IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Hi everyone very disappointing morning for me just getting back from ER and although there were about 14-16 follies there was only 1 egg which was not good condition. How is this even possible?? Needless to say after waking up and getting the news I balled my eyes out. Thank God I'm off today and able to stay in bed and cry freely. Doc will meet with us in 2 days after reviewing our file to determine what went wrong and what can be done to prevent this if we decide to do another cycle. I was so excited to finally be doing IVF, so anxious to finally see a bfp but I guess that's all now on hold. :(

Hi everyone very disappointing morning for me just getting back from ER and although there were about 14-16 follies there was only 1 egg which was not good condition. How is this even possible?? Needless to say after waking up and getting the news I balled my eyes out. Thank God I'm off today and able to stay in bed and cry freely. Doc will meet with us in 2 days after reviewing our file to determine what went wrong and what can be done to prevent this if we decide to do another cycle. I was so excited to finally be doing IVF, so anxious to finally see a bfp but I guess that's all now on hold. :(

I'm so sorry to hear that. This is such an emotional journey. I will keep you in my prayers. We are here for you.

Krissy and 1baby, I’m sorry you’re not feeling well, but they sound like great signs nonetheless. I felt absolutely terrible for the first 16 weeks with my son. I'm pretty sure I subsisted on plain bagels when I could eat anything. Hang in there!

n8ie, huge congratulations! Those are great numbers!

em, congrats to you too! Great news on darkening tests.

tina, yah for a 5dt. Good luck tomorrow!

praying, I’m so sorry about your news. I’m sure you are understandably devastated. I hope you can get some answers from your dr. You’re in my thoughts.

Wish, hope your suppression check is uneventful.

4magpies, yah for getting started!

Cowgirl, those follicle numbers sound promising!

Sorry if I missed a few people (I surely did). I hate to bring in some bad news, but as expected, my beta #2 on Friday was not good. Dropped from 22.88 to 5.86. So, this makes my 3rd IVF chemical (and 4th overall). I have my WTF appt. with my RE next week. I’ve had a few already with her, so no sure what I’ll even ask at this point. I’m getting a second opinion with another local clinic in October as well. I'm just so sick of it all...

s08 and praying - I'm so, so sorry for the news you each got today. How awful and unfair. :nope:

S08- I'm so sorry hun, you are in my thoughts. 🙏🏾

For some reason my post is awaiting moderation. I tried to post a link to an article for you Prayingforno1 but maybe I will have to PM you instead.

Prayingforno1 - I am so sorry to hear this news. I had read something about this before so I looked it up again. I will PM you the link. From this explanation it sounds like all hope is not lost, you will just need your medication tweaked to prevent this from happening again. I hope you can get some answers from your doctor :hugs:.

s08 - sending you huge :hugs: I think that is such a good idea to get a second opinion. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes is all that is needed.

Thank you so much ladies!! All your good wished must have helped. Our scan went well and we saw our tiny bean measuring right on track and the beautiful heartbeat!! :cloud9:
I guess all my crazy symptoms are a good thing so far. I'm so bloated I can't fit into most of my pants at the moment :blush:. But if that means this bean will stick, I will take all the symptoms!
I'm still a bit on the nervous side and probably will be until after 12-13 weeks. We've had some losses and chemicals in the past so it's hard to relax so early, but at least everything is looking good so far.

N8ie, that is a wonderful rise!! Congrats!! :happydance: Now the agonizing wait till your scan, I know it too well! I'll be sending you sticky :dust:

Em260, so happy to hear everything is going well and you're tests are getting darker! Yay!! :happydance:

s08, I'm so, so sorry! I have been where you are and I know how heartbreaking it is. Sending you love and :hugs::hug:
Have you done any immune testing? We had two back to back IVF chemicals and my RE did some immune testing and found I had elevated thyroid antibodies. My body was attacking the embryo's like they were intruders. Our third cycle was an FET and I took a steroid, (prednisolone,) for 4 days surrounding our transfer and we did IV intralipids during the transfer as well. It seemed to work that time and also this FET as we followed the same protocol. Just something worth mentioning at your WTF appointment. I'll be thinking of you! :hugs:

Prayingforno1, I'm sorry about your disappointing news. This infertility road to a baby is such an emotional roller coaster! I am sending you :hugs: and I hope you get some answers soon!

tinadecember, how exciting!! Fingers crossed for you and sticky :dust:

I'm sorry if I missed anyone!
Good luck ladies stimming and getting ready for retrievals and transfers!!

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words. I will keep you posted on RE recommendation for next step but I am not sure how soon I will be able to get back on the IVF wagon as we are paying 100% out of pocket and if I'm not mistaken my body will have to take a break from all those IVF meds etc. DH is being so supportive although highly disappointed as well. We've been ttc nearly 5 years with more disappointments than i care to count but we're definitely not throwing in the towel.

