IVF Cycle in August

Hi Emmi, fx it's implantation, how many days since ET?

I'm not to sure what the progesterone does! :wacko: I know it helps make the womb lining remain thick so that the embie can implant but I don't think it stops AF from coming. Sorry I can't be more helpful!:dohh:

:hugs:

Thanks Lexus - so much conflicting stuff on the internet! But I think AF is due 2 weeks after EC so the cramps are too early for that - well I hope!

I am now 7 days passed my transfer of a 2 day old embies. So 7 days passed should be the morula burying further.....praying so hard that this is what it is!!

Hope that you are doing okay and still on cloud 9!!

xxxx

Thanks ladies, now I get to join you in the crazy two week wait. Those pregnant so far, any tips on what you did or didn't do?? xx

So I did eat the pineapple core over the five days after transfer. No caffeine. Lots of gatoragde and coconu water. Didn't do Anything day of transfer but life went back to normal the next day at work. Biked once a week for an hour and did 15 mins of either weights or yoga with no inversions. No herbal teas and avoided cinnamon, rosemary, sage (this was me being really paranoid eating small amounts of them is fine...). Acupuncture day of transfer and then once a week after. Heating pad on low on day of transfer for a few minutes now and then but then stopped. Also I quit soy milk a few months ago.

Of course we don't know if any of these things help or hurt but it's what I felt like doing for my body. In general I am pretty active and have a stupidly stressful job so I tried to keep up workouts to help with stress.

Sorry for the long rambling post... Hope that this helps baby dancing, but mostly just take care of yourself and breathe :)

Qwerty nice to hear that you kept active during your 2ww..my hospital said no to the gym or classes & when I spoke to the nurse yesterday she still said no!

What program do you use with the weights? What do you think of yoga? I was thinking of doing something 'gentle' as my body is crying out for a hardcore workout! :bike:
Lexus I use this cheesy video from Jackie Warner. I only use 5 lb weights or 3 lbs but it does feel good. I love yoga and have been practicing for about 15 years now so I have definitely tapered off to gentle poses. Try youtube for pregnancy yoga videos. There are some great ones. Just avoid any inversions. Down dog is fine. Use pillows or books as props to keep your pelvis comfy and to feel safe. To be clear I certainly turned down the volume of workouts after retrieval so your clinic is not giving you bad advice... I just needed to keep doing something and it hasn't been uncomfortable so I will keep it up for now.

Btw I totally don't feel pregnant at all ladies so don't be worried or discouraged!

I'm not to sure what the progesterone does! :wacko: I know it helps make the womb lining remain thick so that the embie can implant but I don't think it stops AF from coming. Sorry I can't be more helpful!:dohh:

Thanks Lexus - so much conflicting stuff on the internet! But I think AF is due 2 weeks after EC so the cramps are too early for that - well I hope!

I am now 7 days passed my transfer of a 2 day old embies. So 7 days passed should be the morula burying further.....praying so hard that this is what it is!!

xxxx
Hi emmi I think it does keep AF away. But you and Lexus are right you are too early for AF anyway and I totally think it's perfect timing fir implantation. Hope that they aren't too painful to keep you up at night. How are you feeling otherwise?

xxxx
Hi emmi I think it does keep AF away. But you and Lexus are right you are too early for AF anyway and I totally think it's perfect timing fir implantation. Hope that they aren't too painful to keep you up at night. How are you feeling otherwise?

Hi Qwerty - usually, my period cramps start about 3 or 4 days before so I am hoping it's not that! I pray that it's implantation!! It's all so confusing!!!!! Last night was the first time they really kicked in so that would've been nearly a week before AFs due date. I have no other symptoms other then these cramps!
I am okay but finding this wait totally horrific!!! It's not like you can prepare or do something for the deadline - just leaves you in limbo:wacko:

I am very emotional but I just put that down to the stress - I was soooo horrible to hubby last night and the poor Love just takes it!!!
Making him a nice curry feast to say sorry :winkwink:

xxx

Good morning ladies - hope that you are all well!!

I started having extreme cramps last night - kind of period ones! Don't know what to think - progesterone, AF or implantation:wacko:

So ladies - am getting confused with what I am reading about progesterone. Does it keep AF away??? I am on the vaginal ones 2 times a day - 12 hours apart.

Thankyou!!

xxx

I had cramps too Emmi. I swore AF was coming. I mean so much so I ran to the bathroom, and I even had gushes of water (tmi sorry) and thought it was AF, but I think it was from the progesterone. I have also heard that the progesterone does keep AF away. But hang in there, I had all the symptoms of AF coming, even the bad headaches a the lower backaches. :hugs:

I started having extreme cramps last night - kind of period ones! Don't know what to think - progesterone, AF or implantation:wacko:

So ladies - am getting confused with what I am reading about progesterone. Does it keep AF away??? I am on the vaginal ones 2 times a day - 12 hours apart.

