IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Thanks, ladies! I'm officially PUPO! We transferred one blast and it was hatching, which was really cool to see. I'm home now resting and trying to send all the positive thoughts and energy to my little embryo.

Wish2B - haha love that little flexing smiley!

Ren - that reminds me of how I feel when my estrogen is rising. I get flu like symptoms with chills, fatigue, and aches and pains. So it could be that or you might be coming down with a little virus. Hope you feel better.

s08 - You did a trigger, right? it could be that your trigger is leaving and the hcg is rising so it's sort of plateauing. Fx they get darker.

Crystal - congrats! I had an u/s at 6 weeks with my daughter. They are just making sure the pregnancy is in the right place at that point and there is a gestational sac.

Tina - congrats on triggering!

Hi all,

Just been catching up big hugs to all that need them and good luck for all up coming apps xxxx

Afm been poorly since Thursday wit a sickness bug so stuck at home recovering, af arrived today so start down reg injections on the 28 th so ready to get started and meds arriving Friday x got my pre stim scan 15th oct. Couple a question think the hosp already think I'm a loon asking stupid stuff so sorry in advance 1st time for all this so v over whelmed.

When you start the down reg injections do your still get af as expected?
If there happy on the pre stim scan do you just start straight on to the stim injections?
And then we got told to not get jiggy with it this month before starting down reg once you start injecting is it safe to do as should be way past ovulation anyone ?

Cheers girls sorry for been a bit silly haha

:thumbup:

Hi dizzy, im on the long protocol too, im on day 4 of stims after down regging for 35 days with Buserelin.
My af was 3 days late and when she came, she came with a vengeance. If your sufficiently 'switched off' at your baseline scan, you will start stims either that night or the next.
We continued dtd but we're using condoms as suggested by our nurse. Hope that helps you x

Good luck EM 😉

I have a question about your stim cycles ladies. I am on day 4. The last two days I have been getting chills that only resolve when I sleep. Luckily soul crushing fatigue comes with the chills.

This normally only happens when my autoimmune is going off, but it isn't, I would know because of other stuff.

Is this the menopur or follistim?

I felt horrible once I added the ganirelix, but I also added repronex (which is the same as menopur I think FSH/LH mix) around the same time so it could have been that. I would feel almost flu like in the evening a couple hours after injecting it. I always felt really good on just the FSH injections.

Ren- I didn't have the chills but I did have the fatigue once I started the ganirelix. It could also just be that your Eggies are taking all your energy to grow.

Hi lovely ladies!! I must admit I've been reading this thread and another previous thread with you ladies and I'm hooked!! I love the support and encouragement that you lend to each other. It's so awesome to have women that you can relate to, that are enduring similar issues, that honestly care and are empathetic to your experience. Especially, when your friends and family can't begin to understand what your going through.

As for me, I'm 42 with DOR (Rt ovary 3-4 follicles), Lt ovary not visible. AMH 0.03
I've been ttc for 3 yrs unsuccessfully. My partner is 34 and has Normal swimmers. So, the problem is with me and my few "crappy old eggs".

I'm going to do my first DE IVF cycle this Fall. I'm choosing a donor now and completing the final lab work. I'm meeting with the DE Nurse Coordinator next week. And hopefully things will get going soon.

Anyone here have experience with DE IVF?

Crystal- that's a good number 😃

S08- have you gone to get your beta? All the best

Afm- I h

Crystal- that's a good number 😃

S08- have you gone to get your beta? All the best

Afm- The nerves are getting to me, still no AF (yay) but I'm on progesterone pessaries so that could be the delay (I'm too scared to be optimistic) so DH said today I should POAS. Keep the fingers crossed for us. Tomorrow is my beta.

All the best for all the transfers and stimulations.

Hello everyone I've been lurking around here for a while reading all your tips, struggles and success stories. I am currently on my 5th day of stimming and wanted to know how you felt on your day of stimming. I've only had few days of twinges and felt a bit nauseated for 2 days. What symptoms did you experience around your 5th stim day?

Hi boppin4baby and prqyingforno1. No experience with donor embies, I'm on cd 6, day 5 of stims and to be honest I feel better now than I normally do with af. Af for me is terrible. I've had minor twinges, a headache and a bit of bloat that's it's.

Em- Congrats on Pupo!! Do you think you'll test early or wait for the beta? And when is your beta?

N8ie - So were you going to POAS today? Best of luck tomorrow for the beta! :dust:

Hi Boopin - I didn't go the donor route, but my sister did. So I might have some insight if there's any specific questions you had.

