IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Thank you Luciola

Tina- thank you. Your nurse is right, it's all about the quality and remember it only takes one. All the best and get some rest

good job, tina!!

awesome beta, n8!

s08 - I've read SO MANY stories about the FETs just being late thawers - I hope yours is one of them! FX'ed for your next one, that there is a big rise.

N8ie - congratulations!!

Tina - 8 is perfect. Quality over quantity is right :thumbup:

My first beta results came and the results are 115😊😊 I'm so happy

Yay!!!! That's wonderful!! Congrats Hun! :happydance:

tinadecember, that's a great number! Quality, not quantity! Fingers crossed they make it to blasts! :thumbup:

ttcbaby117- Based on my antibody bloodwork it was decided to include clexane to assist with implantation. I am not sure if those other meds are the same.

Oh ok thank you! Will you stay on the Clexane through your first Tri? Sorry so many questions but I didn't ask my Dr how long I needed to be on it so I figure I would pick your brain.

Well, my beta came back. 22.8 at 9dp5dt. So, another effing chemical. :nope:

I know that FET's can have a slower start, and they still want me to keep taking my progesterone and come back in 2 days for repeat bloodwork, but I'm not naïve enough to think this will have a positive outcome. I'm devastated right now. Sitting in my office crying. :cry:

My first beta results came and the results are 115😊😊 I'm so happy

Im sorry hun! I had a chemical on my IVF In August and I am still dealing with it. I have good days and bad days but it sucks knowing you were so close. Time will heal, I feel better every day. Huge Hugs hun!

Congrats n8ie!!

AFM - I'm home from my egg retrieval. We got 8 eggs! Because this is our first go I don't know what to make of it. The nurse said that it's a great number because too many can result in OHSS and it's all about quality not quantity.

I'd be happy if we can get 3 to blast stage and freeze 2!

Feeling in pain at the moment and having some bleeding so I plan on having a relaxing afternoon

Xx

8 is awesome, I asked my dr what she wanted to get from me and her response was 7-12. You did it! Rest up and be proud of yourself.

N8ie - Congrats on the beta! :happydance: That's a great first number! Do you go back in on Saturday?

Tina - Grats on the 8 eggs! It's definitely quantity over quality. FXed for great fertilization and growth! :dust: Make sure you give yourself some time to recover, the after phase can be worse than the stimming.

s08 - :hugs: Try to hang in there. There is still some hope, I've spoken to ladies who've had numbers like that with an FET and are now in their third trimesters! ... But at the same time, that was my number and it didn't end well, so I understand your concern and lack of optimism. :hugs:

N8ie - Congrats on the beta! :happydance: That's a great first number! Do you go back in on Saturday?

Tina - Grats on the 8 eggs! It's definitely quantity over quality. FXed for great fertilization and growth! :dust: Make sure you give yourself some time to recover, the after phase can be worse than the stimming.

s08 - :hugs: Try to hang in there. There is still some hope, I've spoken to ladies who've had numbers like that with an FET and are now in their third trimesters! ... But at the same time, that was my number and it didn't end well, so I understand your concern and lack of optimism. :hugs:

Thank tou ladies and yes Saturday is my second beta. I pray it will be a great number.

Thank you girls, think the key now is to remain positive!

I'm really sore at the moment, it hurts to move and I'm bleeding enough to fill a pad. Is this normal?

I've got tomorrow off work too, I'm getting my hair done in the morning, I think some pampering is in order

Xx

By the way did anyone test out the trigger? I started today and got the first positive pregnancy test I've seen in years! Gonna test till it's almost gone x

I'm really sore at the moment, it hurts to move and I'm bleeding enough to fill a pad. Is this normal?

I've got tomorrow off work too, I'm getting my hair done in the morning, I think some pampering is in order

Xx

8 is a wonderful number. As everyone said, quality is the most important!
Keep an eye on that bleeding though. I don't remember having much more than spotting after. But it could be completely normal. Could you ask your clinic maybe?

