• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF Aug/Sept 2015 Fresh & Frosties

Hi Wish, Our new donor has an appointment on 11-16-15 for her AFC. If she's at 15 or above, we'll stay with her. I'm really hoping that her young age of 24, will be to our advantage. If she clears, then we'll start a cycle ASAP. I'm so ready to be pregnant, like yesterday!! :haha:

FX'ed for you Sunshine!!

Hi Wish, Our new donor has an appointment on 11-16-15 for her AFC. If she's at 15 or above, we'll stay with her. I'm really hoping that her young age of 24, will be to our advantage. If she clears, then we'll start a cycle ASAP. I'm so ready to be pregnant, like yesterday!! :haha:

FX'ed for you Sunshine!!

Fx'd for you to get started!!! Out of curiosity, what determines whether a donor will be a match or not?

Dizzy - wow, congrats that is a lot of eggs!! Rest up and I hope the OHSS stays away.

BabyD - that's great you're feeling better than last time!

Boopin - sorry to hear about the donor setback. Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out.

How are you feeling HG this time around? Any testing soon? Nuchal translucency or Materniti21?

dizzy - congrats on 27!! that's amazing!

em - 10 weeks already?? that's so awesome. how are you feeling?

boopin - that's a shame about the setback. How long do you have to wait, do you know?

Wish, I'm feeling pretty good, thanks for asking! A little tired and nauseous but not too bad. Where are you at in your cycle? Down regulating?

BabyD, enjoy pregnancy without the bad stuff! I hope I can tell myself that too.

Em, wow 10 weeks! Are you doing any of the early blood tests?

Just got my beta. Now the wait for the results....

Good luck Sunshine! I'm doing one of the new free cell DNA tests called maternit21 in two weeks. We did PGD so already have a good idea of baby's health but my OB still recommends doing the tests.

Dizzy - wow, congrats that is a lot of eggs!! Rest up and I hope the OHSS stays away.

Boopin - sorry to hear about the donor setback. Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out.

How are you feeling HG this time around? Any testing soon? Nuchal translucency or Materniti21?

Hi, yes we're doing both of those in two weeks. I already know baby's sex and chromosomes because we did PGD but my OB recommended them anyway. What is HG?

Dizzy - Awesome number of eggs. I was told to drink 64 oz of Gatorade a day. At this point they said it was more important than eating, so if you feel full stick to the Gatorade.

BabyD - Congrats hun, that is awesome!

Boopin - Sorry about the donor hun!

Em - what is this other test going to show you?

AFM - BW and US on Sunday to see if my lining is doing well!

Thanks I've got sports drinks and coconut water tho the coconut is horrible ughhhh hahah so out of 27 we had 25 suitable and 19 have fertilised find out on Sunday if it will be day 3 or day 5 plus back for bloods on sund to check on the ohss xx

My beta came back 230! :happydance: I guess I am kind of in shock because of how I feel and the lack of symptoms. You guys are gonna think I'm crazy but I HATE those progesterone suppositories and asked for the PIO. I am so irritated down there from wearing liners everyday and the progesterone coming out of me. Plus, I keep forgetting to do my midday one until it's really late.

Em, are you having a boy or girl? We did PGD too, not sure it really goes into check a lot of the other stuff so I think I will still get a CVS. I did Harmony last time, v similar to Mat21.

ttcbaby, can't believe your dr works sundays. What a great office. I can't even get another beta till monday.

Hi, yes we're doing both of those in two weeks. I already know baby's sex and chromosomes because we did PGD but my OB recommended them anyway. What is HG?

Sorry... saw you had to repeat the answer twice... hyperemesis.. weren't you sick with your first?

are you keeping baby's sex secret? :) You're so close to out of first trimester! Jealous! :0

My beta came back 230! :happydance: I guess I am kind of in shock because of how I feel and the lack of symptoms. You guys are gonna think I'm crazy but I HATE those progesterone suppositories and asked for the PIO. I am so irritated down there from wearing liners everyday and the progesterone coming out of me. Plus, I keep forgetting to do my midday one until it's really late.

Em, are you having a boy or girl? We did PGD too, not sure it really goes into check a lot of the other stuff so I think I will still get a CVS. I did Harmony last time, v similar to Mat21.

ttcbaby, can't believe your dr works sundays. What a great office. I can't even get another beta till monday.

Wow, congratulations!!! :happydance: That is a very strong beta yay!! I know what you mean about the suppositories vs PIO. I used them for my IUIs and they were really uncomfortable for me. I'm having a boy :). So the type of PGD we did is actually called PGS and it screens all of the chromosomes. I think PGD is usually just for a single gene disorder. I'm declining a CVS because it has a small chance of miscarriage.

