IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

prayingforno1 - sometimes they have meds to donate at the clinics so I would ask about that too. I think sometimes other patients bring in their unused, unopened meds and/or the meds get shipped directly to the clinic and there are extras. My first cycle I was given almost all of my Gonal-f for free because we are self pay and the nurse felt bad for me. It's worth asking about. My first two IVFs I did back to back but I don't think that is the norm. I had to have surgery so we were rushing to get them done beforehand. I think they normally recommend one month rest in between.

Tina - congrats on being PUPO!!! And great news about your other embryos too!

Wish - Congrats on getting started!! I didn't end up going in this morning for an early beta. It was just going to be too hectic for me to try to go there before work. I took another test and it was so much darker so I feel ok waiting for Thursday.

Congrats Tina

Get some rest so that that embryo sticks😊

When are you going back to work? Are you planning on POAS and testing your trigger?

All the best for your 2ww

Thanks n8ie!

I plan on getting some serious rest in over the next few days. I'm not back in work until Monday.

I've been testing my trigger out and I got a negative for the first time yesterday so it seems it's out of my system!

My hubby is going away on a stag doo this Friday. He is best man and can't miss it really so I won't be testing until Tuesday at the earliest as that's when he gets back home. I'll be 7DP5DT by then

Xx

I trigger tonight at 1030 and go in Thursday for retrieval at 845 we start that process. Eggs grew another mm since yesterday and lining is 14. But we are freezing due to progesterone at 3.8, my estrogen has plateaued as well. Looks like 12 or so will be big enough

Thanks Em I will check on the options available. Everyone at my clinic is so nice and trying to be encouraging given my disappointment. The theater nurse called as well as the receptionist. We go in at 9:30 tomorrow for our sit down with the doc and hopefully she's has time to review my file/protocol to determine the changes we need to make next cycle

I really want to thank you all for being so supportive and encouraging it really means a lot especially as I only jumped into the group during stimming. I think you all have helped me keep my sanity lol.

Cowgirl- yay trigger day I know you must be excited. We literally watched the clock for 30minutes counting down the time to our trigger lol.

Tina- sending you lots of baby dust Hun fir that bfp when you test on Tuesday

Hi ladies just been catching up its so busy on here x :hugs: to all that need em so sorry for the sht ur going thru. Tina congrats on been pupo x

Has any of you used the time lapse imaging just opted in for it today and paid for it just wondered if anyone had experience of it

I haven't heard of that dizzy dolly what is it?

Trigger bumped till at least tomorrow. Eggie growth is slow and steady. Now it looks like retrieval on Friday.

Very busy days for me but just want to pop up to say hi and I just had my embryo transfer, 2 blasts were put in.

A bit disappointed because they had to thaw 3 embryos, as one didn't survive the thaw! Darn, how is that possible?

Anyway, 2 hatching ones put in and 2 remaining in the freezer!

Renaendel- crossing my thumbs for you for Friday, try not to stress.

Luciola- congrats on bring PuPo. Put your feet up and rest for a few days and all the best for the 2ww.

Ren it's once they fertilise any eggs they basically keep them under watch 24 hrs day with cameras that take images every 10 mins so they can see any changes in the embies that might normally be missed that could normally result in miscarriage or defect. Normally they only actually take them out of incubation a couple of times to check under microscope to assess quality so can miss changes and also means taking them out of their warm environment whereas with this they never have t remove them as always observing. On the stats they gave us it shows normal % for our age group is 30/40. % success rate using this takes it up to 50%. It's was quite a bit extra but I guess will feel done all I've can to try x

Luciola congrats on being PUPO!! Seems like we are at the exact same point in this journey together!! How are you feeling?

Cowgirl - congrats on triggering!!

Renae - your follies are heading in the right direction! Slow and steady wins the race my dear :) you'll get there

AFM I'm feeling super emotional today, I've had a little cry this morning. It's a crazy situation after embryo transfer... You know there's this little bundle of cells in your uterus and its future is completely out if your control. I just want it to stick so badly

Xx

Luciola congrats on being PUPO!! Seems like we are at the exact same point in this journey together!! How are you feeling?

Cowgirl - congrats on triggering!!

Renae - your follies are heading in the right direction! Slow and steady wins the race my dear :) you'll get there

AFM I'm feeling super emotional today, I've had a little cry this morning. It's a crazy situation after embryo transfer... You know there's this little bundle of cells in your uterus and its future is completely out if your control. I just want it to stick so badly

Xx

I know how you feel, this time around I had 2 days off and I rested. Avoided calls and messages from people I know can stress me, ate only 'warm' food to keep lots of blood flow to the uterus and wore socks everyday no matter the weather (I only stopped wearing them 3 days ago)

I hope your embryo sticks

My scan today was much more promising.
We have:
1@17
2@16
3@15
5@14
1@13
15 others between 10mm&12mm.

