IVF 2019 chatter

Goingforit, ugh, I think I am a POS addict. I didn’t even test with my first IVF, and the second IVF I waited until 6dp5dt.im technically on day 4 until noon, so it’s way too early by almost all standards. I’m all over the place today, which is EXACTLY why they tell you not to test early. I know the accuracy is 0% today, but my heart is in it. I need to step away from the tests!

My FET was natural, sort of. We didn’t use BCPs, so followed by natural cycle, but I did have Lupron injections to stop myself from ovulating until I had several days of PIO injections. How many embryos are you transferring?

Goingforit, ugh, I think I am a POS addict. I didn’t even test with my first IVF, and the second IVF I waited until 6dp5dt.im technically on day 4 until noon, so it’s way too early by almost all standards. I’m all over the place today, which is EXACTLY why they tell you not to test early. I know the accuracy is 0% today, but my heart is in it. I need to step away from the tests!

My FET was natural, sort of. We didn’t use BCPs, so followed by natural cycle, but I did have Lupron injections to stop myself from ovulating until I had several days of PIO injections. How many embryos are you transferring?

I can relate to POS addictions. I ordered tests today! I have internet cheapies already but wanted some FRER. Unfortunately I think the 2ww is hard whether you test or not. I suppose it's the pressure of everything coming together.

Ah okay, my natural is just an Ovitrelle shot I believe. I will just be transferring 1 embryo. Bit excited now to get started again but I'm sure once it's onboard I'll be anxious as to what is going on.

Wishing you the best of luck. Does your clinic do bloods on OTD?

I have a blood test scheduled for Monday. It will be brutal to go through if I don't get a positive before then. Wonder if I can go straight into another FET cycle if this one doesn't work, or if I have to wait a month to start again?

I can't believe that MOST women have sex with their husbands to get a baby?! [-( :roll:

I have a blood test scheduled for Monday. It will be brutal to go through if I don't get a positive before then. Wonder if I can go straight into another FET cycle if this one doesn't work, or if I have to wait a month to start again?

I can't believe that MOST women have sex with their husbands to get a baby?! [-( :roll:

Awwww....big hugs! Not much longer to wait but I can understand how brutal it will feel. It's so tough...your 5dp5dt now? There is still time to see a change! I think as it's natural you possibly can but I've no real experience of this I'm afraid. Wait til you know your outcome. .it's still early days

If only sex worked for us. Still didn't stop me testing last month though....just incase!

Last edited:
Just an update to say my doctor has called me back in to discuss my thyroid bloods. Have an appointment on Monday. My previous tests showed I had a slightly overactive thyroid so she asked me to book in repeat bloods for the end of January. Bit nervous about what this could mean for our FET but I shall have to wait and see.

Hope everyone is okay xxx

Goingforit, good luck Monday! Hopefully they just want to make a small adjustment, or maybe your numbers are perfect now! :)

I think I'm out this cycle. today is 8dp5dt and my test this morning was negative. I called my clinic yesterday begging for an early blood test, but my doctor is a stickler for protocol, and since my test is "technically" due tomorrow (when they are closed) I have to wait until Monday. I dont see the point in testing, when clearly I am not pregnant. ugh. My take away from this cycle is why you shouldn't test early. Days 3, 4, 5, its so exciting, the idea of getting a positive at the first available second! But when it doesn't work, there's no end to the testing. You have to keep going, keep trying, waiting, hoping, and you are let down every.single.time. The last day or so has been brutal. I don't mean to be dramatic, I have two beautiful children, I. am. so. thankful. Its just so much to go through, I stared at a picture of that embryo for 5 years, and I cant believe its really gone now :(

On a lighter note, when we went into this cycle we thought we only had one embryo left, and we learned we actually had 3. So, we are going to move directly into the next cycle. Hoping I dont have to take a month off.

Hope everyone is doing ok today <3

Goingforit, good luck Monday! Hopefully they just want to make a small adjustment, or maybe your numbers are perfect now! :)

I think I'm out this cycle. today is 8dp5dt and my test this morning was negative. I called my clinic yesterday begging for an early blood test, but my doctor is a stickler for protocol, and since my test is "technically" due tomorrow (when they are closed) I have to wait until Monday. I dont see the point in testing, when clearly I am not pregnant. ugh. My take away from this cycle is why you shouldn't test early. Days 3, 4, 5, its so exciting, the idea of getting a positive at the first available second! But when it doesn't work, there's no end to the testing. You have to keep going, keep trying, waiting, hoping, and you are let down every.single.time. The last day or so has been brutal. I don't mean to be dramatic, I have two beautiful children, I. am. so. thankful. Its just so much to go through, I stared at a picture of that embryo for 5 years, and I cant believe its really gone now :(

On a lighter note, when we went into this cycle we thought we only had one embryo left, and we learned we actually had 3. So, we are going to move directly into the next cycle. Hoping I dont have to take a month off.

