• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Yea, anywhere but that little x caused nerve pain or a more painful shot.

Hmm. I had to avoid the X area. More diagonal from the X was my magic area. I would bleed, bruise and feel more pain in the X area.

I have to start PIO this cycle and am totally nervous about it. So is DH actually. Is it really as awful as it sounds?
BabyD I'm sorry you were in so much pain!

Once you find the right spot it's not that bad. It's usually so much easier than what everyone works themselves up for. I had my sister do my first one, but after that I was fine to do them myself.

Hey All.. thanks for the info.. there really isn't anything I can do for the PIO pain except extra strength tylenol and heating pads.. so happy I'm on crinone, I don't mind the mess. I think the trick of PIO shots to avoid what I'm going through is LOCATION! It seems like it's more on the hip than butt as they said. Mine was too low apparently...

Oh thank you this diagram is very helpful. So I should try to stay where the x is?

Amanda, it isn't bad as long as you have the right location. That red x and a bit to the right (Google ventrogluteal site) are perfect. My one warning would be that of you are really thin see if your doc will drop you to a 1" needle so you don't hit the bone. If you are of an average bmi or more you shoud not have a problem.

I started my period whilst still taking progesterone suppositories. Although I wasn't taking crinone. I started to spot 6DP5DT and knew it hadn't worked because all the symptoms I had like sore boobs and bloatedness had disappeared.

Wish - sending you big hugs and condolences that this cycle didn't work.

xx

Amanda.. I think the anticipation is the hardest. I had a bad experience this time around but when I did my FET for my son it was easy! By the end my butt was numb and I used to watch dh inject me!! It's sore sometimes like any other injections but manageable. Everyone has the tricks that work for them but for me icing the area before to numb it and then heat and massage after used to work. I put rice in a sock and tie it up and microwave it until it was really hot..usually a minute or two. Good luck!!

Side note... I tested this morning bc I'm a FRER POAS addict and I think I can barely make out a second line!!! I'm going to test again later...fingers crossed!!!!!!

Baby d fingers crossed you get your line.

Afm got my 1st scan since starting stims in the morning x is it normal to get ewcm during stimming? Wasn't really expecting it but then got a load last night. 😕

babyd fxed for you!

AFM - I am waiting for my BW and US results to see if I should start my estrogen. Fxed I can.

Hi ladies

Last night I had a bit of brown spotting, this freaked me out and even though it was little I still feel like I would feel better going for a scan this weekend. My doctors appointment is at 12 weeks which is 2 weeks away. Do you think that I should wait for my 12 week scan?

I also bought some cheap Pregnancy tests and tested if I'm still pregnant 🙈, so embarrassed. I can't wait for when I can feel the baby kick.

Dizzy - I also got a tone of ewcm through my entire IVF cycle.

AFM - I started my estrogen today for my FET. Yipee!

Yay ttc! You are so close now!!

Cowgirl, are you doing estrogen too?

N8ie, if it would reduce your stress and can afford it, I can't see a problem with an early scan. Are you on vaginal suppositories now?

BabyD, any news on the line?

Yeah I've been bad about updating. I've been on estrogen for about 12 days and added pio today. Lining yesterday was at 10 and multi layered. We are on for transfer Monday.

Ren - Thanks, yes I cant believe how fast this cycle is going by. FETs are so much easier. how are you doing hun?

Cowgirl - How was the PIO shot? I will have to do those also and I am dreading them LOL

N8ie - I am with Ren, if you can go and see about a early scan. I might help you relax a bit.

AFM - I started my vivelle dots and estrace today. Grow lining grow!

I thought it would be way worse than it was. Dh was so nervous about it though. It's a bit sore and I used a heating pad before and after.

Ttc- that's good news, time really moved fast.

Renaendel- I think I might just do that and yes I'm still on the cyclogest until week 12.

Cowgirl- on Monday, that's great news. All the best and I'm crossing fingers for your transfer.

Afm- I woke up in early hours and was so nauseous, I guess it's the baby telling me that 'I'm still here' 😊

Hi ladies, can I join you guys? I am probably technically an OCT FET but I started AF on 9/30.

A little background on me. I have a 3 year old boy from IVF#1. Then a year later we decided to do FET for baby #2. Unfortunately the thawing process really deteriorated the quality of the embryos that time and it failed. We then did a new fresh round of IVF and transferred 1 embryo. It gave us our baby girl. Now we would like to have our last baby and there were 3 frozen embies left. We did PGD and was told there was only 1 (boy) that was normal out of the 3 left over. We transferred that one on 10/20. I am nearing the end of my 48 hour bed rest. I have been freaking out because this is my last chance at a third. We are out of embryos and my husband does not want me to do any more stims. It has been a tough and expensive journey but yet so rewarding with each baby. I just really really hope I can have this third baby to complete our family. I love that there is so much support on this site.

Hope you guys are all doing well.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"