Sorry... saw you had to repeat the answer twice... hyperemesis.. weren't you sick with your first?

are you keeping baby's sex secret? :) You're so close to out of first trimester! Jealous! :0

Hi, no worries. I didn't see your post before I posted the other response. I'm having a baby boy :). For some reason I thought I added it to my signature but just realized I didn't.

I was really sick with my first but they never diagnosed me with hyperemesis, just gave me Zofran. And luckily it went away in 2nd tri. For some reason I'm not as sick this time. I'm on a lower dose of meds than I was last time so I think that might be helping. Last time I lost 10lbs during 1st tri because I was so sick. You had hyperemesis last time right?

Dizzy - Awesome number of eggs. I was told to drink 64 oz of Gatorade a day. At this point they said it was more important than eating, so if you feel full stick to the Gatorade.

BabyD - Congrats hun, that is awesome!

Boopin - Sorry about the donor hun!

Em - what is this other test going to show you?

AFM - BW and US on Sunday to see if my lining is doing well!

The test screens for the most common chromosome disorders and some microdeletion syndromes. My OB said it's not going to show me anything that PGD/PGS hasn't already, but that we should just do it in case there was a lab error or something. I guess there is also always the possibility of an embryo mix-up, an abnormal embryo was transferred instead of a euploid one.

I don't think your crazy. When I took the survey after the FET study, one of the questions was which I prefer. I answered PIO because I HATE the mess.

BabyD, There's a lot of criteria that factors into what makes a good donor match or not. Initially, you look through profiles and consider the donor's characteristics, physical appearance, self & family medical history, interests, education, age, etc... That determination all depends on the recipients preferences. Secondly, once you've selected a donor then she has to go for her initial testing i.e. AFC, physical, blood work, so on and so forth. If she is cleared, then you can proceed with your selected donor.
If the donor doesn't have a good number of follicles (15 or greater) at my clinic, then she doesn't make a good candidate for fresh + frozen cycles. And in my case, I want to have embryos for a future cycle. That's why the first donor wasn't a "good match" for me.

I hope that explains the process a little bit better. IVF becomes a lot more complicated when you have to use donor eggs. :wacko:

Congratulations on your strong beta Sunshine!! This thread is going :bfp: crazy!! :happydance:

Dizzy- I also cannot stomach coconut water. 19 fertilized? Wow, that's a great number, all the best for Sunday.

Sunshine- yay, that's a great beta. I love seeing good news on this thread.

Em- I'm just a few days ahead of you.

Afm - I'm 11w1d and have 6 more days on the vaginal progesterone. I thought second trimester starts at week 13, now I saw it's actually at 14 weeks 😣. DH and I haven't told anyone yet, I don't tag along when DH visits the inlaws. We are planning on visiting them when my bump is very obvious and that will be our announcement.

Dizzy- I also cannot stomach coconut water. 19 fertilized? Wow, that's a great number, all the best for Sunday.

Sunshine- yay, that's a great beta. I love seeing good news on this thread.

Em- I'm just a few days ahead of you.

Afm - I'm 11w1d and have 6 more days on the vaginal progesterone. I thought second trimester starts at week 13, now I saw it's actually at 14 weeks 😣. DH and I haven't told anyone yet, I don't tag along when DH visits the inlaws. We are planning on visiting them when my bump is very obvious and that will be our announcement.

Aw that's a really sweet idea can't believe you've managed to keep everything a secret bet u can't wait.

Really sorry ladies but feel I need a whinge I'm so great full to be able to have this treatment but wow what women actually go through I feel a mess and injections in my butt really not only am i uncomfortable from ec I now can't sit comfortably either :dohh: so many side effects my skins broke out into a spotty dot to dot paradise was not expecting that one at all I'm 31 not 13 pah haha oh and getting heartburn from just literally drinking water

Sorry but I feel so much better for my moan :haha::haha::haha:

At 5dp5dt I caved and tested and got this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 22
Cowgirl - wow congratulations!!! That is a very strong line for 5dp5dt!!

Dizzy - congrats on 19 fertilized. It's ok to whine and moan! This process is so difficult and trying sometimes. I don't think other people who haven't been through it can understand but we definitely can. I hope you feel better :hugs:

Boopin - I didn't realize all that went into donor matching. That's great you found someone that meets your criteria. Fx for lots of embryos!

N8ie - Congrats on 11 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->