Praying - Welcome :wave: Good luck with the stims. I don't think I had many symptoms until a few days before the transfer (apart from some erratic mood swings). But I was a low responder so you probably shouldn't go by me lol

AFM - I'm having a nervous day... Didn't feel too many cramps yesterday. And today the cramps are back but I'm not sure they're the same type of cramps I was having over the weekend or if they're more AFy.... Plus I had a tiny (and I mean miniscule) amount of brown spotting on TP this morning. I know it's probably all craziness, but I'm just feeling a bit anxious today. That scan can't come quickly enough.

em - woohoo!! I can't remember - are you a poas'er or will you wait until beta?

n8 - I'm so excited for your beta tomorrow! Good luck! All positive vibes going out to you!

welcome boopin and praying! I am 39 and have DOR as well but no experience with DE. I'm starting my 2nd fresh IVF cycle with ICSI and assisted hatching. I start stimming sometime late next week.

praying - I can't remember feeling anything other than fatigue from my last cycle. I usually stim right before I go to bed too, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But around 6:30pm I'd feel pretty sluggish and could fall asleep on the couch before going to bed.

Hi CowGirl-Yea I was getting a bit worried as I dont have many symptoms. Monday and Tueday I had a bit of nausea, I've had on and off headaches and a few twinges on either side and I am a tad bit bloated. I go in for scan on Friday so I guess I will not be at total ease until then :). GL to you and when do you go in for your next scan?

KrissyB- I'm sure you are okay. I think going through this process sometimes we get so anxious we tend to over think little things we probably wouldnt even notice other wise. Scan on your bday that is an awesome gift!!!

Krissy- don't worry yourself too much. I'm sure all is Well.

I'm currently holding my urine so I can pee properly when I get home

em - woohoo!! I can't remember - are you a poas'er or will you wait until beta?

n8 - I'm so excited for your beta tomorrow! Good luck! All positive vibes going out to you!

welcome boopin and praying! I am 39 and have DOR as well but no experience with DE. I'm starting my 2nd fresh IVF cycle with ICSI and assisted hatching. I start stimming sometime late next week.

praying - I can't remember feeling anything other than fatigue from my last cycle. I usually stim right before I go to bed too, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But around 6:30pm I'd feel pretty sluggish and could fall asleep on the couch before going to bed.

Yes I feel so tired now. I stopped home yesterday after work to pick something up then go right back out. I sat down on the sofa to have a glass of water and woke up 1.5hours later :) I also stim at night . ATM i am on Buserelin in AM, Menopur and Clexane in PM.

Praying - I just noticed in your sig that you have endo - so do I. Did you have any surgeries for it? Do you just have scaring or do you have any endometriomas (cysts on your ovaries)?

Praying - I just noticed in your sig that you have endo - so do I. Did you have any surgeries for it? Do you just have scaring or do you have any endometriomas (cysts on your ovaries)?

Hi Krissy,

I had a laparoscopy back in 2013 to remove the endo and after being placed on BCP it's been pretty quiet. I had a HSG test last month and they did not see any active cysts and nothing showed up on my baseline scan. There is a bit of scarring but nothing "sticking" as far as I know. Did you have to do any surgeries? If so how long before your BFP?

I have two endometriomas on one ovary. They're around 2.5 cm each (over 5 cm together). So I'm not really a good surgery candidate because chances are they'd heavily damage that ovary trying to remove them. So we've just been forging ahead with TTC hoping that IVF would even the playing field for us.
I had my DD on the first try without any issues, so I think they 1.5 yrs of infertility we've dealt with recently is entirely from the cysts and ovarian damage. That being said, the only BFPs I've gotten in that time were from both of my IVF transfers (the first one turned into a chemical), so I really believe that that route evens the playing field for people with endo.
So best of luck to you with your stims and retrieval!! :dust: Are you going to do a fresh transfer?

Thank you yes I have never gotten a BFP but hoping this will change after IVF!! The plan is to do a fresh cycle-I hope this doesn't change. I am so excited/anxious/nervous and ready to get on the BFP train :). Thank you for sharng your experience as it gives me even more hope.

Next scan is tomorrow, the one yesterday I had about 15 measured. So I wouldn't worry about not having a ton of symptoms :)

Ladies, I have been trying to load pics on my phone and the website keeping 'crashing'

DH fetched me from work and we tested 'together' I put the stick facing down so we don't freak out, after 6 minutes were up DH turned it around and it was a BFP (ok not fat but it was a faint pink line) I'm excited and scared at the same time. I have never gotten to this point before. I have never had a positive. 😊☺️

Will update about my beta tomorrow. What's the average beta value. Now I'm worried about the beta when I should be happy about being PREGNANT, it sounds so unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->