IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Rachy 35 days down reg was that injections u must be sore I got told around 3 wks expected does it depend on usual cycle length ?

not looking forward to 5 wk or more of injecting don't mind needles but can imagine I'll be sore by the end

Ren glad to hear your follies are chugging along quite well :)

I am so anxious about my scan on Friday morning I hope I can sleep over the next 2 nights. My clinic actually recommends accupuncture pre and post transfer what do you guys think about accupuncture and have you tried it while ttc?

There are two acupuncturists on staff at my clinic, so they obviously think there must be some benefit to it too.

I have done it on an off throughout my TTC journey. My insurance covers 20 acupuncture sessions/year (pretty much the only thing it does cover in infertility-land), so I figured it wouldn't do any harm. Oddly enough, I didn't do it around the time of the FET for my son, and that obviously worked out. I think it can really help with relaxation if nothing else.

Thanks for the babydust! Still waiting (impatiently) for beta results.

Rachy 35 days down reg was that injections u must be sore I got told around 3 wks expected does it depend on usual cycle length ?

not looking forward to 5 wk or more of injecting don't mind needles but can imagine I'll be sore by the end

It was purely so they could manipulate my cycle to suit them, i didnt need to do it for that long but i had to wait for my egg collection slot. Im a bit of a pro with the jabs now so they dont really bother me.

N8ie, congratulations 😆

Renaendel, great follicle count, fingers crossed for some good growth at your next scan 👍

AFM: Ive just done my 5th stim! Im beginning to feel incredibly tender around the ovaries. It feels just like ovulation. Im currently sat with my socky doll over my stomach to try to relieve the pain. I have my first stim scan on friday & im really hoping all this pain means i have plenty of eggs growing nicely 😉

Hello everyone else new & old 😙

N8ie - congratulations!!! :happydance: I know it's hard not to immediately start worrying about beta but try enjoy the fact that you are now pregnant yay!!

Welcome new ladies!

s08 - good luck today!

Tina - it's actually really nice to be put all the way under for retrieval. It feels like taking a nice long nap.

Ren - great news! that's a good number of follies already

Rachy - that sounds about right for day 5 stims. Hopefully it means you have lots of follies in there. Good luck for tomorrow!

Cowgirl - 15 follies is fantastic!

This thread is moving so fast, hopefully I didn't miss anyone

Well, my beta came back. 22.8 at 9dp5dt. So, another effing chemical. :nope:

I know that FET's can have a slower start, and they still want me to keep taking my progesterone and come back in 2 days for repeat bloodwork, but I'm not naïve enough to think this will have a positive outcome. I'm devastated right now. Sitting in my office crying. :cry:

I know that FET's can have a slower start, and they still want me to keep taking my progesterone and come back in 2 days for repeat bloodwork, but I'm not naïve enough to think this will have a positive outcome. I'm devastated right now. Sitting in my office crying. :cry:

(((Hugs))) hun this journey is so rough feels as though we we are on a rollercoaster ride at times. Sorry I am not familiar with beta #s but if they want you to come back in 2 days wouldnt that mean you're not our yet hun? :hugs::hugs:

ttcbaby117- Based on my antibody bloodwork it was decided to include clexane to assist with implantation. I am not sure if those other meds are the same.

s08 I found this story online-don't throw in the towel yet!

I wanted to share my story, in case in can give hope to anyone that is discouraged because of a low beta result. We did a FET in early February, and I went in 9 days later (after 5dt) for my beta test. It was the first time in seven IVF/FET cycles where I hadn't done a test at home (we do have a daughter from the 5th cycle, but it's been a long struggle for us).

With my daughter, by beta was 103. I knew that was about average, so was SO disappointed when the doctor called and told me my result was 10. A measly 10. Anyone who's researched these numbers as obsessively as I have knows that's barely anything. But I went back two days later and it was 25. Then 73, then three days later it was 345, then 851. Last week I saw the heartbeat! And today I could see the head and little arms! I'm still holding my breath until I get out of the first trimester, but so far, so good.