Thankyou!!

xxx

I had cramps too Emmi. I swore AF was coming. I mean so much so I ran to the bathroom, and I even had gushes of water (tmi sorry) and thought it was AF, but I think it was from the progesterone. I have also heard that the progesterone does keep AF away. But hang in there, I had all the symptoms of AF coming, even the bad headaches a the lower backaches. :hugs:

OMG - yes yes - gushes of water!! Through the night, I kinda feel wet (sorry tmi) and I think AF has come or I have bloody wet myself!!! But I think it's the progesterone!!

Yep - feels like a AF - though a lot earlier and in my lower abdomen.....Gawd!!!

Hope that you are doing good and still walking on air!!!!

xxxx

Thankyou!!

xxx

OMG - yes yes - gushes of water!! Through the night, I kinda feel wet (sorry tmi) and I think AF has come or I have bloody wet myself!!! But I think it's the progesterone!!

Yep - feels like a AF - though a lot earlier and in my lower abdomen.....Gawd!!!

xxxx

These are all the same things I went through. My cramps ended up going away through out the day and then would show back up in the middle of the night. One time it was so so bad that I couldn't get back to sleep.

I am doing good, so irritable, LOL but that's a given with all my crazy hormones. I just want to lay in bed with a book and ignore the world for a day. I have a stressful job, so it wears me out. I still can't believe I'm pregnant. I wake up every morning and I'm like, OMG I'm pregnant. LOL It's amazing! Although I don't feel pregnant. I can't wait to start showing.

Thankyou!!

xxx

xxxx

These are all the same things I went through. My cramps ended up going away through out the day and then would show back up in the middle of the night. One time it was so so bad that I couldn't get back to sleep.

I am doing good, so irritable, LOL but that's a given with all my crazy hormones. I just want to lay in bed with a book and ignore the world for a day. I have a stressful job, so it wears me out. I still can't believe I'm pregnant. I wake up every morning and I'm like, OMG I'm pregnant. LOL It's amazing! Although I don't feel pregnant. I can't wait to start showing.

Yep - the cramps aren't so bad during the day but they kept me awake last night so am tired and cranky now.....

Awww bless you - it's all such an emotional roller coaster so natural to feel all over the place. No stress remember so just make sure you take it all in your stride. Ah yes - that wonderful feeling when you start showing. I am sure it won't be too long as you are so gorgeous and slim! With me - I bet people will just think I have eaten all the pies again :wacko:

xxx

Thankyou!!

xxx

xxxx

Yep - the cramps aren't so bad during the day but they kept me awake last night so am tired and cranky now.....

Awww bless you - it's all such an emotional roller coaster so natural to feel all over the place. No stress remember so just make sure you take it all in your stride. Ah yes - that wonderful feeling when you start showing. I am sure it won't be too long as you are so gorgeous and slim! With me - I bet people will just think I have eaten all the pies again :wacko:

xxx

Emmi - LOL I am sure you look gorgeous :winkwink: and pies are good!!! I am sure these pains are your little baba getting comfortable - not much longer to wait. Pains, wetting myself and crazy hormones - i have all this to look forward too x

Just wanted to post quickly that at my scan today we saw little heartbeat at 128 bpm and measured fetus at 3.9! I was trying to hold still so doctor could measure heartbeat but also crane my neck to peek so suppressed my crying but husband was losing it next to me :) our dr was so happy and is looking into the lab why that number might have been so off.

Will have to catch up on your posts later! And will try to put up a pic... Although it doesn't do it justice.

Qwerty - what a relief, I am so pleased for you and your hubby. :hugs:

Thankyou!!

xxx

xxxx

xxx

HAHAH on no, I weigh about 170, so I am not at all slim, but now I just let it all hang out, plus you can't suck in the bloat. HAHAH I am hoping I will lose some weight with the no appetite thing, but that's juts wishful thinking LOL.

You are going to look fabulous with your bump, and I can't wait to see it!!!!:happydance:

Had my 3rd scan today and I am ready to go.... yippiee!! :happydance:

I have 6 follies that are a good size and still a few small ones but I am ok with 6, just keeping my fingers crossed that there are some good eggs in there. I trigger tonight at 9.30pm, a little nervous because the OH is in Liverpool on a conference so i am on my own. Then egg collection at 9.30am on Friday - one stage down, 3 more to go!!

