IVF 2020 Chatter

Luna: Totally understand how you feel. I hope when ovulation is picked up you are feeling a bit more healed and ready to keep on the journey. HUGS

Lady Victoria: You can steal all the line color you want. HUGS...Beautiful progression and can't wait for your beta to come back.

(You know my face hurts smiling for you all.)

Katz: Woooohooooowwwzers. 790!!! Yeah, your eggo preggo fo suuuuuree! :happydance: See those lines didn't have nothing on just how much hcg baby is churning out. I am super duper happy for you

As for me, my cd 2,3..I did test on cd 2 bloods cames back. From what I read online they are 'ok' but the tests I take tomorrow after having been on Clomid with no Vitex in my system will let me know what my FSH/LH/E2 are really doing. I am scared but tired of it at the same time. Just want to move on to the part where I am staring at 2 lines...lol OH and the shot site pain....is real. I found that for my shots, it has to be in fat or it will hurt. Sending shock waves out and the burn is so intense. My hubby feels bad but I can't reach the areas to do it myself (nor do I want to do it myself..heheh) I will keep you all posted on what I find out. Meanwhile, please be good to your bubba bellys.

FSH**4.86miu

LH**3.78miu

E2** 54.10pg

D Total**33.3

DHEA S**232.8ug

TSH**1.17uiu

Free T-3**2.40pg

Free T-4**1.17ng

Prolactin**15.59ng

Getting there Ftale! ☺️ Hopefully these labs are good! I get the shots part, but will be so worth it :) keep us posted!

My first beta at 14dp5dt is 4,514! I am officially pregnant! I go back on Thursday for the second.

:wohoo: OMG OMG YAY!!!!!!!!:wohoo:

Congrats on your beta!!! Love how you and Katz have had different symptoms and different betas. Just goes to show us all how all of our bodies react so dif to pregnancy.

:hug:

whooaah!!! Yours is soo high!! :) and i was worried mine was too high lol! congratulations!!

I was blown away when the nurse told me! Definitely much higher than I expected!

Yikes that's nice and high. Multiples?!
Better not be! We only put one in there! LOL I hope it's just one eager, healthy baby!

:wohoo: OMG OMG YAY!!!!!!!!:wohoo:

Congrats on your beta!!! Love how you and Katz have had different symptoms and different betas. Just goes to show us all how all of our bodies react so dif to pregnancy.

:hug:

Thank you, love! Yes, everyone is so different. I really haven't had much going on at all in terms of symptoms and that number is far higher than I ever would have anticipated (I was thinking maybe around 1000). Now I'm dying to know what my results will be tomorrow and when we can go in for the first ultrasound!

I'm glad to see your preliminary testing is done and I hope that things start to move along nicely for you!

Hi ladies, got my second beta today, the doctor was so happy, but im not. :( it’s 1,321, from 790. It didnt really double but she said it doesnt have to exaclty double because my first was already so high. I want to believe her, but im still deflated. Idk what to think :(

Hi ladies, got my second beta today, the doctor was so happy, but im not. :( it’s 1,321, from 790. It didnt really double but she said it doesnt have to exaclty double because my first was already so high. I want to believe her, but im still deflated. Idk what to think :(

That's a great second beta! I think that if your doctor is happy then I wouldn't worry about it. I have also heard that it doesn't necessarily have to double to still be a good sign that everything is developing normally, especially as your numbers get higher. According to the American Pregnancy Association:

"Typically, the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8-11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy." hCG Levels | The American Pregnancy Association

I hope this makes you feel better! I'm not quite sure what to expect going into my second one tomorrow but I'm just trying to remain optimistic that all is well and that baby's growing just fine in there.

@LadyVictoria thank you...that makes me feel better. Ill try to be optimistic as I can as well. Will be a long week waiting for mu 3rd beta.

hoping yours will be very good!
Thank you again!

Of course! I just got sucked down the rabbit hole of reading about molar pregnancies (don't do it) but I closed that browser and told myself that I need to stop worrying and just be positive. I wish we could just skip ahead to our ultrasounds and see our perfect little babies in there! There's really too much waiting involved in this process lol

Of course! I just got sucked down the rabbit hole of reading about molar pregnancies (don't do it) but I closed that browser and told myself that I need to stop worrying and just be positive. I wish we could just skip ahead to our ultrasounds and see our perfect little babies in there! There's really too much waiting involved in this process lol

That’s what i was concerned about too, so i asked my RE, and I asked my OB too. I didnt want to mention it yesterday here because i didnt want to cause anymore stress hehe. But they said no concern about that. I guess they dont want us to worry. But yes a lot of waiting! Yesterday, i was just getting tired and want the ultrasound already to know my fate. I am really trying hard to be positive, and you all have been soo helpful! So glad to have this ☺️

Katz your betas are looking good in my book. I can understand the worry but your beta has jumped awesomely. The doc was not worried because I am sure she has seen betas of every level at this early point. Do you best to stay positive for baby bean. HUGS

As for Molar Pregnancies, that was my second pregnancy after losing my first born.

I got a bfp late night 10dpo. Like 10pm faint faint bfp. I ovulated on cd9 that cycle and just new I was pregnant. I didn' t know why fmu on 10dpo didn't show positive. Nothing gave me any sign that at 13wks I'd be getting a d&c.

Until 5, then 6 weeks and nothing on the monitor except for a sac and a very small grain of rice looking shadow that did not glow because there was not heart beat. My numbers were not crazy high. Just getting high enough to where you do see a heartbeat. The doctors let me continue coming in for scans to see if I just had a slow grower. We were all so hopeful. At 13wks my beta was crazy high like 10,000 some thing as they wheeled me in for surgery. By then I had already come to terms with it not being a viable pregnancy.

