKs though - with my LH being so high on that test (61 - which is normal for the ovulatory stage, but not sure where I was in the cycle) wouldn't I always have a positive OPK? I took one on CD23 that was thisclose to positive, but not quite, then I took one on CD25 that was lighter (negative). My husband noticed the difference between the two tests. I'm taking one today too - we've been quite a bit more, ah, active? this month - since my cycles started again, my libido picked up again, which I'm hoping against hope is a good sign. If today's is stark negative, maybe CD22 would have been positive had I checked, and maybe we did in fact catch an egg. How wonderful to be able to go in and that US show we did it on our own! But I doubt it. Just hoping the RE can help within the limits of our insurance. Good news is when my levels were checked and that high a few months ago, I was consistently getting faint but definite positive pregnancy tests (OB said it was due to the rising hormone levels). Took one for $hit$ and giggles the other day and not even a HINT of a line. I'm wondering if the Vitex I was on screwed up my hormones and I'm getting back to normal.

I know you don't want to do ivf but just to make it clear to others who may read this ivf still uses your eggs and husbands sperm, so the baby is still conceived 'as a couple'.

thanks dini and moni, my dr only requested for two draws but i'm tempted to go tomorrow and pay for the third one :p some ladies say it's not necessary.....i think i am just going crazy. hahha. just so excited!
i have zero pregnancy symptoms, with my last (the one i miscarried) i had such sore boobs and felt like being sick every am even though i never did actually throw up. maybe it was the type of progesterone i was put on after the IUI. this time she changed it to utrogestan 200 mg.

hope all is well with everyone! xx

Relax and let you body do hat it is made to do. Symptoms come and go. Relax and take a breath. So happy your beta is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->