Thanks for the support, ladies. I'll keep you all posted on my second beta.

N8ie, congratulations!!! Solid first beta!

Tina, 8 is a good number. Do you get daily reports from now on? I bled a fair amount after ER and was pretty crampy, especially after my first where 23 eggs were retrieved.

Thank you ladies.

Tina- how are you feeling now? I was in pain after my ER and bled a little, nothing major though. Just check with your clinic if that's normal. Get some rest.

Tina - I probably had enough bleeding to fill a pad, but it clearly dwindled after a bit. I agree with the other ladies that it's probably best to check with your clinic. I remember when I checked with mine they actually had expected it because of the way part of the procedure had gone (although they didn't tell me until I asked).
As for testing out the trigger... I didn't do it with my IVFs because I did FET (and didn't have a trigger used), but I did it for IUIs. It's definitely the best way to tell when you're actually getting true positives if you're a POAS addict.

AFM - Well, I am getting scanned a little sooner than expected. I had a little more spotting this morning when I wiped (more than any I had yesterday, but I haven't had any since that wipe). So I called my RE and they said it was almost definitely completely normal, but if I wanted I could come in for my scan tomorrow instead of waiting until tuesday. This way I'll be 2 days before 6 weeks instead of 2 days after. I was really on the fence about it because I think I had a better chance of hearing some kind of heartbeat next week, but I think I'll be happier with the peace of mind over the weekend.

Tina - I would call your clinic, just in case. I've only ever had spotting, never enough to fill a pad.

Krissy - spotting is so common with IVF pregnancies but still so scary :hugs:. Good idea to go in early. That way you don't have to spend the entire weekend worrying.

AFM - Well, I am getting scanned a little sooner than expected. I had a little more spotting this morning when I wiped (more than any I had yesterday, but I haven't had any since that wipe). So I called my RE and they said it was almost definitely completely normal, but if I wanted I could come in for my scan tomorrow instead of waiting until tuesday. This way I'll be 2 days before 6 weeks instead of 2 days after. I was really on the fence about it because I think I had a better chance of hearing some kind of heartbeat next week, but I think I'll be happier with the peace of mind over the weekend.

I was the same way. I went in a little earlier than the clinic usually does it because it was either that or wait until after the holiday. My scan was supposed to fall on Labor day, so they gave me the option of either the Friday before or the Tuesday after. Decided on Friday and was surprised to see the heartbeats. You never know. Some have seen heartbeats before 6 weeks, but no worrying if it's not there yet.

Krissy, sorry to hear about the bleeding but I think you're making the right decision getting scanned tomorrow rather than waiting. Even if you can't see a heartbeat yet you should still be able to see that everything is forming as it should be. Sending you big hugs and the best of luck

N8ie - I'm feeling okay. Still sore inside but I expect to be for another day or so.

The bleeding has almost subsided now girls, just a pink tinge now when I wipe. Maybe they cut something inside by accident?? I don't know... But good thing is it's calming down now.

Can't wait till tomorrow to find out how my eggies are getting on. The hospital said I should know by lunch time xx

Thank tou ladies and yes Saturday is my second beta. I pray it will be a great number.

Yes it will be a great beta I just know it! :happydance::happydance:

Xx

I didn't bleed but I was really sore. Your ovaries took a beating so it will take some time to feel better. Its great the bleeding has subsided. Enjoy our pampering and get some rest :sleep:

Im sure there isn't anything wrong. I think it is normal to spot more in an IVF pregnancy.

Tina- it's good to know that the bleeding is getting less but still call your clinic.

Krissy- sorry about the spotting but like the ladies said it is common with ivf pregnancies (not that it makes it easier) I'm glad you will check so that you will be 'stress free' on the weekend.

Afm- my second beta is Saturday and I will only get my results on Monday because my clinic doesn't open over the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->