• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Hi all 😊😊 reading about all the transfers coming up is getting me excited, bring on the bfps!
Appointment went well, all the forms are signed sealed delivered! We both had a blood test to check for HIV, hepatitis b and c. We've got our drugs appointment on 16th July.
So, I found out my amh level was 31!! Nurse was under the impression I had pcos but I get a period every month? Anyway Because of this level we are doing the short protocol and going straight into stimming on a low dosage. We are looking at August because of how my cycles have fell. Only down side is that I'm more prone to ovarian hyperstimulation.

We may be cycling together. My af is due beginning of August so thats when we'll start 😉
Have you not had a baseline scan yet? If you haven't, theyll just do it when you call on day one & do it on day 2 along with bloods. Seems very real now doesn't it :happydance:

Renaendel, glad to help :thumbup:

Es89: sounds like everything went well for you today
Your post has got me a little less nervous for my initial consultant appointment. Lots of luck for a successful cycle & a :bfp:

Reading this thread has made it all sink in & got me so excited to start my ivf journey😊

Goodluck everyone x

Wow 31? I feel like a slacker because mine is like 5. Glad the appointment went well though.

Thanks everyone! Hope we do cycle together rachy 😊The first nurse we saw said you have pcos, levels are usually higher in women who have it apparently but I've never been diagnosed with it and I get a period every month. Then the next nurse said it was a really fertile level so I'm bit confused by it? x

Depending on your age...my dr says anything above 15 is likely pcos. Mine is 5 which is fairly average for a 26 year old I guess. Below 2 is indicative of diminished reserve.

Copied from my journal.
the ivf appointment went great! She is such a great doctor and addressed all my concerns. We have lots of paperwork to read and sign. Eee I can't believe the time is here!

Ivf Details in the spoiler
I will be stimming at the end of August with retrieval and transfer the first part of September. Two will be transferred fresh if we can get good looking ones. Her goal is around 12 eggs to fertilize. No icsi or PGD unless something shows at the genetic screen.

Had a saline sonohystogram (ouch). The birthcontrol is working great. This next period should be my last before the big one for stims. Today was the day before my period is due to start and my ovaries are dormant and my lining was only 2.5mm! My polyps have not grown back at all. :yipee:

You know we took this time for me to get healthy. Well it worked! At 34 years of age my antral follicle count was 16 and now it is 18 at 36. AMH is only 2.6 so these are real healthy follicles.

She approved all my suppliments including the Açaí berry, since I can't do a lot of fruit.

We both drew blood for a genetic test through Counsyl. It will check for 100-200 different diseases and help us decide if we need PGD testing on the eggs. It covers the heavy hitters like cystic fibrosis, to thrombophilias (important as my moms placenta died on me and I was iugr), to family origin tests like for thalassemia.

No intralipids for my autoimmune, but I will be placed on a steroroid for a short time. I will also be doing progesterone in oil shots after.

She ran a hba1c test since I have been having sugar issues. We found out that the genes I have that give me celiac are the same genes that cause type 1 diabetes. Crazy, I had no idea. Apparently a whopping 10% of diabetics also have celiac disease. It all just depends on the epigenetic and environmental factors that turn the autoimmune on.

Wow that is wonderful...you got so much information and you are well on your way to your bfp!

Thats alot of info Renaendel, i would have forgotten most of it the minute we step out of the clinic!
Im doing pgd for a known genetic mutation in my MYBPC3 gene in chromosome 11 which causes hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy (sudden death syndrome). I suffer with it myself and ive had 2 cardiac arrests. Ive an implanted cardioverter defibrillator in situ :thumbup:
Both of my children also have the disease so we're doing this for a child free of hcm. Hopefully, your tests come back good and you wont need it. Its very expensive. It costs around £11,000 per cycle in the uk.
How is everyone else doing? Xx

I've always found when I'm at an appointment there's always so much to take in that at the time I can never think of any questions to ask n the moment I come out they flood me 😂
Day 1 for me today, roll on next cycle 😊😊 next af due around the end of July now then all systems go!
How's everyone getting on?

Hello all! Looks like I'm a little late to join. I'm doing a FET, currently scheduled for August 10th.

Some background, I did a fresh IVF cycle almost three years ago now. My baby boy turned 2 last month. I had joined a B&B group back then and loved having a group of moms to talk to while we waited the 9 months out. I hope you don't mind me joining in.

To continue, I had 6 embryos frozen from my fresh cycle. At the same time of my fresh cycle I also got an opportunity to adopt an infant. He's 7m 3w older than my IVF baby!

I'm a 37 yo single mother by choice and I'm loving every minute with my boys. Since I basically had twins, I waited a little longer before doing another cycle.

My protocol started today with bcp for three weeks, then my baseline apt on the 22nd where I'll find out if I'm doing PIO or inserts. Then I hope to transfer two blasts on Aug 10th.

Good luck everyone!

Hi all 😊😊 reading about all the transfers coming up is getting me excited, bring on the bfps!
Appointment went well, all the forms are signed sealed delivered! We both had a blood test to check for HIV, hepatitis b and c. We've got our drugs appointment on 16th July.
So, I found out my amh level was 31!! Nurse was under the impression I had pcos but I get a period every month? Anyway Because of this level we are doing the short protocol and going straight into stimming on a low dosage. We are looking at August because of how my cycles have fell. Only down side is that I'm more prone to ovarian hyperstimulation.

My sister ended up with OHSS when she tried IVF. They had to cancel her fresh cycle and she ended up in the hospital. I ended up over responding to stim meds (see my sig from my fresh cycle). There was high concern I would end up with OHSS, but between monitoring me closely ( I think I had blood work done every day for 12 days in a row and my meds adjusted daily) and then a few days before retrieval they told me to stay hydrated and eat lots of protein. And then on the day of retrieval my sister was so concerned she bought me coconut water and fixed me up a big bowl of tasty soy protein. I ended up needing to do PIO for that cycle after retrieval because I had so many eggs, but I was eventually weened off the PIO and went to inserts. I did not end up with OHSS, but I attribute that to the awesomeness of my doctors. My family was really worried because I had the same number of eggs my sister did.

Good luck. If there is a risk of OHSS, ask about electrolytes and protein. That's what I think helped me.

Christie2011: Welcome��I too only just started posting here everyone is lovely and very helpful.

I'm hoping to do ivf to become a smbc
I have my first consultant appointment in August. Goodluck with your transfer I hope it goes well for you.

Thanks for that info Christie2011. This is a big concern for me as I am 2 and half hours away from the clinic so not just like popping in n going to work. work is now being awkward about me taking time off. Originally I wanted to take from injecting up to a few days after transfer off (if I get that far) Where did you have your ivf??

Hi Christie! I think that is awesome about your twins! :)
I always have to have the questions written down or I forget in the moment. I talked to my boss and am working evenings only during the first week/week and a half. The retrieval and transfer time I am getting a week off. Which is nice since I just started a month ago.

Hi Christie!

Last of my blood tests came in and all is great. Just the genetic testing is left. Can it be August yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->