IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Agreed, Tina, we just want you safe. Good luck with your eggies tomorrow!

Tina - you shouldn't fill a pad after not at all because they just go with a needle through your vagina wall so they may off hit a vessel on the way probalh nothing. But. Not normal so tell your clinc I didn't have any bleeding or spotting after 4 egg retrivals!

N8ie- that's a fab number hun well done :) think mine would of been around that as it was 248 at 15dpo with my son it was 108/9 at 14dpo so your well on track :) can't wait for tmros number :) xx

Hi girls,

The bleeding has stopped now. I asked when I spoke to the embryologist and she said every woman is different and It can be normal to bleed afterwards but because it's completely stopped now it shouldn't be anything to worry about

So I've had the call!

We started with 8 eggs, 7 were suitable for ICSI and out of the 7 6 have fertilised! So we have 6 beautiful embys!

Transfer is scheduled for Tuesday all being well but she said keep my phone on me on Sunday incase they transfer after 3 days but she doubts it'll be Sunday

I start pessaries tonight, any advice girls because I have no clue what I'm doing?

Xx

Hi girls,

The bleeding has stopped now. I asked when I spoke to the embryologist and she said every woman is different and It can be normal to bleed afterwards but because it's completely stopped now it shouldn't be anything to worry about

So I've had the call!

We started with 8 eggs, 7 were suitable for ICSI and out of the 7 6 have fertilised! So we have 6 beautiful embys!

Transfer is scheduled for Tuesday all being well but she said keep my phone on me on Sunday incase they transfer after 3 days but she doubts it'll be Sunday

I start pessaries tonight, any advice girls because I have no clue what I'm doing?

Xx

Well done Tina!
We two really have the same protocol and the same dates. Me too, starting cyclogest pesseries to supplement progrsterone and prepare the lining. You are doing great, everything is on track!

Bettybee - they are cyclogest pessaries. Any experience with them?

Luciola - how exciting that we are on the same dates! How are you feeling about it all?

Xx

Luciola - how exciting that we are on the same dates! How are you feeling about it all?

Xx

I m trying to stay calm lol! As I am doing a FET I m mostly relaxed with no drug this cycle. Now the transfer is in 4 days, I start to think about it a lot!

We will be fine!!

Xx

6 is a lot, well done. Tuesday is right around the corner 😊. I would say buy lots of panty liners with the pessaries, I'm still using them. I'm using them 3 times a day until I'm 12 weeks pregnant. They can get messy.

Betty- I also can't wait but I will only get my results on Monday as my clinic will be closed but I'm being positive

Well im a little disappointed with my first stim scan today. Ive 11 follicles all measuring around 10mm *5L & 6R* and a few smaller ones. I kinda expected more growth tbh because its getting quite tender down there & now I just feel like a whinging cow! Im just waiting for the clinic to call to let me know if I need to increase my dose or carry on until my next scan on Monday x

What cd are you? I had about 7 total measuring 10 or bigger and about 7 under 10 but measurable. I am on cd 8 now and my dr is planning for retrieval next week Wednesday through Thursday. If your close to me date wise I think your fine, under response is less than 5 at this point over is 18 or more. According to my dr.

Im on the long protocol so I dont know what cd, just that i take my 7th stim injection tonight. I was also told collection looks to be either weds or thurs. Maybe im doing ok then, I just wasn't convinced by the nurses bland expression or the way she said that they're all still small.

They grow by about 2 mm a day so something that is 12 now by Wednesday will be 24 :) sorry your nurse was not helpful

She wasn't my usual nurse & she told me only 1mm growth per day 😕 Ive made sure my next scan is with my nurse 👍

Rachy, on my first scan after 5 days of stims my largest follicle was 14 and there were lots of small ones, 4 days later and the 14mm had grown to 24mm! Don't worry, you'll notice a huge difference in a few days time

N8ie thank you! And I shall follow your words of advice regarding pessaries! Xx

Rachy, it sounds like they are coming along fine. Don't stress yourself too much

Well im a little disappointed with my first stim scan today. Ive 11 follicles all measuring around 10mm *5L & 6R* and a few smaller ones. I kinda expected more growth tbh because its getting quite tender down there & now I just feel like a whinging cow! Im just waiting for the clinic to call to let me know if I need to increase my dose or carry on until my next scan on Monday x

Rachy, you are right where I am. I get my day 7 scan in a few hours. We are expecting them to be between 7-10 mm. They were between 4-7mmm on day 5. It feels so much slower than other people stimming, but this setup is all about egg quality. My RE did my scan two days ago and said she expects my retrieval to not be until Thursday or Friday of next week. I am tender too and I can't imagine another week with this. I am huge and can't fit in my pants anymore from just these 8-10mm ones. The bloat is real. We can whine together!!

Here is what my RE told me if it helps. Since we started on the same day, dates should line up. If she had to pick a generic day for retrieval to put on my calendar before we started stims she would have picked next Wednesday. Why? Because that is the middle date of all the women she cycles through. So if you go on Tuesday, you are a little faster than average, Thursday, you are just growing a little slower than average. It sounds like you are moving faster than I am and I retrieve next Friday FX.

Thanks ladies, I feel a little more reassured now.

Renaendel, im massively bloated also, so much that I had to go buy some new jeans a few days ago. It hurts to bend over or put socks on!
I agree, how will we cope with another week of this 😯

Yay! The scan went well! :happydance:
We saw a nice gestational sack with a little yolk sac inside. We MIGHT have even seen the fetus but because it's so small and because it's implanted on the far side of my uterus it was hard to get a clear/definitive picture. I go back in this coming Thursday for my next scan and he's really hoping to see a fetus and heartbeat then. He was very happy with what he saw today and didn't really have expectations of hearing a heartbeat yet because of the placement and how early I am. So... spotting has officially been called "Completely normal" and I can go about breathing again lol.

Rachy - I agree with the other ladies, you are right on track. So much growth happens in that last stretch so don't worry too much. I know, easier said than done.

Krissy - fantastic news!! What a relief, now you can relax this weekend.

AFM - I'm 3dp5dt and although I promised myself I wouldn't be obsessed with every little twinge or cramp, I am. I go back and forth from thinking this worked to being sure it's failed. I've also been stressing about bed rest. My clinic doesn't do any bed rest anymore. They used to have you lie there for 30 min after transfer and then said resume normal activities the next day. This time the nurse said they stopped the 30 min requirement about a year ago and I was free to get up right away. So I'm obsessing over whether not having bed rest this time will mean bfn :(

Em - Don't stress about the bed rest. My clinic is the exact same way. I freaked out after the first transfer because I had to lie there for 20 minutes even after an IUI and now they were telling me to just get up and leave. I figured the nurse HAD to be wrong so I laid there for about 5-10 minutes anyway after they left the room lol. I also took it really easy for the next few days and more or less had my own couch rest going. And that ended in a CP.
This time around I MIGHT have laid there 5 min max after the transfer, picked up my 30+ lb daughter that evening, had an almost unusually active weekend walking around. And so far things are going much better than last time (knock on wood)
The reason they made the change is because studies started showing there really was no benefit associated with bed rest, and then more studies came out showing, biologically speaking, it was actually more beneficial to focus on increased blood flow (i.e. being reasonably active). The key is just not to push yourself past what you feel comfortable with :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->