Thankyou!!

xxx

xxxx

xxx

HAHAH on no, I weigh about 170, so I am not at all slim, but now I just let it all hang out, plus you can't suck in the bloat. HAHAH I am hoping I will lose some weight with the no appetite thing, but that's juts wishful thinking LOL.

You are going to look fabulous with your bump, and I can't wait to see it!!!!:happydance:

You are gorge in all your piccies!! But I think as you go through this difficult journey - your weight takes a back seat. It's all about healthy eating and doing whats best for the IVF and then for little baba.

Ahhh - I so hope that I am pregnant.....It's all so difficult - I swing from thinking that it's failed (and then cry nonstop:cry:) to thinking that maybe it will be okay. I am such a positive person but the doubts really do surface when it comes to this.....Makes you proper loony tunes!!!

xxx

I have 6 follies that are a good size and still a few small ones but I am ok with 6, just keeping my fingers crossed that there are some good eggs in there. I trigger tonight at 9.30pm, a little nervous because the OH is in Liverpool on a conference so i am on my own. Then egg collection at 9.30am on Friday - one stage down, 3 more to go!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

WOOP!!! It's getting closer and closer OMG!!! So exciting!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou!!

xxx

xxxx

xxx

You are gorge in all your piccies!! But I think as you go through this difficult journey - your weight takes a back seat. It's all about healthy eating and doing whats best for the IVF and then for little baba.

Ahhh - I so hope that I am pregnant.....It's all so difficult - I swing from thinking that it's failed (and then cry nonstop:cry:) to thinking that maybe it will be okay. I am such a positive person but the doubts really do surface when it comes to this.....Makes you proper loony tunes!!!

xxx

You are so sweet! Thank you.

I felt the exact same way. I am a super positive person and at the beginning I kept saying I was pregnant, which I ws until proven other wise, but I was so happy and on cloud nine that my little super baby was in there.

Then I think I was trying to shield myself from being disappointed and was telling myself, that I am just imagining all these crazy symptoms and that all I was feeling was from the meds. I remember walking into work after my beta test thinking, there's no way. I know I'm not pregnant.

It's one hell of a ride. It's so hard to think either way, pregnant or not becasue you just don't know. That's the part that drove me bonkers. The not knowing.

I am praying for you and your little bean and I just know this is it for you!!! <3 Sending you lots of love!!!!

Oh fabulous news Honey!! And remember - each follie may have more than one egg!! You will be fine with the trigger - lots of deep breathes and take it slowly! I prepared mine a few mins before (had to keep my pregnyl in the fridge) and then was ready to inject at the right time. And Friday will soon be here!!

Nearly there Pinkie:happydance:

xxxx

Oh fabulous news Honey!! And remember - each follie may have more than one egg!! You will be fine with the trigger - lots of deep breathes and take it slowly! I prepared mine a few mins before (had to keep my pregnyl in the fridge) and then was ready to inject at the right time. And Friday will soon be here!!

Nearly there Pinkie:happydance:

xxxx

Oh yes! I remember when I was all set to do my trigger and then I realized I had to take it out of the fridge and let it get to room temp. OOPS. I also jumped up and down and kissed my hubby afterwards. I was way excited about the trigger. I am so excited for you Pinkie!:happydance:

Thankyou!!

xxx

xxxx

xxx

xxx

You are so sweet! Thank you.

I felt the exact same way. I am a super positive person and at the beginning I kept saying I was pregnant, which I ws until proven other wise, but I was so happy and on cloud nine that my little super baby was in there.

Then I think I was trying to shield myself from being disappointed and was telling myself, that I am just imagining all these crazy symptoms and that all I was feeling was from the meds. I remember walking into work after my beta test thinking, there's no way. I know I'm not pregnant.

It's one hell of a ride. It's so hard to think either way, pregnant or not becasue you just don't know. That's the part that drove me bonkers. The not knowing.

I am praying for you and your little bean and I just know this is it for you!!! <3 Sending you lots of love!!!!

It's all so difficult as every woman has such different symptoms - in fact I found a great website where women post their symptoms after they got their BFP's and every single woman was different!!!

https://www.twoweekwait.com/bfp-with-ivf

Yep - its the not knowing that's a killer. And swimming is one thing that keeps me sane - love being in the water but obviously - that's a big no no - sheesh.:wacko:

Thank you Sweetie - I keep telling God/The Universe/Buddha/Lord Shiva that I really deserve to be a mama and it must be my time now. You get so tired of being happy for everyone else with their good news and you just want a little bit of happiness for yourself.

Well time will tell!!!

xxxx

yay pinkie! congrats! you will do great. I feel like the ovidrel needle was so tiny compared even to the other shots. just get it out an hour before so it doesn't sting too bad.

ooo so excited for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->