Hope everyone is doing ok today <3

Thank you...hopefully it will be something and nothing.

So sorry to read that it hasn't worked and that they wouldn't let you have your bloods early. I can totally understand where you are coming from with regards to the testing. I have been debating what I'll do after transfer but after reading this I'll try and wait it out. Sending hugs. It is such an emotional journey.

Wishing you all the best with the next cycle. Hopefully they will let you go straight into it.

W8ing HUGS...I've been following and am so sorry it didn't work. I know the excitement of looking at that test and hoping. I am very happy you had more embryos waiting for you. And got everything crossed you next cycle baby sticks.

NIMA: Hugs...how are you doing? What are your next steps?

Goingforit: Prayers for Monday. Really rooting for you to be alright and to get to do your transfer soon.

Hope I didn't forget anyone..Hugs.

Sorry I haven't been very active. But you all are in my thoughts. Work has been very heavy and thankful for it. Still trying naturally contemplating trying the last of my Clomid this month. But my body is clean and last cycle I owed later and had a 14 day lp which was nice because I did it without progesterone. I will let you all know what I end up doing.

Miss Cassie I am so sorry to read your signature. Sending you the biggest hug! We will be here for you when you want to talk.

DogMummy how are things going with you? Did you order the meds?

Pamg - did you make any decisions?

W8ing4ours - hope your appointment went well on Monday. What are your next steps?

Nima - how are you doing?

FTale - that is great news about your cycle! Sounds like you are rather busy. Fx if you opt for Clomid it will work for you. You just never know!

Arianne - have you had the wedding now? Congratulations if so! I have a feeling you were taking a break for a few months actually due to Honeymoon? If so, I hope you are enjoying yourself.

Hope I haven't missed anyone - it is easily done as I usually use my phone so please don't be offended.

I had my docs re my thyroid today and tbh I am just confused :-/ The doctor was confused! My TSH is 0.25 (low) and my Free thyroxine is now 11 (low) Before TSH was 0.03(low) and thyroxine 25 (high). My doctor said she wonders if the IVF has caused the shift and wants me back in 3 months for repeat bloods. As far as she is concerned my cycle can continue but she told me to share the results with the clinic on Wednesday to see what they advise. I think they only worry if the TSH is over 2.5 so I am not sure they will be concerned either. First blood test for my natural FET is Wednesday morning!

Baby dust to all :)

I haven't made a decision as yet. I had my price plan emailed over a few days ago it seems so much money. I've made another appt with the consultant too but its not until April. I have a short luteal phase of around 9 days & I've been thinking for a few months now if progesterone might help I'd rather try that for a couple of months to rule it out first if I can.

Hi everyone.

Just letting you know. That I have had a miscarriage. I went on for a scan at 5+5 and we could see 2 Sacs. So both embryos which we put back had taken. However that night I started bleeding really bad and quite heavily. I went to an early pregnancy assessment centre and they confirmed that I had miscarried 1 of the sacs. Went back for a scan at 6+5 to be told the other baby didn't make it either had stopped growing.

I am quite devastated about it. This is 3 misscariages in a row now. All we want is a sibling for my daughter is proving to be difficult and quite $$

Best of luck to everyone xx

MissCassie sending massive hugs. So sorry to hear this. Take the time you need to grieve your losses. It is such a hard journey. I hope when you are ready the clinic will be able to look into it all and give you some answers. Hugs xx

Pamg yes it can all work out rather costly so if you think you can try other avenues first then that's great!

Nothing to report from me. Back for my third bloods on Monday. Fx they will detect ovulation then!

Hope everyone else is okay xx

@MissCassie that's heartbreaking, I am so so sorry. Sending you a hug.

@goingforit this is strange with your tsh but it can sometimes happen with hashimoto, especially in the beginning when the inflammation fluctuates. I don't know if that's your case, of course. Hope you go on with the cycle and it evens out soon.

@FTale this all sounds really positive! Glad for you.

I am sorry I have been away, I got so sick of myself being obsessive that I just couldn't write here.. I don't know if makes sense, it's not like I got less obsessive by being away..
Anyway, last cycle before IVF, I injected myself the trigger shot today and tomorrow will meet our donor. I have 2 follicles of about 18mm, so I hope we have a better chance this time.
I already started organising everything to start ivf in Denmark ,which is so scary. We will probably do a Skype consultation next week and I hope for good communication because it hasn't been so easy over the phone and by email.