My lining is perfect at 14.8mm

So we've had amazing progress in the last 2 days and im now just waiting to find out if collection is friday or Monday xx

rachy - those are awesome numbers!

luciola - that's what concerns me most about going frozen (if we ever need to, we've got one on ice right now) - I think the thaw survival rate is about 93% or something, so I guess I'm not completely shocked that one out of your 5 or 6 (?) didn't make it. Hopefully all others will be fine, if you even need the others! Anyway, congrats on being PUPO!!!

ren - I like the idea of slow and steady wins the race - quality, my dear. They are doing a good job! They are thorough, like their mama! :)

tina - I hope you are able to relax and enjoy being 'pregnant until proven otherwise'!! send some positive, snuggly vibes to the embie! :hugs: (it is really crazy, though, I agree!)

dizzy - that's really interesting, I hadn't heard of that before! let us know how it goes

praying - just an FYI on meds too, I can't remember if you're in the US or not, but I just applied for 'compassionate care' in the US. They base their rate of helping you on your income and such but even if you make a decent amount, you can still get at least 10% rebate on certain meds (like Gonal-F which is my most expensive).

Rachy-congrats you follies are growing perfectly

Wish2bmom-thanks I will look into it I am exploring all options lol

Afm-so I just came bk from doc consult and she explained in detail everything that happened. Apparently I was a very quick responder so when I went in for scan I had 2 leading follicles of about 20/22 and the other ones around 14 so although I had an extra night of stims this was not enough time for the smaller ones to catch up and she didn't want to risk over maturation of the leading follicles. As the follies were not mature when I triggered they did not release from the walls making her able to do the ER. In addition to that I actually developed an endometrioa (spelling may be wrong) cyst which she was unable to detect until egg retrieval which she ended up draining. Active endometrioa can also effect follie growth. So next steps lol. She will definitely change the protocol as it doesn't make sense doing the same thing. So to suppress the endometriosis I must take zoladex injections for 3 months before the IVF cycle (one per month) this replaces the buserelin injections. My clinic only does IVF certain dates so based on their schedule February is the nearest month that works for us. I'll be on bcp for 3 months then go into zoladex injections with plans to have another IVF go in February.

I'm trying to look at the bright side so there is an exam i've been putting off I will start studying for as well as working to drop a few (ok more than a few lol) pounds before February. We are also in process of building our home so this also gives us time to save up for our next cycle. I will also get a credit from the clinic and the finance dept will email me with details today. They also took the unused meds I had which had expiration dates before February and will give me a credit for those as well as those I will not be using on the new protocol.

So there you have it our journey continues into 2016 :)

Hey guys!

Mind if I join you guys? Just started my first IVF cycle this week, first day of stims was today, (JUST gave myself the first injection!). Kinda nervous and stressed about the whole process, although super excited too obviously!

wow, praying - I'm glad you got such a detailed answer rather than 'welp, I dunno but let's try something different!' I'm glad you have a good plan in place and can get some other personal stuff out of the way too. And you can relax and enjoy the holidays!

welcome, amanda! first injection felt like jumping off a cliff for me, but then realizing that there was a giant cushy pillow at the bottom b/c it turned out not to be so bad. :) I hope it was the same for you! It's exciting, huh?

Rachy28 - that is great progress and a perfect lining too, congrats!

Luciola - congrats on being PUPO!

Tina - I felt the same way after my transfer. It's so hard to just have to wait and not have any control over what happens :hugs:. I watched some comedies to make me laugh and get my mind off of things. I watched "Bridesmaids" and was dying laughing for hours.

Praying - It sounds like you have a solid plan for moving forward. I'm so glad your clinic is going to give you a credit/refund. I've seen lots of women on here go on to have success after they had their endometriosis under control. I know how tough it is to wait, I had to take 5 months off between my 1st IVF and transfer, but it will go by so quickly with the holidays coming up and it sounds like you'll be busy with building your house and studying too. Wishing you all the success in 2016!

Amanda - welcome!

Dizzy - I've read something about that method but I can't remember where. It sounds worth it if it improves success rates that much.

Ren - slow and steady definitely wins the race. Good luck for Friday and enjoy your injection free day tomorrow!

Sorry I'm still catching up on everyone's news. I just wanted to let everyone know that we had our first u/s today and we have one gestational sack, one fetal pole, and a hb of 116. :cloud9:

amanda1235- welcome and GL on stimming.

crystal- yey!!!That must have been awesome to see. Most definitely cloud 9 day :)

Sorry I'm still catching up on everyone's news. I just wanted to let everyone know that we had our first u/s today and we have one gestational sack, one fetal pole, and a hb of 116. :cloud9:

Congratulations!! So exciting! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->