IVF 2019 chatter

Goingforit - Thanks so much! I'll take all of the good luck and well wishes I can get.

Nima - Thanks, I hope so too! My RE stated that even though IVF bypasses the tubes, the HSG is required for all IVF patients to rule out any issues in the tubes or uterus that could hinder implantation. Obviously you don't want implantation to occur in the tubes, but he said that a tubal blockage could still negatively impact IVF outcomes. I'm glad to do it for the peace of mind.
Thanks for the explanation, that's good to know, I'll ask about it in our clinic.
Good luck again!

Thanks for the explanation, that's good to know, I'll ask about it in our clinic.
Good luck again!

No problem! It seems pretty common from all of the IVF TTC accounts that I follow on Instagram.

And thank you! I'll take all of the luck and baby dust that I can get :)

Had a Skype consultation today with the clinic, it is official: we start ivf end of April. Pick-up and transfer in May. One more month to wait. I am excited and still have a small hope we won't need it, if I get a bfp this month.
I will be doing the short protocol because I have lots of follicles, hopefully it will be enough.

How are you all doing?

Hey, just following you all. I'm enjoying seeing you all champion on. I keep doing the hokey pokey at 42. I do then I don't. Only time will tell. So till I know for sure I'll be stalking you all with hopes of bfps and due dates. HUGS

Hey, just following you all. I'm enjoying seeing you all champion on. I keep doing the hokey pokey at 42. I do then I don't. Only time will tell. So till I know for sure I'll be stalking you all with hopes of bfps and due dates. HUGS
I’m 42 too and now starting IVF :dust:

That's great Nima! So good that you have everything in place if it is needed after this cycle :)

FTale - hope you are keeping in good spirits. Are you feeling better now from the diverticulitis?

Mum42crazy that's great news! I remember that positive feeling to be starting on my journey! Keep us updated.

Transfer tomorrow!! Excited and nervous. Am just about to check the weather as earlier today snow was forecast so I want to go prepared. Early, with supplies and warm clothes!

Hope everyone else is okay. xx

That's great Nima! So good that you have everything in place if it is needed after this cycle :)

FTale - hope you are keeping in good spirits. Are you feeling better now from the diverticulitis?

Mum42crazy that's great news! I remember that positive feeling to be starting on my journey! Keep us updated.

Transfer tomorrow!! Excited and nervous. Am just about to check the weather as earlier today snow was forecast so I want to go prepared. Early, with supplies and warm clothes!

Hope everyone else is okay. xx
Good luck! I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Hope everyone else is okay. xx[/QUO
FX for today..... big hug

MUM: HUGS...I hope your journey is a fantastic one! April 4th is when I'm suppose to have lost weight and start my IVF journey but I'm sitting here all chunky going 'how about 4 more months'...lol

Going: OMG...Prayers for a successful transfer! My tummy problems are mixed with Lupus issues too (discovered this a month ago...coping) so I am really doing my best to balance everything. From apple cider vinegar tabs, CoQ10, and my prenatals with DHA...coupled with smaller meals, I'm doing better.

Nima: I guess this is the time of year for IVF. I am so happy to see you on this journey.

Lady: Hey! Sending you some IVF love too. Not sure what our bodies are up to but IVF seems to be the only way to get that lil bubba sooner rather than later, FX of course!!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Going: OMG...Prayers for a successful transfer! My tummy problems are mixed with Lupus issues too (discovered this a month ago...coping) so I am really doing my best to balance everything. From apple cider vinegar tabs, CoQ10, and my prenatals with DHA...coupled with smaller meals

Awww...I am so sorry to hear this. Sounds like you have quite a lot to contend with. You've got this. Keep up the hard work! Hugs xxx

Nima - Congrats on getting the ball rolling! I'm jealous lol We're at the urologist's mercy right now. We've been waiting for his nurse to call to schedule my husband's surgery and biopsy but when my husband called to check up on everything, they said they needed the urologist to sign off on something before scheduling... So we've been waiting over a week now.

Goingforit- Good luck to you! I hope you end up with a healthy, happy baby in your arms :)

FTale - Thank you! Having male factor issues has been really difficult but this infertility journey has really strengthened our marriage... I feel that if we can get through this, we can get through anything together!

Thanks ladies! It's incredible what they can do isn't it. I'm in awe of the whole process.

Lady that's so beautiful about your marriage! The journey can be so gruelling on a relationship so it's so nice to hear that you feel it's strengthened your marriage. ❤ I really hope that the urologist gets organised so things can start for you. Xx

Going: It is so amazing isn't it? I know I sit in wonder while I watch you all go through the meds and the scans then the transfer. I wonder what it feels like to have a transfer done. Some women swear they can feel when the lil one implants. Did you have that experience?

Lady: HUGS, totally. I know we are closer too. There are things I'd never have dreamed of talking about in front or him let along to him. But infertility has brought us too to a place of ultra togetherness where nothing is off bounds anymore. Wellll, when he starts talking electronics I quit listening a bit ...LOL

You have so much patience. I would be calling every day. I'm horrible that way. Alas, every two days is enough just so they won't forget you ;)

Goingforit - Yes, it really amazes me how doctors can help us have babies... We wouldn't have a chance otherwise. And thank you! It's not easy but I think about couples who break up over infertility issues and, sure, I imagine I could start over with a man that doesn't have this health problem and get pregnant right away, but I have no desire to spend my life with anyone else. I'd rather struggle with my husband than have it easy with someone else. That's what keeps me going on the hard days.

FTale - Yes, we talk about all kinds of odd things now LOL It's for the best though.

Yesterday was CD1 for me so I called to schedule all of my tests. Tomorrow I have CD3 blood work and my baseline ultrasound. Then next Friday is my HSG. We STILL are getting the runaround from the urologist's office! First they were saying our urologist has to sign off on the surgery, then we need to call our insurance company TOGETHER and say that we elect to use our infertility benefits, even though I already did that... Every time we call it's a new story. My husband might just stop by in person to see if that helps get things straightened out more quickly. I don't know why this has to be so difficult.

Good luck Lady! And so annoying that you have to deal with such unnecessary beaurocracy ... I hope going there in person really gets things going.
Waiting is such a huge part of ttcing, that's something i didn't imagine before...

Lady: YES...have him go in person. That was the only way we got our Urologist office to put some speed in it. I hate to say it but its like our situations are just numbers on their 'to do list'. So we have to make ourselves SEEN. Praying you can get over the Urologist hurdle soon.

As for me, sitting here at 6dpo feeling weird. Yeah, no one has ever been here before LOL...j/k. I had these two awful instances of pains in the left side of my uterus. One right in front of my husband and I doubled over in pain. I tried to play it off but nope. I ovulated from my left ovary this cycle too. But I do not want to get my hopes up. :roll:

If this cycle is a bfp cycle, I will then attribute it to an 'early symptom' ..lol but who knows.

Never felt it before and dang, it hurt and I don't want to feel it again.

How is everyone doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->