Prayingforno1, sorry to hear bad news...i also read before that tweeking medication does make a huge difference. Your RE just needs to adjust the meds and dosage. take care of yourself:hugs:

I think we all have the same stories. A swap from a non hcg trigger to something like pregnyl can make all the difference. Praying so sorry it happened. :hugs:

S08 hugs to you too. I hope you can get whatever autoimmune testing you need.

N8ie, em, Krissy, 1babydreamer so happy for all three of you.

Good luck tomorrow Tina

Rachy, wow that lining! Amazing

My day 9 scan showed follies between 10-13 also. My lining though was 5.9mm triple layer. That is where all my nervousness is. I am praying tomorrow brings a thicker lining. My doctor doesn't seemed worried but that doesn't mean I am not. It is IVF we have to stress.

S08 and praying - Sending you both huge hugs and the best of luck for whatever journey you decide to take next. Life can be so cruel at times but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Renae - sending good luck your way too, your lining only needs to get to 8mm and there is still time! Keep the faith that everything will work out :)

AFM - The day has finally arrived, EMBRYO TRANSFER DAY!! I will update you this afternoon girls on how it goes and how many we've froze if any. Cross your fingers for me ladies!

xx

S08 and praying - Sending you both huge hugs and the best of luck for whatever journey you decide to take next. Life can be so cruel at times but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Renae - sending good luck your way too, your lining only needs to get to 8mm and there is still time! Keep the faith that everything will work out :)

AFM - The day has finally arrived, EMBRYO TRANSFER DAY!! I will update you this afternoon girls on how it goes and how many we've froze if any. Cross your fingers for me ladies!

xx

All the best. And rest afterwards please.

Tina - good luck today! Fx!

Ren - you still have plenty of time for your lining to grow and it doesn't need to grow that much more. Also, you're right, we stress no matter what. When I feel myself getting really anxious and stressed, I remind myself it's probably the hormones making me feel that way. Hang in there!

ren - sending plumping thoughts your way!!

praying - that's what I was thinking about - thousands of dollars'-worth of drugs down the tubes and it's not so easy to just say 'we will tweak the drugs next time' when the drugs EACH time are costing so much, esp paying out of pocket 100%. I hope you are able to figure things out though and have at least one more try with the RIGHT drugs. This is such a crap shoot sometimes.

tina - good luck today!! Happy Transfer Day! I hope you drink/eat something warm like soup and are able to enjoy being reunited with the embies!

em, n8 - how are you feeling? can you believe it yet? em - did you get to schedule your beta for earlier?

afm - my suppression check was this morning and looks like we're sufficiently suppressed. Bring on the in between grossness and let's start stimming! :)

Tina-Thanks and I am keeping everything crossed for you to have a smooth transfer today!!

Wish2BMom- Yea to stimming!! GL on your cycle hun

AFM-After crying my eyes out and barely sleeping last night DH and I had a good talk and will hear what Doc has to say about what she would change in the protocol and what our next step should be. It's just so strange my e2, measurements etc were perfect but the ER a disaster. I had this full week off from work to deal with ER and ET but thinking I may go back into office later this week instead of sitting home feeling sorry for myself. It is so difficult for those not going through this type of journey to understand the emotional toll it puts on you.

For those that may have had to, how soon after a failed/ cancelled IVF cycle before you were allowed to start a new cycle?

praying - I am not sure about another IVF, but I was told I could not do a FET until I had one period. This does not include the bleed you have after the failed cycle. So my IVF was in July/August and I was told I could start prepping for my FET in my October cycle. I hope that helps. No one does understand, but we on this board get it, trust me. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know how we can help you through this.

Wish- it all feels like a dream, I feel so blessed. I can't believe after so long it's finally happening. The symptoms I'm currently experiencing are being bloated, constipation (sorry tmi), insomnia and feeling nauseous. I don't mind feeling this way at all 😊

Praying- after my failed cycle we waited once cycle (excluding the one that showed I wasn't pregnant) all the best.

Hi girls!

Well it's official, I'm PUPO!

We've transferred one blastocyst and so far there's 1 to freeze with another 2 still developing so we will know more in a couple of days.

Feeling happy and anxious and nauseous all in one haha!!

Xx

Congrats, Tina!!!! now snuggle in, little embie!

n8 - I know exactly how you feel and I hope to feel it again soon. :)

Congrats Tina

Get some rest so that that embryo sticks😊

When are you going back to work? Are you planning on POAS and testing your trigger?

All the best for your 2ww

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->