IVF BFP 'S .. The journey, the hope, the success.

I did! It was a subc. hemorrhage (like a bruise) at around the same time you're at. I also spotted around week 12 and 16 for no reason and I am spotting now because of a UTI! My doctor is not concerned (even though I have been) and says some women just spot!

Thanks Alika! But did you have any cramping? I have a lot of gurgling going on in the abdomen and a bit of cramping, not quite AF- like,but different than what I've felt so far. I'm afraid it's not good... Ugh...

I did not have cramping but that could just be your bowel. If it's brown blood it's not concerning. My doctor said while bleeding is not normal, it's very common in pregnancy. Try to stay calm (I know easier said than done) and wait it out! Potentially it will stop as quickly as it came!

I had lots of cramping early on! Felt like period cramps, but not that strong and sometimes constant... And once found brown blood on the applicator, kinda freaked out (7 weeks) but they say no worries, just maybe old implantation blood. Unless it gets worse (like cramps, stronger flow and bright red)...

Do you mind if I join you? I transferred 2 blastocysts in November and am now 19w4d pregnant with one baby. We just had our 19 week scan and found out we are having a girl.

mizuno, I also had bleeding during this pregnancy. I had a huge bleed at 6 weeks, it was like a heavy period. I also spotted on and off until 14 weeks. It's very scary, but my doctor said some people just bleed for no reason while pregnant.

Mizuno - did you and SO have any sexy times? I know your cervix is super sensitive now, so sex can cause spotting... Also. I think Crinone can too... It can irritate the cervix. I have never had spotting, but I would suggest drinking lots and lots of water and take it easy!!!
I did have a lot of cramping though.

Welcome Patchey!!! I'm team pink too :)

Chickadeedee, no we haven't BDed since the transfer.
Anyway, I'm on bed rest and waiting to see how this plays our, but I have to say I'm not very hopeful. My BBs feel just like they do before I get my period, and the cramps, though not bad, are pretty much always there in the background, like constant pressure on my abdomen. I also have these pulley cramps on both sides of my abdomen, which I've never felt before. So sorry to be such a downer... I'll stop complaining and let you know when I have more concrete information.

There is no such thing as too much complaining! We all understand you! Keep us posted!!!! Any change in texture or color? Are we still talking brown blood? Has it gotten more?

Allika, no it hasn't gotten worse. Just specks of brown but the cramps worry me. I am also on fragmin (anticoagulant) so I've just injected and am worried that this might make the bleeding worse. But they told me to continue my drugs as usual so we'll see. Thanks for your concern!

Mizuno praying everything works out well and it will just end on a scare. I had few friends who also bled at the beginning of their pregnancies and they both have beautiful baby girls :) They were on a bed rest for a while. I know its hard but try to stay positive and dont loose hope. We are here for you.

Mizuno, I was told to only insert the applicator like an inch. It can cause bleeding. Also cramping could be your bowels. I wouldn't worry too much.

Flagirlie7, check the reviews on that twin bassinet. I was excited to find it but decided against it after reading that the center trends to sag. For my first set of twins I used a portable playard bassinet and then the shared a crib and then into 2 separate cribs side by side. Bad idea. They will shred diapers and share the goodies. This time space is an issue. I found that the cross at ikea are small enough to fit at the foot of my bed. I will be using that. It had adjustable hieght.

Also mizuno, I have pulling pains all the time. My guess is that your uterus is starting to stretch. It causes me medium cramping sometime constant. Ok usually constant. Then the pulling muscle feelings started lower left abdomen, then right, back to left. They've gradually worked thier way up. Now I get them every where as I'm getting big fast. Today is hurting right above my c section scar. Wondering if the scar tissue is making it more uncomfortable for me.

The pulling on both sides of your stomach is definetly your uterus. Just talked to my doctor about this! Round ligament pain, actually... She said imagine that you have never done a certain kind of exercise and then you go out and do a lot of it. You are super sore afterwards.. This is the same thing - your body has never really used those particular muscles like thine this!
I'm not telling you not to worry because that's all we do is worry.... But don't feel bad about sharing your concerns. That's what we are here for!
Now, are you calling your doctor today!!!???

Chickadeedee, no we haven't BDed since the transfer.
Anyway, I'm on bed rest and waiting to see how this plays our, but I have to say I'm not very hopeful. My BBs feel just like they do before I get my period, and the cramps, though not bad, are pretty much always there in the background, like constant pressure on my abdomen. I also have these pulley cramps on both sides of my abdomen, which I've never felt before. So sorry to be such a downer... I'll stop complaining and let you know when I have more concrete information.

All of this sounds completely normal. There's no "right" way for your BBs to feel right now, and I definitely had that pressure feeling early on (my doctor said it was the uterus stretching). I know it's hard, but try not to worry. Keep us updated, and please don't feel like you can't share your feelings or concerns here. :hugs:

Welcome, Patchey! We're having a little girl, too! :kiss:

I finally got my glucose results this morning. All 4 blood draws show levels that are completely normal. No GD - Phew!! :thumbup:

@flagirlie: don't worry! It's not so bad! You just have to prick your finger two hours after each meal! I am currently doing it as a precaution. I couldn't keep the drink down and so far only one of my values came back above limit (I had two toasts with nutella).

It happens to help a lot if you have protein with your meal. Everytime I had protein my blood sugar was just fine!

Disney, that's great that your glucose test was normal! I didn't call my do today, there is no point - she's away till Thursday, and they won't let me come in before then. They just said if it gets bad go to ER. Right now I'm still having these brown specks every once in a while when I wipe, but the cramps have gotten better.
I'm just gonna have to tough it out for a bit. The worrying is killing me and since I'm on bed rest, there is nothing to occupy myself with (I didn't realise daytime tv is such garbage :) - but beats working).

Flagirlie, sorry to hear that you have GD. Hopefully you don't have to make too many adjustments to your diet?

Thanks, everyone, not the greatest news. I love sugar! But hey, anything for the little ones, right? I have to test my blood sugar 4 times a day, before eating in the AM and then after each meal. I think thats by far the worst part. No simple or concentrated carbs and have to take some educational class. If the diet alone does not help, move to oral meds, and if needed even to insulin. Hope I can get through next 4 months somehow...

In addition, they moved my U/S to tomorrow, yay, and also added a doc appt (for some reason, besides talking to MFM, did not see regular doc last time at 17 wks and was not supposed to again this time, so strange), well now they wanna watch me like a hog I guess. Definitely a high risk pregnancy now!

Disney great news :)
Mizuno how are you feeling?
Flagirlie good luck on your u/s :)!

I didnt get the best news today. My baby was still to small and there was no heartbeat :( Dr is not optimistic and basically told me to prepare for miscarriage. Im going back on Monday and if its still wint happen by than tgey will induce it. Im absolutely heartbroken. After having 3 ectopic
pregnancies I thiught this baby is meant for us. Today I will probably be mad and keep crying but like my husbamd said tomorrow is a new day and we can still try it again later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->