Please to not fret over it being a molar pregnancy. It will drive you up the wall and back down again. I know when I got pregnant with my dd I didn't even let the thought creep into my mind. I was so happy to be pregnant again and see betas rising but to see her on the scan really set my heart strings in motion. You will be both get there. Prayer and good spirits all around :dance::hugs:

On another note, y'all Red flags are flying at the clinic I am going to. Here are my lists woes.

1. Gave me a prescription for Sermorelin and said they like to see a patient on it for two months before they will do IVF. BUT never told me when to start taking it. So I just started taking it two days later when I got it in the mail. They do not monitor your level of it in your system at any point from what the lab tech told me. Seriously? I imagine at some point I have enough in my system already to not need to keep taking it for 2 months even. Everyone is different. I read online it is a boost and your own pituitary gland can take over producing more actively after being on int. I have my second month's supply in but I am like hmmmmmmm....should I take it?

2. My husband had to do another semen analysis and they had him go to 'the room'. He was baffled and disgusted. There was a bathroom in the room if you went through a door which was ok. But in the room itself was just a futon. A F-u-t-o-n. A nasty futon for men to lay on and do there business. I was like wasn't there a medical sheet cover that could be changed and tossed. He said 'nope, looks like its a cover that can be taken off and washed' :dohh:
Then instead of putting his sample in the window in the bathroom they make him toss it in a baggy carry it back out into the lobby to the front desk person and get this THEN THEY MAKE HIM TAKE HIS VITALS. :nope:

So he had to sit back in the waiting room for a few minutes to get called back so they can read his now high blood pressure after all that action and then have the nerve to tell him ", Oh your pressure is (blah, blah)" in a fashion to indicate that it was high. Yeah buddy it was high!!!! Seriously?

I do not know that I can let these people handle my eggs without me watching them closely. And its not like they are the cheapest. We drive out of town to see them because they do not have any weight restrictions. I haven't been told once to drop a pound even though I know I need to drop more.

Plus....after my appt, I got my husband to drive us over to a car dealer to check out their deals....now I have a new vehicle:blush:. I wanted a bigger one for when we have a baby. Need more room. Yet, totally dove into my IVF funds to do it. So after all that babbling, I don't think I will be doing IVF this summer unless my husband says he wants to stick with mcnasty ivf clinic. I know no place is perfect but I get extra ocd when it comes to my fertility.

I do have a standing appt with another doctor that I scheduled many moons ago that is in August or October? I will have to call them and check but I don't even like talking to the front desk lady. She never sounds happy to speak to me. Maybe her job is stressful? :shrug: Never been there.

Ok, I am done. Should have warned you all to eat popcorn while reading this long blip.

Will be stalking you and will let you all know my genetic tests results when I get them in hopefully this weekend or Monday.

Hugs

Awww @FTale im sorry you are going through this!! And to be driving far to a place that feels sketchy....i dont know about the sermorelin as i am not familiar with it, but the rest, idk about others but it’s weird to have patient take his own vitals yikes! but ivf is huge! Financially, and emotionally. I would really find a place i feel comfortable with. We also have to drive 1 hour away for ours, for visits and tests becaus ei dont trust our town lol. But man! Hopefully you have better luck with the new docs!

@FTale oh and sorry about the molar pregnancy, i cannot imagine going through it! Thank you for sharing your story. Hugs!

Katz: Thank you. Driving that far is a peach ain't it? LOL...I wish I could find some place local with a better deal but the only place I am familiar with we hate the actual center where it takes place. They botched our IUIs in our opinions. But that was the IUI side of the house they tended to cater more to IVF patients. Which is wrong because everyone should be treated the same. Shots, and money flying out of the pockets all around...you know what I mean..lol

Regardless, some way or the other we will make a baby. Just gotta keep praying and believing its just around the corner.

How are you doing? :D

Bev: Thank you!! Crazy I'm still here poking away at TTC. I can almost recall when you had your first or was at least featured in the news and so on. Where does time go?????

I am in good spirits otherwise. The clinic called me back to review all my blood tests in about 2 weeks. I already know my FSH came back 3.23 and LH 9.61 after the Clomid challenge. I am getting ready to ovulate here soon and really hope we get pregnant. So I guess my fsh is ok. The genetic results will not be back in for almost 2 weeks I found. Will let you all know what it says then. HUGS

My beta rose by 49% in 48 hours so they brought us in for an ultrasound this morning. We saw the gestational sac and the yolk sac, which is great, but they still have us worried that something could be wrong since my beta didn't double. I've seeing on BabyMed that sometimes higher betas don't double or take longer to double but they didn't do a third one this morning because they said that the ultrasounds will tell us what we need to know, so we go back in next Friday. I just don't know what to think. It's reassuring that it's in a great spot and as developed as it should be at this stage, but the doctor (not my regular RE) just has us scared half to death that something is abnormal!

image1.jpeg

Hope everything is okay LadyV. I do believe I heard that once betas are 6000 or more they don't double every 48 hrs.

@Bevziibubble Thank you, so are we. This is going to be the longest wait ever!

Hope everything is okay LadyV. I do believe I heard that once betas are 6000 or more they don't double every 48 hrs.

That's what I've been reading too, but my IVF Center doesn't seem to care about how high my initial beta was. It's so confusing.

@FTale money and shots flying, yes i understand completely! And these centers need to do their jobs right and treat everyone as nice as possible! Im glad your labs look good! Prayers work always! Cant wait to hear you have a bfp! Soon!

as for me, im doing well. Trying hard to stay positive! Praying for the/these babies to be growing as they should and holding on to my uterus hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->