IVF 2020 Chatter

I hope the small follicles catch up before egg retrieval and that your DH gets on board with it without freaking out!!! His support is everything right now. On the day on your egg retrieval, he better treat you like a queen!!! Do you know if you are doing a freeze all cycle or a fresh transfer?

So I’m on day 6 already how did that happen??? I had my scan on Friday and I have 6 follicles growing well, and few other smaller ones, blood was great.
Yesterday I started cetrotide, that injection wasn’t nice at all left a bruise.
I thought this would be a long week but it’s just flown by.
So back tomorrow for another scan and bloodwork. Hoping to have a few more follicles growing.
Feeling ok to be honest no big mood swings but I say that and my other half is a bit bewildered by it all, he’s very much a mans man, but I kinda think that a little more consideration would go a long way (so maybe I am a bit sensitive at the moment). I think he is a bit scared it doesn’t work and what our next step if any next step would be, I just hope if it’s not successful he’ll be a little supportive. But I guess my story is very different from others I have had children and he knew he couldn’t without IVF so we never had that 2WW craziness or the disappointment of month after month AF coming, so he’s never had to deal with a negative result or me being disappointed. Anyway I’m just rambling on. Not really sure when egg retrieval will be, today is day 6 so another 6 days give or take?

Thinking of you! I stimmed for 9 days total. I'm sure they'll start to monitor you more closely when the follicles get to the target sizes and then you'll have a better idea of your retrieval day.

I think this process can be difficult for men, especially when you're doing it due to male factor infertility. My husband was (and still is) incredibly supportive but hard to read at times. He still felt guilty for "putting me through" all of the tests and injections and the retrieval when my body works just fine. But I never looked at all of this as his fault. It's not like he made bad decisions in life that led to this, he was just born this way. I'm willing to go through all of this to have a family with him. Sometimes I have to remind him of that, but I know that understands that my love for him and dedication to our marriage has made me confident about going this route.

I hope the small follicles catch up before egg retrieval and that your DH gets on board with it without freaking out!!! His support is everything right now. On the day on your egg retrieval, he better treat you like a queen!!! Do you know if you are doing a freeze all cycle or a fresh transfer?

i will do a fresh transfer, DH did surprisingly come to my appointment yesterday even though he only had 3 hours sleep ( he owns a bar that closes late) so I think he is understandably on waters that he has never sailed but it show he was trying.

Thinking of you! I stimmed for 9 days total. I'm sure they'll start to monitor you more closely when the follicles get to the target sizes and then you'll have a better idea of your retrieval day.

I think this process can be difficult for men, especially when you're doing it due to male factor infertility. My husband was (and still is) incredibly supportive but hard to read at times. He still felt guilty for "putting me through" all of the tests and injections and the retrieval when my body works just fine. But I never looked at all of this as his fault. It's not like he made bad decisions in life that led to this, he was just born this way. I'm willing to go through all of this to have a family with him. Sometimes I have to remind him of that, but I know that understands that my love for him and dedication to our marriage has made me confident about going this route.
I think the DH is starting to get it, he did come for the check up yesterday which I wasn’t expecting him too so maybe he is starting to get it

So an update of yesterday check up, still 5 follicles, one is still smaller, he said they are a little bit slow growing but has said that we are ok to continue.
We were hoping on Friday to do egg retrieval but it looks more likely on Monday.
I will have another check up tomorrow and he will tell me for sure then, I am disappointed that it won’t be on Friday but I’d rather get the follicles at the correct size as we don’t have to many to play with.
Yesterday I felt so Ill, had to use the bathroom a lot, not sure it that’s the drugs but feel better this morning.
DH did c:brat:ome with me for the check up, he got up after a long day on Sunday and not to much sleep to come, so that was a really nice thing.
Kinda sick of opening my legs every few days I am sure you have all felt like that, it takes more time to get the skinny jeans off than the scan.
So I will keep you up informed of tomorrow’s out coming!!! :dust:

great news!! I totally understand the "opening your legs every few days" feeling. I did a natural IVF cycle this time and had to go in 5 times in total to get the follicle size checked.

Good luck at your next appt! My follicles only grew 1mm per day (instead of the more common 2mm/day) for the first several check-ups but towards end they grew 3mm per day so your follicles could surprise you!

