IVF - For those in January?? (Nov. is long gone!)

Sarah thats how my 11dp5dt test looked!! How exciting!!!! I can't wait to hear your beta! I bet its nice and high!! Congrats!!

My IC test this am (I am out of FRER) the test line was almost darker than the control line!! So I am remaining hopeful :) BHCG repeat monday. When do you repeat yours Sarah??? I hope its great news for us both! FX!

so was 11dp5dt when you had an 82 beta?

if its good I repeat on monday :happydance: FX'd for us all!!!

yes 11dp5dt beta was 82. (technically only 10.5dpt since i did blood soearly)

Thanks Ladies!! Feeling crampy today. Anyone else have that after transfer???

Hi I just wanted to tag on and see what everyone's opinions are on how many embryos to transfer. On Monday I will be having my 5 day transfer, with 8 emybros currently looking good. I am 30, with unexplained infertility and no other issues. My re said they will suggest a single embryo transfer, but give me the option of transferring 2! Hardest decision of my life! Any input would be greatly appreciate. I have a 2 yr old, which also factors into my decision too! And we paid out of pocket for this ivf cycle. Someone please help!!

We transferred 2 embryos. I have a 3 year old daughter too, multiples did scare me a little bit but like you we paid 100% out of pocket. We wanted to do anything that would give us the best odds possible.

I felt pretty comfortable with transferring 2, so I went with my gut. We even considered 3 but RE said it wasn't necessary.

Good luck :)

I would do 2 just because of the better odds. Totally up to you though and we paid out of pocket as well.

Hi I just wanted to tag on and see what everyone's opinions are on how many embryos to transfer. On Monday I will be having my 5 day transfer, with 8 emybros currently looking good. I am 30, with unexplained infertility and no other issues. My re said they will suggest a single embryo transfer, but give me the option of transferring 2! Hardest decision of my life! Any input would be greatly appreciate. I have a 2 yr old, which also factors into my decision too! And we paid out of pocket for this ivf cycle. Someone please help!!

I think the decision needs to come on the day when you find out how many you have left. If you have lots left from the 8 and are going to freeze some anyway you could just do one and freeze the rest. If it doesnt work then try 2 next time. But If you only have 2 left you may decide you dont want the freezing cost and put in the 2. how would you feel about twins? and how much do they charge you each frozen transfer?

for me I didnt want twins (fear of carrying 2 babies mainly) and so I chose a single blast transfer. I had 8 frozen and it was going to cost me $1200 per frozen transfer (this is ontop of the $10,000 I paid for my fresh cycle that failed), and i figured even if it took 3 or 4 months it was worth the cost to just have the 1 baby. But most people on here do 2 as they want the best chances possible. I was prepared for it to take longer by just implanting one at a time.

good luck!!

Sarah, HUGE congrats on your bfp!!! :happydance:. your situation sounds exactly the same as mine. As of now there are 8 embryos (who knows what 2 more days will bring), we paid $10,000 and each frozen transfer is $2100. I would rather not have twins mainly bc I am a nicu nurse... And bc of my 2 year old daughter, who I feel would suffer as a result. But after a year of failed iui's and a miscarriage, I'm not sure how much more I can handle and would probably rather twins than another bfn! All I want is to know for sure who will stick, and then decide!!:haha:
Thank you everyone for your input. It's all so comforting:hugs:

Teta-We had 9 embryos frozen from my IVF in December. They did not do a transfer because I was so hyperstimmed. We made the thaw early this week and by Friday (transfer day) only 2 were left and had made it to blast. There wasn't a doubt in my mind they it was all or nothing. If I had paid to freeze the singleton, that baby could have died at any point from the freezing process. That and my clinic charges nearly 5K for a FET!!! So there was no way I was coming back.

i paid out of pocket for 2 cycles and transferred 2. i am 29 with male factor. I would transfer what you are comfortable with. my first cycle 2 perfect blasts and bfn. 2nd cycle so far bfp but waiting on tomorrows beta to see if viable. for me transferring 2 was a reassurance because if i got a bfn with 1 i would have been extremely angry with myself but with 2 i know i did as much as i could. good luck!

Thank you so much for your replies. It really helps to hear everyone's input and reasoning. I know it's going to end up being a last min decision based on what they have to say about the embryos, there is just too much I don't know yet to make an informed decision. My gut is telling me 2, so that I can have one as "backup", but I think that is my miscarriage experience talking. (FYI I miscarried IDENTICAL twins in July, resulting from iui, a chromosomal abnormality- prob should have mentioned that!) But I know that one is safer and would be better for our family. At the same time I know that if I do have twins, it will feel like It was always meant to be!

any update Sarah :) im sure your levels are awesome!

im getting nervous about tomorrows beta! i hate the wait for the phone call. it comes around 11ish....i get all shaky and nervous.... praying for great numbers!!

sorry just got back from a family dinner! I called into the clinic on the way to the church at 12 noon and they didnt have my results from the lab yet :growlmad: so I had to wait till we were done church and in the car away from my inlaws and get my home messages. so my beta is....

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

I have to go and get another done tomorrow, so will know those results on tuesday. hope it doubles [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

mobaby hope your numbers are doing really well tomorrow [-o<[-o<[-o<[-o<

Sarah! That's awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

My transfer is tomorrow morning, please send that baby dust my way!!! Any tips for me???

Sarah! That's awesome!!!! I'm so happy for you!!

My transfer is tomorrow morning, please send that baby dust my way!!! Any tips for me???

good luck!!! I dont have any tips really...I rested for 2 day in bed then 2 days took it easy. I ate pineapple core for 3 days. I tried to stay positive. Let us know how it goes :hugs::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Congrats sarah :happydance::happydance::happydance:
That's sooooo exciting, so happy for you!!

Dis3tnd, I also have my transfer tomorrow morning! Good luck to you. Trying not to be nervous.... Easier said that done. Acupuncture before and after transfer at the clinic so that will help.

GOOD LUCK!!!

So exciting we have the same transfer day! I had my 'before' acupuncture this morning, and my 'after' will be right after the transfer....

Nervous, anxious, excited, hoping this is it!

sarah!! omg im jealous of your numbers!!! congrats!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->