• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF - For those in January?? (Nov. is long gone!)

PCOSMom - How exciting to already be at your official gender scan!! Hopefuly no suprises though!! How I wish I was in your shoes, when the ultrasound is exciting not scary.... I still have to wait 2 weeks, as they're not doing my 7 week scan until I'm almost 8 weeks....

I was SO nervous at all my 1st trimester scans!

I was so scared I had my fertility clinic do scans at:

5 weeks 1 day
6 weeks 4 days
7 weeks 3 days
8 weeks 4 days
9 weeks 2 days
13 weeks

Thankfully they didn't think I was too crazy, just a super worried momma!

I still get super nervous for every scan as my sister has had 5 miscarriages and most of them were 2nd trimester losses. I am at the same age as her when she started miscarrying so that weighs very heavily on my mind, especially since my miscarriage last March.

I try to treasure of moment, of every day, of every week that my lil man is still going strong. I also pray to God that he keeps my muffin out of harms way.

There's many stepping stones along the way to having a healthy baby. Each stone becoming more important than the last. Once we jump on that finally stone (labor), we can finally breathe a sigh of relief and hold our lil monkies in our arms ... forever.

we have a heartbeat
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

omg what a sound! I burst out crying straight away.

so Im waiting to go in and im already tearing up as so nervous and still feeling shakey due to being in bed all week. they call me in and insert the vaginal ultrasound. after a minute she says 'well theres definitely a uterine pregnancy' and then there was silence which felt like ages. and then suddenly a heartbeat sound filled the room :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: it was the best sound Ive ever heard! the heartbeat was 156bpm.

Im measuring 7 weeks 4 days, no idea what that means as Im 7 weeks today going from LMP. so happy, just 5 more weeks to get through, and this darn sickness (but today made it more bearable) :cloud9:

mobaby you are still in my thoughts, and am hoping that your next cycle will give you success. is there anything they can do to change the protocol? I wonder if you are not stimming quite right. would you consider a 2nd opinion from another clinic?

Congrats Sarah on a WONDERFUL scan!

At 10 weeks I was able to hear my babies heartbeat on an at home doppler!

Should you be interested, that's only 3 weeks away :) It has provided me such peace between appts :)

PCOSMom - How exciting to already be at your official gender scan!! Hopefuly no suprises though!! How I wish I was in your shoes, when the ultrasound is exciting not scary.... I still have to wait 2 weeks, as they're not doing my 7 week scan until I'm almost 8 weeks....

I was SO nervous at all my 1st trimester scans!

I was so scared I had my fertility clinic do scans at:

5 weeks 1 day
6 weeks 4 days
7 weeks 3 days
8 weeks 4 days
9 weeks 2 days
13 weeks

Thankfully they didn't think I was too crazy, just a super worried momma!

I still get super nervous for every scan as my sister has had 5 miscarriages and most of them were 2nd trimester losses. I am at the same age as her when she started miscarrying so that weighs very heavily on my mind, especially since my miscarriage last March.

I try to treasure of moment, of every day, of every week that my lil man is still going strong. I also pray to God that he keeps my muffin out of harms way.

There's many stepping stones along the way to having a healthy baby. Each stone becoming more important than the last. Once we jump on that finally stone (labor), we can finally breathe a sigh of relief and hold our lil monkies in our arms ... forever.

So jealous! My clinic won't listen to me, we're super worried after our chemical last time.

I'm so sorry to hear what your sister has been through! Must be so hard! As well as your miscarriage. Life can be so difficult sometimes.

I haven't really been happy yet, too scared, but I am also praying to God everyday that he keeps my bubba safe.

yes I definitely want to get one! do you recommend a certain brand?

cant wait for your gender scan! you have a little girl right? a boy would be lovely too!

we have a heartbeat
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

omg what a sound! I burst out crying straight away.

so Im waiting to go in and im already tearing up as so nervous and still feeling shakey due to being in bed all week. they call me in and insert the vaginal ultrasound. after a minute she says 'well theres definitely a uterine pregnancy' and then there was silence which felt like ages. and then suddenly a heartbeat sound filled the room :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: it was the best sound Ive ever heard! the heartbeat was 156bpm.