Baby dust to you all and hoping to hear from you soon

Hi, everyone! Can I join the group? My hubby and I are at the verrrry beginning of our IVF journey. I just got authorization from my insurance provider today. We have male factor infertility and will need ICSI with IVF to conceive. My husband has bilateral varicocele and no sperm has been found in his semen with 3 analyses, so we are waiting to hear back from his urologist to schedule his varicocele repair surgery with a simultaneous biopsy, of which 90% will go toward harvesting sperm for IVF (fingers crossed!!!) and the other 10% toward diagnosing his sperm production issue. Anything usable will be frozen. I am waiting for CD1 to schedule my blood tests and HSG, which I am nervous about! Can anyone tell me their experiences with the HSG? Everyone seems to say it is painful. No blockage is anticipated so I don't know if that will make a difference. Either way, I am hoping to begin IVF in the summer once work slows down for me - I'm thinking July would be ideal.

Hi all, I’ve i hope you don’t mind me joining you.
short story: have 4 children from my ex, with a lovely guy now 42 and I’m also 42 and now we are trying to have a baby together (he has none) the past 6 weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster, from the decision to have a child to me coming off BC, to start charting etc, to be told (what we kinda of knew) due to treatment he had his sperm test and his results have came back..... zero sperm, not one little swimmer, before he had his treatment he did freeze sperm.... so today it the first day of plan B, IVF is a massive step for me and scary so I would love to join your thread, think I’ll need some advice soon!!!
Sending Hugs to all!!!!!!
Ps I do have a journal here if anyone wants to give it a read.

Nima - I can totally understand the need for space - the journey is emotional and it is easy to think of nothing but it sometimes. I have done the same before. Best of luck with the Skype call. Is Denmark cheaper for IVF? I know sometimes that putting a plan in place helps us to feel in control but I really hope that this cycle works for you! When is your transfer? I have all crossed for this cycle for you!

LadyVictoria Welcome :)
I am sure it all seems a bit overwhelming to you at the moment. It is good they have found a reason and it sounds like the are making positive steps to address this. Unfortunately my HSG was over 10 years ago so my memories aren't recent and probably not the best of help but I don't recall it being particularly painful.Good luck on your journey and I hope that all goes well for your husband.

Mum42Crazy hello again! (said hi on our journals). Sorry to hear his sperm came back with nothing but great that he has some frozen. Sending big hugs! IVF is a daunting journey but with others sharing your journey I have certainly found it easier myself. Any questions just ask. Do you have any appointments to discuss next steps yet? We will be here to support you.

My bloods this morning came back on track so I am having mt FET on Satuday all being well with defrosting (fingers crossed)!!! I am rather nervous but can't wait to get one back on board!

Baby dust to all xx

@goingforit Wow good luck! Everything crossed for you for Saturday!
Denmark isn't cheap but it's our closets option where we as a lesbian couple can do ivf with a known donor. I think our transfer will be in beginning of May.

@Mum42crazy welcome!

@LadyVictoria glad you got the approval and can get started. I wonder: why do you need to do hsg if you anyway have to do ivf? Just curious, hope you don't mind me asking. Hope the biopsy goes well and they can extract enough sperm cells from it.

@goingforit Wow good luck! Everything crossed for you for Saturday!
Denmark isn't cheap but it's our closets option where we as a lesbian couple can do ivf with a known donor. I think our transfer will be in beginning of May.

@Mum42crazy welcome!

@LadyVictoria glad you got the approval and can get started. I wonder: why do you need to do hsg if you anyway have to do ivf? Just curious, hope you don't mind me asking. Hope the biopsy goes well and they can extract enough sperm cells from it.

Thank you :)

Oh wow! Hope you don't mind me asking but is having a known donor not something that a lot of clinics offer? Sorry there are so many strands to IVF that I am clueless about. I hope Denmark isn't too far from you.

How was meeting your donor the other day? Wishing you all the best!

Thank you :)

Oh wow! Hope you don't mind me asking but is having a known donor not something that a lot of clinics offer? Sorry there are so many strands to IVF that I am clueless about. I hope Denmark isn't too far from you.

How was meeting your donor the other day? Wishing you all the best!
Thank you so much!
Known donor (unlike anonymous or open-identity donor) is not possible in many countries, and since we live in Switzerland we can't do ivf here as a same sex couple, known donor or any kind of donor... but Denmark isn't too far and luckily we can afford it.
Our donor came to visit on the weekend and we talked about the plan for ivf, he is in. We are really lucky to have found him.

Goingforit - Thanks so much! I'll take all of the good luck and well wishes I can get.

Nima - Thanks, I hope so too! My RE stated that even though IVF bypasses the tubes, the HSG is required for all IVF patients to rule out any issues in the tubes or uterus that could hinder implantation. Obviously you don't want implantation to occur in the tubes, but he said that a tubal blockage could still negatively impact IVF outcomes. I'm glad to do it for the peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->