IVF 2020 Chatter

Thank you, ladies! I hope everyone was able to enjoy the holiday. We’re having such a lazy, snowy day today and I’m loving it!

We got about a foot of snow! The trees look so beautiful with their frosted branches.

@mimi4 I can appreciate the snow at times like the holidays, but the winter usually drags on way too long here, which can get a little depressing. My birthday is in April and the weather can vary from winter temperatures and snow to 60-70 degrees with sunshine and everything in between. In fact, last year it was a lovely 65 degree day on my birthday and then the next day we had light snow! So unpredictable.

I hope that everyone's doing well this week! It's exactly 2 months until our due date and it's starting to feel more real by the day. Our first baby shower is this weekend and the gifts have been steadily coming in since Christmas time, which makes it feel a little like Christmas still every time we get a new delivery! I also ordered our stroller today, which I'm very excited about. My energy isn't what it used to be but I have it when the urge strikes me to nest.

Baby boy is still quite active in there and my husband loves to feel him moving around. We both have little games that we play with him, and it melts my heart to see my husband so enamored and connecting with the baby already. He got to feel him hiccup for the first time a couple nights ago. We are so very excited to meet our little love in just a couple of months!

@kittiecat @Flueky88 Yes, I can't believe that I'm just about 36 weeks now. We've had our virtual showers thrown by mine and my husband's family and have one more tomorrow that my co-workers are throwing for me. We are blown away by the generosity of our family and friends. Aside from a few last minute, smaller items, we really have everything we need to welcome our little love!

We have our growth ultrasound on Friday and are very excited to see our little love again and to get an estimate of his size, although I know they can be off a bit. I'm also very curious to see how he's positioned in there, because I swear I feel him all over! I at least know he's still head down because I feel his hiccups down low, but I feel those feet at the top of my bump sometimes, then in my sides, so it's hard to really get a sense for how he's contorted himself in there.

Thanks, ladies! It went well. He’s estimated to weigh 5lbs 9oz, which is a little smaller than average, but our OB says he’s absolutely perfect! Those kicks and jabs take my breath away and let me know that he’s a strong little guy. Getting my cervix checked and swabbed for GBS wasn’t the most fun thing in the world, but I survived! My cervix is soft but closed and his head is nice and low. I’m still a little sore down there, but anything for baby boy with those big cheeks and pouty lips!

1967D5E7-3423-4FAA-9E65-F5557D348153.jpeg

Wishing everyone a lovely Valentine’s Day weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->