IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

I survived the 3 hour test. Now I wait for the results. By the 4th blood draw, they needed to try poking me twice. :dohh:

Chickadeedee - Great report back from your appointment! :thumbup: I think I've already gained close to 15 lbs...maybe just under. Not sure if that's too much at this point.

PostalMom - Sorry about all of the costs. I already met my $1,000 deductible this year, so coinsurance has kicked in for me. I continue to pay until I reach my out of pocket max. Look into breast pump coverage through your insurance. I learned on these boards that coverage was built into Obamacare. My insurance will cover mine at 100% if I order through one of 3 preselected vendors.

Hi ladies! So why the new thread? I just know I'm following now!!

Hope everyone's well. LO is moving nonstop. I haven't been able to sleep well at all. :growlmad:

I would love your opinion on something. My friends want to throw me a shower, is it bad to have a shower with a second baby? I actually never had one b/c the first time around we were moving and going through a lot then the baby came before we knew it. But still, it is the second time around, I don't need much but my friends insisted on me having one. What do y'all think?:shrug:

Postal - yikes!! That's a lot of out of pocket expenses :( I'm going to make some burp cloths using cloth diapers. Pinterest has a LOT of DIY projects for babies!!!

Disney - did they tell you when you'd have the results??? I can't imagine sitting there for that long :hugs: if I had to guess I'd say I've gained about 15lbs too. I refuse to look at the scale when they weigh me and I don't want to know the actual number, but I did want to have the weight "conversation" with the doctor.

Sunshine :flower: I think feeling the LO move is the BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD!! Is that why you're not sleeping?? Or is it just because you're uncomfortable? The mods shut the other thread down because they felt things got out of hand... But we're here now!!!
I personally think a small shower is totally acceptable!! It's more for the baby anyway!!! Every baby deserves something special IMO :kiss:

Sunshine, I think a baby shower is fine. Let them celebrate you and your new bundle. That's really what it's about. The gifts are just bonuses.

Disney, my Dr gave me a paper telling me about the free breast pumps. It's free but they have heard that they aren't always good quality. But it's still free. When I call my insurance to ask about one in also going to ask about if we have a max out of pocket. My husband's Co worker thinks it may be 5-6000. Which is way better than 20%. When I had my first twins I was poor and on medicaid. I accidentally got a bill from the hospital for over $90,000. My twins stayed for 12 days in nicu. So 20% of that would kill us. That was only 1 bill.
Off the subject. . Is/has any one found they ate less in the first tri? I am eating frequently, but like today I had a banana for breakfast burger king for an early lunch, small plate of mac and cheese 4 hours later, and now I'm waiting on a panini my DH is making. It doesn't seem like that would be enough calories for a twin pregnancy does it? My original wieght was 137 I weighed in at 140 today. So at least I have gained 3 pounds.

Oh sunshine, I don't think we are allowed to discuss why we had to make a new thread. But I will tell you our megan has left the site for good.
Megan if your stalking, we love and miss you.

Hi ladies! So why the new thread? I just know I'm following now!!

Hope everyone's well. LO is moving nonstop. I haven't been able to sleep well at all. :growlmad:

I would love your opinion on something. My friends want to throw me a shower, is it bad to have a shower with a second baby? I actually never had one b/c the first time around we were moving and going through a lot then the baby came before we knew it. But still, it is the second time around, I don't need much but my friends insisted on me having one. What do y'all think?:shrug:

I <3 feeling LO move. I hope you get some more sleep soon. :hugs:

I think a small shower with your friends is fine if they are insisting on it. Your LO is a little miracle that deserves to be celebrated!

Postal - yikes!! That's a lot of out of pocket expenses :( I'm going to make some burp cloths using cloth diapers. Pinterest has a LOT of DIY projects for babies!!!

Disney - did they tell you when you'd have the results??? I can't imagine sitting there for that long :hugs: if I had to guess I'd say I've gained about 15lbs too. I refuse to look at the scale when they weigh me and I don't want to know the actual number, but I did want to have the weight "conversation" with the doctor.

Sunshine :flower: I think feeling the LO move is the BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD!! Is that why you're not sleeping?? Or is it just because you're uncomfortable? The mods shut the other thread down because they felt things got out of hand... But we're here now!!!
I personally think a small shower is totally acceptable!! It's more for the baby anyway!!! Every baby deserves something special IMO :kiss:

Pinterest keeps me so occupied. I've already made a couple of things based on projects I've found on Pinterest (adjustable crib skirt, baby clothes hanger organizers, etc...).

The results will probably be ready tomorrow, but it's up to my doctor to log in, read them, and release them to the website. She said she'll release my results as soon as she sees them. I hope I will know sooner than later.

Sunshine, I think a baby shower is fine. Let them celebrate you and your new bundle. That's really what it's about. The gifts are just bonuses.

