IVF 2019 chatter

Hi Ladies,

I thought I would join in. I'm currently on Day 5 of stims. I'm going in for a follicle scan tomorrow morning and Monday to see where we are at. I'm starting to get uncomfortable. My ovaries feel so heavy and I've got some lower back pain going on. They said I would probably go in for retrieval sometime between 6/5 - 6/10. I had some fluid sacs in my uterus during my baseline scan, so if those haven't cleared up we'll wait for me to have a full period and then do FET after. I'm so nervous I won't get any follicles retrieved that make it to frozen. :(

Congratulations on your new job Lady! Sounds great to get all benefits still.

All the best for your husbands operation...not much longer to wait for it now. It's good that you will know straight away. I really hope it is a success for you.

Thank you

Thanks so much :)

@LadyVictoria good luck in the new job!

@AmandaGAC welcome! Rooting for you to have plenty (and not too many...) good eggs that will become perfectly formed embryos

@Mum42crazy this is so difficult that you have to deal with such stuff in addition to it being already hard enough as it is. I am sorry you are going through this.

@FTale I got everything crossed for you, hope this month is yours!

AFM my D&C got cancelled because I started bleeding again spontaneously, so my doc said it's in the grey zone and let me decide wether to wait some more or not. As much as I want it to be over with and start trying again I am too afraid to have the feeling I could avoid an unnecessary unwanted outcome, if I have it. So I am WAITING again, I am starting to think this is actually the real answer to how babies come into the world...

Thank you, Nima! Wishing you the best with everything. I can't imagine the frustration.

Thank you Nima!

@LadyVictoria - Good luck! Hoping the new job is very low stress.

Went for my follicle scan this morning. She said my uterus and the lining looked great, so all those weird fluid sacs must have corrected themselves. Thank goodness!! Here are my numbers. Going back for another scan on Monday.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
mum: That is awful. Why. Just why. With all the protocols for other things hospitals have they should know they can't just house sperm and release it all willy nilly. There are parameters to follow for both sides. Man I hope this gets solved without you missing this months try. HUG

lady: Congrats and SUPER big YAY for continued coverage...so blessed. You got all my prayers that they get some great sperm from your husbands surgery. HUGS

Amanda: FX for you !! So happy the sacs resolved themselves!! Great numbers and prayers for a good retrieval!!

Still in a holding pattern. Going back tomorrow for another scan and hopefully being told we can trigger for retrieval this weekend. Feeling sooo bloated.

Amanda good luck with your scan, I hope that you get the green light tl trigger :)

FTale how are things?

Nima have you any updates on your situation? I hope all has now resolved so you can look to move forward as you hoped.

Mum any progress with accessing the sperm?

I have my viability scan on Wednesday. Am full of cold atm and been feeling so run down with it. Typical!

Baby dust to all

Nima - How are things going?!

LadyVictoria - How is the new job going?

GoingForIt - Oh no!! Hoping you feel better soon. Having a cold is seriously no fun. I just got over one a few weeks ago and I was so run down. Hopefully it passes quickly.

AFM - Got the go ahead for retrieval on Sunday at 7:30am, so I'm triggering tonight. I'm nervous and excited.

Going: 3dpo and waiting. Have loads of hpts to use but thinking I should probably only need two or three since they are so sensitive. Nervous but I have faith that it will happen soon.

Prayers for your scan. Id be all nerves but then thats me..lol Please keep us posted.

Amanda: FX for retrieval this weekend. Hope all goes really well.

Last edited:
Amanda all the best for tomorrow...that's such great news. Thank you for the well wishes.

FTale I have everything crossed for you this cycle. I know the wait always seems like it takes forever. Do you plan to test om a certain dpo? I am indeed a mix of nervousness and excitement for my scan.

Went out on a family walk part way around a loch today. Was lovely to have some fresh air but my head just felt like it wanted to explode for the most of it. Had a nap this afternoon so hopefully that'll help my body fight it.

going: Oh, man, the headaches when preggy can be atrocious. I hope the rest did you some good. I understand the fresh air need though. Feels good to let it hit your face and breathe it in. I've been crutching out to therapy and to get wheeled around stores..lol. Love being outdoors again.

Thank you! I will be testing this Thursday at 9dpo. My hubby is taking me 7dpo for beta and progesterone tests. I'll find out results 8dpo. I will go crazy if my beta is over 1 even...lol because it never is unless I am pregnant. But if not we will wait till test days to see if we get a bfp.

For now I feel like rubbish and need to go to bed. I want cold orange juice so bad but I have to put it back in fridge because I don't think you are suppose to have cold things during tww. K, night Hugs all

BFN at 9dpo. Bleh still praying for a miracle to happen one of these days.;)

Going: Thank you. Praying your lil bubba is baking just right too. Big Hugs

Going: Thank you. Praying your lil bubba is baking just right too. Big Hugs

Had our viability scan...baking beautifully thank you First midwife appointment later today...makes it all so real.

Lady has your husband had his operation now? Hope all went well and that you now know your next steps.

Baby dust to all xx

20190612_073556-1024x768.jpg

@AmandaGAC wow sooo excited for your retrieval! Good luck!

@goingforit beautiful scan <3

@FTale still hoping you got a late bfp and sending a huge hug if you didn't. I am really rooting for you.

I am still waiting for the period to come. I started using Ava again and I think I ovulated a week ago, so that's another week of waiting. I have decided I will start an ivf cycle even if the uterus isn't ready yet and freeze all in case it isn't, so that I can come back for FETs only during the first months at my new job, without having to take almost a week off. How is your experience with FET? Is the hormonal preparation difficult? Have you done natural cycle FET?

Amanda - Thanks so much! It's been 2 weeks on the new job and I absolutely love it. It was the best move I ever could have made. My new department is wonderful - everyone is kind and there's just a positive energy there. Total opposite of the job I left! And they all seem very family oriented... One of the women I met has been there a year but took a maternity leave during that time so overall, I get the impression that they wouldn't hold it against me if we can move forward with ICSI/IVF and I were to get pregnant right away!

FTale - Yes, I'm so glad that everything worked out with our insurance. I would have been devastated if we had to delay again. Crossing my fingers for you!

Going - So excited for you!

The surgery and biopsy are on Monday. We're getting so nervous to finally know our fate... Not that it's the end all be all, but the thought of not finding sperm really worries me. Our urologist is willing to try different treatments to help stimulate sperm production if there isn't any, but I'm hoping and praying that we don't need to go down that path. Please send all of the prayers and positive thoughts our way! I just want us to have a chance at trying ICSI/IVF and becoming parents... even just to one child that is all ours. We would be so grateful!

@LadyVictoria I hope it all went well today, was thinking of you.

I had another check up today and discovered it is still not over, I will have to wait 3 more weeks and if there's still pregnancy material in the uterus I'll have to get a d&c. At this moment it is therefore clear that we won't be able to do IVF in the near future, and unless I do get pregnant through home insems and prayers, it will only be possible in a year from now. I'm trying to get used to this idea.

How are you all doing?

@LadyVictoria I hope it all went well today, was thinking of you.

I had another check up today and discovered it is still not over, I will have to wait 3 more weeks and if there's still pregnancy material in the uterus I'll have to get a d&c. At this moment it is therefore clear that we won't be able to do IVF in the near future, and unless I do get pregnant through home insems and prayers, it will only be possible in a year from now. I'm trying to get used to this idea.

How are you all doing?

So sorry to hear that your plans might be delayed! Wishing you the best.

Unfortunately, our plans definitely are. delayed. No sperm found in the biopsy. I'm numb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->