Im measuring 7 weeks 4 days, no idea what that means as Im 7 weeks today going from LMP. so happy, just 5 more weeks to get through, and this darn sickness (but today made it more bearable) :cloud9:

mobaby you are still in my thoughts, and am hoping that your next cycle will give you success. is there anything they can do to change the protocol? I wonder if you are not stimming quite right. would you consider a 2nd opinion from another clinic?

Ohhh Sarah I am sooo happy for you! I teared up just reading your experience!!!

And yes, like PCOSMom suggested, definitely think of an at home doppler. I can't wait until I'm there (fingers crossed). There are lots of Canadian places that let you rent monthly for about $35....

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin:
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

That's the most exciting news ever Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, ITS OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL!!!!!!

I have the HiBebe doppler (the $99 one) https://www.healthchecksystems.com/hi_bebe_fetal_doppler_bt200.htm
If you are interested in that one, they are offering 5% off now.

I have also heard good reviews on the Sonoline B
https://www.fetaldoppler.net/sonoline-b.html
It is a bit cheaper, like $50

I used my doppler daily (maybe even twice a day :blush:)

Sarah I think you are considered 7 weeks 3 days today because it goes from the day of your retrieval (which is considered 2 weeks). So your little one is right on the mark!!

When I was pg with dd I used my Doppler 10 times a day:haha:
DH wanted to kill me! I had to sneak it sometimes! I even brought it on vacation with me, twice! :haha:

Post 4074 ... here is my Hi Bebe fetal monitor ... :) First time I heard baby at home

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-journals/578776-moving-408.html

Sarah I think you are considered 7 weeks 3 days today because it goes from the day of your retrieval (which is considered 2 weeks). So your little one is right on the mark!!

oh thats interesting, so it doesnt matter when your retrieval was (early or late) they consider that 2 weeks?. most of the tickers go from lmp so its confusing.

When I was pg with dd I used my Doppler 10 times a day:haha:
DH wanted to kill me! I had to sneak it sometimes! I even brought it on vacation with me, twice! :haha:

HAHA! Funny you say that, we went on a cruise last month for 8 days and I packed my monitor in my suitcase. Used it ALLLLLL the time.

Sarah, here's the rental website in case you want to rent vs buy:

https://www.tummytickles.com/doppler_rentals.html

oh thats interesting, so it doesnt matter when your retrieval was (early or late) they consider that 2 weeks?. most of the tickers go from lmp so its confusing.

Yeah it doesn't matter when your lmp was, you are considered 2 weeks at retrieval (aka conception). Bc in the real world, your lmp would have been two weeks before you ovulated, which is the retrieval day. It's very confusing, but just count your retrieval day at 2 weeks and count from there!

sarah! how freaking exciting!! im sooo happy for you!! nice and strong heartbeat and right on track!!

i dont think i want to change clinics...they are doing a great job and have a higher success rate than the other one i would consider. and i like my dr and i feel like we have been through so much with them that changing would not be the right solution now. the stimms have been fine but i am going to ask to maybe start a little higher next cycle as my day 3 estradiol has always been on the low side. it always bounces up by the next time but starting low concerns me. i also think i may have froze m meds last time as i was thinking about it and realized i had them on the blower which is the coldest part of the fridge....but i will discuss on mar 19 when i go back. no one could have predicted the miscarriage; just a freak of nature most likely. if after a third round we are taking a year or more off and then we will go to the other clinic but im not thinking about a third failure.

sarah again im sooo excited for you! cant wait to hear about the others!!

Sarah this is AWESOME NEWS!!! I'm SO happy for you!!!!

I hadn't ever thought about a doppler before but I might have to get one if my IVF is successful!!

Yeah it doesn't matter when your lmp was, you are considered 2 weeks at retrieval (aka conception). Bc in the real world, your lmp would have been two weeks before you ovulated, which is the retrieval day. It's very confusing, but just count your retrieval day at 2 weeks and count from there!

but in the real work your LMP is not always 2 weeks before ovulation, some people ovulate on day 12, some on day 20. thats why they seem to go by LMP. anyway Ive heard your dates change a lot in the first trimester and the 12 week scan usually more correct, I just need to get there.

hope all the other scans this week are good news too :hugs:

True, but with ivf your dates are always exact since they know the exact date of conception. I only know this bc of my job, I work with premature babies so it is very important to know exact dates. You will always be exactly from the date of your retrieval, since you know when it occurred. Real life is always just a guesstimate! Our life is exact!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->