Disney, my Dr gave me a paper telling me about the free breast pumps. It's free but they have heard that they aren't always good quality. But it's still free. When I call my insurance to ask about one in also going to ask about if we have a max out of pocket. My husband's Co worker thinks it may be 5-6000. Which is way better than 20%. When I had my first twins I was poor and on medicaid. I accidentally got a bill from the hospital for over $90,000. My twins stayed for 12 days in nicu. So 20% of that would kill us. That was only 1 bill.
Off the subject. . Is/has any one found they ate less in the first tri? I am eating frequently, but like today I had a banana for breakfast burger king for an early lunch, small plate of mac and cheese 4 hours later, and now I'm waiting on a panini my DH is making. It doesn't seem like that would be enough calories for a twin pregnancy does it? My original wieght was 137 I weighed in at 140 today. So at least I have gained 3 pounds.

All 3 of the companies that my insurance deals with offers the same Medela pump (amongst 2 other brands). That's the one I'm requesting. I've read that it's the same as this one without the extra carry bag and other misc. accessories, though it includes all vital parts.

https://www.amazon.com/Medela-Pump-...sr=1-1&keywords=medela+pump+in+style+advanced

Ouch! $90k. I hope you get good news when you talk to your insurance. :hugs:

Hey, ladies, made it! I need to wait for my 3-hour test until sometimes mid next week. Hope I pass this one! So far the only test I passed was pregnancy lol. Failed anemia twice, one hour glucose too.

I gained so far about 18-19 lbs which is pretty good considering twin mommas should gain 24 lbs by 24 weeks. To prevent preterm labor. So hopefully I'm on track, though some weeks are more stressful than others so gain not much if any. Then I catch up next week. I know I put on like 10-11 inches around my waist.

Sorry Megan isn't joining us. I sent her a PM yesterday but no response. Glad all y'all could join!

Hey, ladies, made it! I need to wait for my 3-hour test until sometimes mid next week. Hope I pass this one! So far the only test I passed was pregnancy lol. Failed anemia twice, one hour glucose too.

I gained so far about 18-19 lbs which is pretty good considering twin mommas should gain 24 lbs by 24 weeks. To prevent preterm labor. So hopefully I'm on track, though some weeks are more stressful than others so gain not much if any. Then I catch up next week. I know I put on like 10-11 inches around my waist.

Sorry Megan isn't joining us. I sent her a PM yesterday but no response. Glad all y'all could join!

I failed the anemia one, too. I'm waiting on the results from the 3-hour test now. Remember to bring something to keep yourself occupied. It won't be too bad. :hugs:

It sounds like your weight gain is likely on track. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Thanks for the replies regarding the progesterone. I called and asked, and they said my levels were well over 100 and only need to be greater than 20, so didn't recommend I stay on it because my body is demonstrating that it has kicked in its own supply.

I failed the anemia one, too. I'm waiting on the results from the 3-hour test now. Remember to bring something to keep yourself occupied. It won't be too bad. :hugs:

It sounds like your weight gain is likely on track. Keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Oh no, I meant wait for the results till next week! Test done.

I'm here as well!

More lurking than anything till my u/s on Thursday :)

Thank you for the invite :)!

I have a question. I worry a little because my peanut was very small at my first ultrasound. Dr said I should be ok but it didnt sound really convincing. I took pregnancy test clearblue with week estimator yesterday and it showed I'm 5+ weeks pregnant. On Thursday it was still showing 4-5 weeks pregnant. Do you think it would change if the pregnancy would not be progressing?

Koshka, I'm not really sure. But i have heard that is not that reliable and I've also heard about women's hcg levels going down.. In fact one of these ladies was telling another not to test agsin because it cause undue stress. So don't worry. Testing later isn't a good idea. But if you get really worried, see if you can get another beta or u/s.

Koshka, I'm not really sure. But i have heard that is not that reliable and I've also heard about women's hcg levels going down.. In fact one of these ladies was telling another not to test agsin because it cause undue stress. So don't worry. Testing later isn't a good idea. But if you get really worried, see if you can get another beta or u/s.

I'm going back this coming Monday. Almost there ;) And pregnancies were supposed be stress free ;))) How are you feeling?

I threw my sis in law a baby "sprinkle" for her 3rd baby (first girl) so I believe you should have a shower if your friends want to throw it for you!

I was against big shower where it takes hours to unwrap presents, games etc. At the end I agreed to a small lunch shower at work and that's it. Everyone's happy. I have always been like that. I was forced into my bridal shower. I'd rather get and buy stuff ahead of time and things I like and want. But I guess a few extra things won't hurt. Twins are expensive already!

Katie, you found us!

Ok, you guys just made me more curious as to why we switched threads.:haha:

flagirlie, how do you guys set up crib(s) for the twins? do they sleep in the same one? I just thought of that LOL!

Katie, you found us!

Ok, you guys just made me more curious as to why we switched threads.:haha:

flagirlie, how do you guys set up crib(s) for the twins? do they sleep in the same one? I just thought of that LOL!

For now we are going with twin bassinets on top of a playard.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 0
Hi girls, hate to be a downer but I'm freaking out! I started spotting this morning, just brown blood and a bit of cramping. I called my docs office and they said to take it easy and wait and if the blood gets to be red or the cramps get worse to go to ER. I am trying to stay calm but it's so hard! Anyone else had spotting? I'm on progesterone and this has never happened before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->