IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Cowgirl - those are awesome numbers, congrats!

Ren - did you have your ER today? Hope everything went well!!

N8ie - first tri is exhausting! Hang in there! Like Wish said it's a great sign to have symptoms.

Wish - congrats on getting started! Fx for tuesday

It will be a short update today. ER was today. We had 13 retrieved, my afc is 11 and my RE had set 12 as our goal. I am happy. Amanda as for how I feel after. I am pretty hugely bloated and have already put on 3lbs. The nausea is pretty horrific and if it weren't for the zofran I would have puked 6-7 times on the ride home. For the pain they gave me a Percocet in recovery. Now that I am over the initial hump though I haven't even needed Tylenol so long as I take it easy.

Give me your best wishes for a good fertilization report.

Had my first tracking scan yesterday.

41 follicles most 6-8mm. Two at 11. Upped my dose from 112.5 to 137.5!

Renae great number of eggs!! Sorry that you've reacted to retrieval so badly though, rest up and I hope you're feeling better soon

4magpies, wow that's a lot of follies girly! Good luck with the new dose of stims, hope it does the trick for you.

AFM 4DP5DT today. I vaguely remember being awake in the night last night with pains in my front and back. Let's hope the LO has implanted during the night. I'm off to a family get together this afternoon so that should take my mind off symptom spotting for a while ha xx

Cowgirl- that's a great number

Tina- will you POAS from 5dp5dt or wait for your beta?

Wish- all the best, congrats on the stimulation.

Em- it's really exhausting but at least I'm only exhausted after work.

Renaendel- well done and all the best

4mag- that sounds great. All the best

Thanks ladies for all your stories on how the ER went! Much appreciated :)

Ren, I have a feeling I'll probably be like you, but I can't take Percocet, makes me hallucinate and be SUPER nauseous. Were you under general anaesthetic? Not sure if my clinic offers that, or if it's just sedation. Good luck on having them fertilize!!!

I wish I knew what numbers all mean, but as this is my first cycle, I'm still a newbie! Everything sounds great though!! Fingers crossed and hoping that there are lots of BFP's in the next few days/weeks!!!

Tina, hope that it was indeed the little one implanting!!

AFM, I'm completed 3 days of stims, and a kinda surprised that it hasn't been worse that it has. Other the the injections being sore/stinging when it goes in, the only side effect I've had is a mild headache and my skin has broken out like crazy (joy). Have my first scan Monday, and then they will adjust my dose and start me on orgalutran. I've heard that one sucks a little more., but so be it!

My main side effects from gonal f/ cetrotide were 1 headache, acne and fatigue. I had twilight sedation for my er.

Great number Renaendel.

Good luck Tina.

Good luck ladies who are currently cycling :thumbup:

Today i had my final stim scan before collection on Tuesday morning. Ive been feeling pretty crappy since my last scan on Wednesday. Im extremely bloated, constant nausea, ovary pain and fatigue. Ive been coasting the last few days (no stims) because of a concern over ohss. So today we have:
1@24
2@22
5@20
6@18
2@17
2@16
3@15
15 others between 12mm&14mm.

I started off with an afc of just 12!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend x

Rachy great numbers! Sending you good luck for your ER!

N8ie, my husband is away until Tuesday so I won't be testing until at least then. So a few more days to go yet

Xx

Looking great rachy!

Amanda, yes GA. I thought they were going to do twilight sedation but they decided they didn't want me trying to move. The nausea is totally gone today, it just hurts to walk.

Fertilization report:8 of 9 mature eggs were successful. Grow eggies grow.

Yey renae thats excellent news!! Transfer will be here in no time!

Xx

Tina - that sounds promising! fx those little pains were your embryo implanting!

4Magpies- sounds like you're making great progress!

rachy - wow that is a lot of follies! Hope the OHSS stays away.

Ren - I'm glad you're feeling better. I can't take Percocet it makes me so nauseous. great fert report! Are you doing a fresh transfer or freeze all? Fx for lots of blasts!

Thanks ladies 😆
No fresh transfer for me because of the excessive amount of follicles and ohss risk. Id have been surprised if the embryo biopsies would have been back in time anyway. Tonight i will trigger with 10,000iu Pregnyl :happydance:

Great fert report Ren!

I have a quick question - for ladies who are TTC with a toddler do you have the permission from RE to lift him/her during 2ww? I did take easy for the first 48 hours but after that I had to take care of him - lots of lifting and carrying him around. I am just scared that it may compromise the FET success... But impossible to not to lift him! He is only 10months old.

Any thoughts?

Hi, Luciola. I wasn't given any restrictions regarding lifting my daughter and I carried on like normal with lots of lifting, carrying, etc. She is 19months and almost 27lbs so definitely not that light. Maybe call your doctor and check but usually they will tell you if they want you to avoid heavy lifting.

So I caved this morning girls and tested at which point I was 5 days and 12 hours past transfer and it was a stark white BFN. :(
I used an internet cheapie, I know I should have used a first response if I was going to test but I didn't want to waste one.

I am trying to remain positive and tell myself that it's too early, or the test isn't sensitive enough but I feel in my heart that this hasn't worked for us.

Any advice please girls because I feel so low right now

xx

Tina - It's still very early! Some embryos take longer to implant and then once implanted it takes several days for hcg to be high enough to be detected by hpts. Here is a good explanation from my clinic:

Day 1: The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell.
Day 2: The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
Day 3: The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
Day 4: Implantation continues
Day 5: Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
Day 6: Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
Days 7 + 8: Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
Day 9: Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

Also, you should use First Response if you're going to test this early. Those internet cheapies didn't give me a positive until 7 or 8dp5dt with my DD so I didn't even bother using them this time. Hang in there!

Tina- it's way too early and Internet cheapies we not sensitive. Don't stress yourself

Afm- I have been exhausted for the past few days and sleeping a lot, eating a lot and have a pain in my pubic bone( I hear it's normal)

Thanks girls I hope you are right because we only have 1 frostie and I kind of feel like we've hit a brick wall!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->