When I got my beta of 10, I searched everywhere online trying to find a story of someone who had a low beta and ended up with a real pregnancy. I did find a few, but wanted to add mine, in case it can help someone in the same boat.

Good luck to everyone!

I wanted to share my story, in case in can give hope to anyone that is discouraged because of a low beta result. We did a FET in early February, and I went in 9 days later (after 5dt) for my beta test. It was the first time in seven IVF/FET cycles where I hadn't done a test at home (we do have a daughter from the 5th cycle, but it's been a long struggle for us).

With my daughter, by beta was 103. I knew that was about average, so was SO disappointed when the doctor called and told me my result was 10. A measly 10. Anyone who's researched these numbers as obsessively as I have knows that's barely anything. But I went back two days later and it was 25. Then 73, then three days later it was 345, then 851. Last week I saw the heartbeat! And today I could see the head and little arms! I'm still holding my breath until I get out of the first trimester, but so far, so good.

When I got my beta of 10, I searched everywhere online trying to find a story of someone who had a low beta and ended up with a real pregnancy. I did find a few, but wanted to add mine, in case it can help someone in the same boat.

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks, praying. I know miracles can happen, but I'm pretty sure I'm the rule -- not the exception. But I'll keep taking my meds and see what happens with bloods on Friday (and hold off on drinking a giant glass of wine like I want to do).

For now, I'm going to sneak out of work and go home and snuggle with my beautiful son I am so fortunate to have.

s08 - huge :huge: I wish this was all easier. It's such a roller coaster emotional journey. Hopefully you just have a very late implanter. Fx crossed for Friday

I'm so sorry hun, but I still believe in miracles, your baby could have been a late implanter. Don't lose hope just yet, let's see what you beta on Friday is. I'm going to be praying for you. This ivf process is a roller coaster ride, sometimes it gets too much. Please keep us updated

Thank you ladies for all the well wishes.

S08 - sending you so much luck for the next couple of days. Miracles can happen, try and focus on that tiny bit of hope.

Ren - great follie numbers! You're well on your way to getting that long awaited BFP!!!

Rachy - I have just finished stimming with Merional and I too had the same symptoms you're experiencing. I also started with sore boobs around day 7-8 of stims but the cramping doesn't subside I'm afraid! It'll all be worth it

AFM just woken up to get ready to go in for egg retrieval! I feel literally sick to my stomach I'm so nervous. I'll be sure to update as soon as I'm awake and more alert!

Xx

I wish my period would hurry up and start last month it was early so hoping this month was the same. Just want to get on with stims now!!

S08 - sending you so much luck for the next couple of days. Miracles can happen, try and focus on that tiny bit of hope.

Ren - great follie numbers! You're well on your way to getting that long awaited BFP!!!

Rachy - I have just finished stimming with Merional and I too had the same symptoms you're experiencing. I also started with sore boobs around day 7-8 of stims but the cramping doesn't subside I'm afraid! It'll all be worth it

AFM just woken up to get ready to go in for egg retrieval! I feel literally sick to my stomach I'm so nervous. I'll be sure to update as soon as I'm awake and more alert!

Xx

You will be fine Hun!
Today I start my progrsterone to convert my lining since I am doing a FET.
I am with you! Xxx

Good luck to everyone!

Thanks, praying. I know miracles can happen, but I'm pretty sure I'm the rule -- not the exception. But I'll keep taking my meds and see what happens with bloods on Friday (and hold off on drinking a giant glass of wine like I want to do).

For now, I'm going to sneak out of work and go home and snuggle with my beautiful son I am so fortunate to have.

Me too, I am praying for miracles for you!

My first beta results came and the results are 115😊😊 I'm so happy

Congrats n8ie!!

AFM - I'm home from my egg retrieval. We got 8 eggs! Because this is our first go I don't know what to make of it. The nurse said that it's a great number because too many can result in OHSS and it's all about quality not quantity.

I'd be happy if we can get 3 to blast stage and freeze 2!

Feeling in pain at the moment and having some bleeding so I plan on having a relaxing afternoon

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"