OH MY GOD!!!! You will never believe what I am going to write!!!

when we started this getting pregnant thing, my DH went for a sperm test because he knew he didn’t have sperm because of the treatment that he was on!!! Nothing was found... so no sex in the BD days no point right? On to this IVF road we went, so guess what in December I had a slight bleed 5 days after ovulating, nothing to write home about, just once bright red after I went for a pee, I was then 3 days late for my period which was a nasty heavy one, in the back of my head I was maybe I’m pregnant but obviously because of him I just pushed it out of my head.

today he got his results back from the hospital because he had to do another test because they keep frozen sperm here for free if you have had a medical procedure he has to do it every year.
He is fertile again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am near 100% sure I was pregnant in December!!!! Oh my god all this and he is fertile now!!!!

when we started this getting pregnant thing, my DH went for a sperm test because he knew he didn’t have sperm because of the treatment that he was on!!! Nothing was found... so no sex in the BD days no point right? On to this IVF road we went, so guess what in December I had a slight bleed 5 days after ovulating, nothing to write home about, just once bright red after I went for a pee, I was then 3 days late for my period which was a nasty heavy one, in the back of my head I was maybe I’m pregnant but obviously because of him I just pushed it out of my head.

today he got his results back from the hospital because he had to do another test because they keep frozen sperm here for free if you have had a medical procedure he has to do it every year.
I am near 100% sure I was pregnant in December!!!! Oh my god all this and he is fertile now!!!!

Wow! What a surprise!

That's great news! Congrats!
Will this change anything for your IVF cycle this month??

That's great news! Congrats!
Will this change anything for your IVF cycle this month??
No, because the best chance at my age is still this.
But we have been told not to have sex before the eggs are removed lol

So day 8 of the cycle day 7 of the drugs.
3 follicles are 13mm on the right side and 1 at 16mm and another is 15mm on the left side.
So I will be having them taken out on Monday.
Hoping these 3 get bigger.
Doctor seems happy because of my age.
I will have another check up on Friday morning.

Anybody tested out their HCG levels? what I mean by that is testing from day of transfer till no HCG level is there and then you know if you have a positive if the levels start going up?

Anybody tested out their HCG levels? what I mean by that is testing from day of transfer till no HCG level is there and then you know if you have a positive if the levels start going up?

I think it depends a lot on the HCG dose you get. The half life of HCG is approximately 28 hours. Which means the dose of HCG will decrease in half every 28 hours. so if you get 1500 mIU of HCG, it will take about 5 days to be undetectable on a 50 mIU pregnancy test. Hope that helps!!

I've never tried but if you have a lot of tests to spare, I think it would be a fun experiment! There's a girl on another thread who tested out at 3 days past 5 day blastocyst transfer. Her test got darker on the 4th day and knew she was pregnant.

Hope that helps!

I had my baseline appointment this morning and our RE gave me the green light to start Estradiol this morning as he anticipates my bloodwork will be fine based on what he saw. My ovaries are mostly back down to their normal size, no cysts, and there are follicles but the lupron is doing its job and suppressing everything. I’m so excited to be on track!

@Mum42crazy I did not test out my trigger shot. But there wasn't really a reason to since my fresh transfer got cancelled. I want the first BFP I ever see to be a "real" one :)

I had my baseline appointment this morning and our RE gave me the green light to start Estradiol this morning as he anticipates my bloodwork will be fine based on what he saw. My ovaries are mostly back down to their normal size, no cysts, and there are follicles but the lupron is doing its job and suppressing everything. I’m so excited to be on track!

How exciting! less than 20 days until your transfer!!

I think it depends a lot on the HCG dose you get. The half life of HCG is approximately 28 hours. Which means the dose of HCG will decrease in half every 28 hours. so if you get 1500 mIU of HCG, it will take about 5 days to be undetectable on a 50 mIU pregnancy test. Hope that helps!!

I've never tried but if you have a lot of tests to spare, I think it would be a fun experiment! There's a girl on another thread who tested out at 3 days past 5 day blastocyst transfer. Her test got darker on the 4th day and knew she was pregnant.

Hope that helps!
I think I am going to test out too. Just because I don’t want a BFN or a BFP to be in question, IF I get any to transfer.

@Mum42crazy I did not test out my trigger shot. But there wasn't really a reason to since my fresh transfer got cancelled. I want the first BFP I ever see to be a "real" one :)
Yeah I understand that. But I think I will test it out and then wait. Glad everything is on track.

So my follicles are get there, yesterday was my last appointment before collection, the 2 bigger ones were 20 and 18 and the 3 on the other side were 17 so fingers crossed they all have eggs in them and good eggs.
I have to take my trigger shot at 6am tomorrow morning so freaking out that I don’t wake up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->