IVF 2020 Chatter

No he said will not be my support structure through the process, he gets very angry if I get anxious or emotional and as you know I’ve been both... so he told me he is withdrawing all emotional support and I can choose to carry on ivf without it, or choose to stop ivf, he doesn’t care.

No he said will not be my support structure through the process, he gets very angry if I get anxious or emotional and as you know I’ve been both... so he told me he is withdrawing all emotional support and I can choose to carry on ivf without it, or choose to stop ivf, he doesn’t care.

Wow! That seems very harsh. I'm so sorry that he feels that way. It's obviously a big undertaking for the both of you, but especially for you since your body is being put through the ringer throughout it all. I hope that you're able to find a way forward that works better for the both of you. I'd be quite upset if my husband treated me that way :(

After 5 nights on stims, I am really feeling the bloat! I had a scan and blood work yesterday which revealed 26 follicles, most measuring between 8-12mm and a couple smaller ones that may or may not catch up. I go back in tomorrow morning. I'm not looking forward to being probed again because I felt crampy for the rest of the day after they measured everything. But I'm hoping that the end is near! If we're lucky, I'll trigger on Saturday and have my retrieval on Monday. I'm nervous about going under anesthesia for the first time, but ready to have the eggs out too!

Just figured I'd pop in for a quick update if anyone is reading. I had my egg retrieval Tuesday morning and we got 28 eggs! On Wednesday, we were thrilled to learn that 21 fertilized. We are excited to learn how many we will have to freeze by Monday.

Due to my response to the stims, my estrogen was too high to do a fresh transfer, so our RE decided it would be best to freeze everything and plan for a frozen transfer. We will start preparing for that when I get my period in a couple weeks. Whoever said IVF is a marathon and not a sprint hit the nail on the head!

Hi everyone! I'd love to join this group! I actually recognize a few names here :hi:
I was in a similar group for my IVF #1 and it was a huge help.

Here's a bit about me:

Your age/partner’s age: 37/38

Baby #: 2

Cycles TTC: countless. (~7 years to be exact)

Current CD/DPO: CD14 of natural thaw cycle. I have 2 :cold: and will be transferring one of them 7 days after my Ovidrel trigger shot.

Usual cycle length: 27~30

Ovulation date or procedure (and what kind): Hoping for CD16. Ovidrel trigger shot.

POAS/Beta day: TBD

Known fertility issues: Unknown ](*,)

Trying anything new this month?: not really... trying not to stress out??

Just figured I'd pop in for a quick update if anyone is reading. I had my egg retrieval Tuesday morning and we got 28 eggs! On Wednesday, we were thrilled to learn that 21 fertilized. We are excited to learn how many we will have to freeze by Monday.

Due to my response to the stims, my estrogen was too high to do a fresh transfer, so our RE decided it would be best to freeze everything and plan for a frozen transfer. We will start preparing for that when I get my period in a couple weeks. Whoever said IVF is a marathon and not a sprint hit the nail on the head!

Wow!! Congratulations! 28 is great! I think I got about 21, 13 fertilized and 3 made it to Day 5 blastocysts. It's a good idea that your Re recommended a freeze all. I had a mild case of OHSS and the fresh transfer was not pleasant. Can't wait for your Monday updates!

Wow!! Congratulations! 28 is great! I think I got about 21, 13 fertilized and 3 made it to Day 5 blastocysts. It's a good idea that your Re recommended a freeze all. I had a mild case of OHSS and the fresh transfer was not pleasant. Can't wait for your Monday updates!

Welcome and thank you! :) I look forward to getting my fertilization report tomorrow. And I believe I am having some OHSS symptoms as I am still super bloated and uncomfortable, so I definitely don't think that a fresh transfer would have been a good idea. I wish you the best with your upcoming transfer!

We have 12 high quality embryos in the freezer! Feeling very excited about that number and blessed.

As for my recovery, I am 6 days post egg retrieval and still incredibly bloated but my constipation is starting to let up so that's helping me to not feel so full. I hope to be back to work by Wednesday.

We have 12 high quality embryos in the freezer! Feeling very excited about that number and blessed.

As for my recovery, I am 6 days post egg retrieval and still incredibly bloated but my constipation is starting to let up so that's helping me to not feel so full. I hope to be back to work by Wednesday.

Congratulations!! 6 is amazing!! I remember how bloated I was post egg retrieval. I literally looked 4 months pregnant. I hope you feel better soon!!

Ladyvictoria: oops! Just realized you said 12 embryos! Wow!!! That's a lot of babies!!

As for me, looks like I will be triggering tonight and transfer on 2/4. Fingers crossed this works... [-o<

Ladyvictoria: oops! Just realized you said 12 embryos! Wow!!! That's a lot of babies!!

As for me, looks like I will be triggering tonight and transfer on 2/4. Fingers crossed this works... [-o<

Thanks so much! I'm finally feeling better but I definitely look quite pregnant still. I guess it's a sneak peek of what is to come. Best of luck with your retrieval!

AF is here like clock work and with a vengeance! I got to schedule all of my appointments leading up to my FET! It's such a difference from the almost daily monitoring and playing it by ear during stims, but as a planner, I love that! I asked my nurse about doing PIO every 3 days supplemented with endometrin and she seemed hopeful that my RE would be okay with that. I'll likely find out at my teach appointment in a couple weeks. I'm a little nervous about the timing of it all... I will be very busy at work over the next 4 months. But this is so much more important to me!

Hi Lady!

What kind of protocol are you doing? I did a natural cycle FET this time and it was a lot of hospital visits and am thinking that if this doesn't work out, I'll opt for a medicated cycle.
So excited for you!

as for me, the transfer is done and I am now PUPO!!! The embryo survived the thaw and assisted hatching and is nestled in my uterine lining right now!! I hope it gets comfortable in there and stays there for 9 months. [-o<

Hi Lady!

What kind of protocol are you doing? I did a natural cycle FET this time and it was a lot of hospital visits and am thinking that if this doesn't work out, I'll opt for a medicated cycle.
So excited for you!

as for me, the transfer is done and I am now PUPO!!! The embryo survived the thaw and assisted hatching and is nestled in my uterine lining right now!! I hope it gets comfortable in there and stays there for 9 months. [-o<

That's so exciting! Here's hoping that your transfer is a success :) My cycle will be medicated. I'll be on birth control for 3 weeks starting Sunday and then Lupron injections start during the last week of pills. I know I'll be taking Estrace and then PIO shots in the days leading up to the transfer but I'll get my calendar in a couple weeks and have a better idea of when all that will kick in.

Bright red blood on my TP this morning. It looks like my first FET did not work out :( I'll call the clinic once AF is full blown and see what's next for me. I have 1 more :cold: so I think I'll try a medicated cycle this time.

Bright red blood on my TP this morning. It looks like my first FET did not work out :( I'll call the clinic once AF is full blown and see what's next for me. I have 1 more :cold: so I think I'll try a medicated cycle this time.

Oh no! Are you sure that it's AF? So sorry :hugs:

Oh no! Are you sure that it's AF? So sorry :hugs:

I'm actually not sure anymore.. I haven't seen a drop of blood since this morning. Even a tampon came out totally blood-free. I'm so confused... It's too late and too bright to be implantation bleeding though. I guess I'll just wait and see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->