IVF - For those in January?? (Nov. is long gone!)

Hey everyone!

Had my first dose of Gonal F last night, I'm on 150. We were at a party at the neighbor's and I had to duck out to come home and get it done. It didn't hurt at all, thank goodness! The needle is really small. I have a repeat scan with my doctor on Tuesday. I hope everyone is doing well!

It usually is super easy to do! I should be starting Lupron soon I think. The paperwork says it's IM. Yikes!!!

Is anyone on Metformin? In my last cycle I was on 100mg slow release without any side effects. Now I'm on 500 mg x 2 per day and hate it. Nausea, head feeling disconnected, bloating, tired, could go on and on. Didn't know the stupid pill could cause so much misery!

Hey Janice. I'm taking the 850mg regular tabs. I'm still doing 1/2 tab twice per day, but tomorrow I'll try a whole one in the morning and see how that goes. I'm supposed to be on 850mg twice per day, but you know how the stomach issues go :nope:

Just got all my meds yesterday!
I take my 10 tabs of letrozole tomorrow :)

Good luck to everyone!

Hi JamerC! Looks like we'll be doing ER around the same time:thumbup:. I hope everything is going well.

Hi ladies. I just found out my first round was unsuccessful :sad2: so I'm starting a new round as soon as I get af. Can I join you? (I seem some familiar faces in here) :hi:

Hi Rosa, I'm so sorry to hear that :hugs:. I was following the other thread and was crossing my fingers for you. Of course you can join us!

Sounds like things are getting going for a lot of you ladies!! GOod luck this week to everyone :)

I had my first scan on Saturday...it went MUCh better than last time (last time they canceled my cycle at the 4 day scan) but it still didn't go great. I had 9 follies with the biggest one only being 8mm...and my E2 levels were only 78. I researched on Dr. Google (why do I do that to myself???) and found 78 is pretty low. My doctor/nurse didn't seem concerned and I am hoping I am just a slow responder. My next scan is tomorrow...so hopefully that goes better.

Is anyone on Metformin? In my last cycle I was on 100mg slow release without any side effects. Now I'm on 500 mg x 2 per day and hate it. Nausea, head feeling disconnected, bloating, tired, could go on and on. Didn't know the stupid pill could cause so much misery!

Hey Janice. I'm taking the 850mg regular tabs. I'm still doing 1/2 tab twice per day, but tomorrow I'll try a whole one in the morning and see how that goes. I'm supposed to be on 850mg twice per day, but you know how the stomach issues go :nope:

Hi, i just checked my pills, it's actually 850mg x 2. No wonder I feel whoozie :-(. It's been 2 weeks and I've got to take it until around the 3 rd of nov. Definitely didn't have any side effects last time with the slow release. Now it's hitting me harder. Or maybe age is doing a number on me.

Just a quick update from me - my meds are coming on Friday! :happydance:

I decided to give the clinic a call to see what was happening and they realised that the prescriptions had been filed away :dohh: so just as well I checked really. Anyway, will get everything couriered to me on Friday and will start the BCP as soon as I hit CD1 of the next cycle (prob Monday next week). Also got a nurse consultation booked for 10 November, so will get an idea of dates for EC and other things then - although they did say that I won't have EC before Christmas.

Hooray! I'm now just days away from officially starting IVF :happydance:

Hey everyone, I am due to start my first ivf cycle around nov 1st or 2nd nov. (when period starts). I have been ttc for almost 3 years. Would love to join in as it would be nice to have other to talk to. I am really nervous and excited but also think that nobody around me understands.

I am on 3 - 500mg Metformin tabs a night, blah! I can not wait to be done with them.

Took my 10 femera tabs last night ... let the fun begin.

Katie1981 - Good luck, it is so exciting!

Got the rest of my meds today! Wahoo!! Still need to schedule the water sono since the day got away with me. Grrr... I can't wait to get this show on the road! Oh and to all struggling with the Metformin...count me in! I'm supposed to be doing 1,000 mg at night of the XR and am still at 500 and getting diarrhea multiple times a day still. It's the worst of all the meds I swear!!

Hey everyone, I am due to start my first ivf cycle around nov 1st or 2nd nov. (when period starts). I have been ttc for almost 3 years. Would love to join in as it would be nice to have other to talk to. I am really nervous and excited but also think that nobody around me understands.

Welcome and good luck!!! :hugs:

Hi, i just checked my pills, it's actually 850mg x 2. No wonder I feel whoozie :-(. It's been 2 weeks and I've got to take it until around the 3 rd of nov. Definitely didn't have any side effects last time with the slow release. Now it's hitting me harder. Or maybe age is doing a number on me.

JaniceT- I've found in the past that the ER is much easier on my tummy. This is what they had at the time though, and I didn't want to wait. I managed to take a whole pill this morning, and I'll take another one tonight. I did have to use the facilities, but it wasn't too bad. How are you feeling today?

Sophiebee- Yay for meds :happydance:.

Katie- Hi, and welcome!

Jamer- 3 at a time? That must kill your stomach, you poor thing :nope:. How does femara work? Will you have to take anymore during the cycle?

ILuvbabies- I hear ya! Running to the bathroom is bad enough, when I pass gas my hubby leaves the room :shrug: :haha::haha:

AFM- Just having some lunch at work after coming back from my scan. Things are looking good so far. My lining is 7mm, I have 5 adequate sized follicles on the right side, and 7 adequate ones on the left. There are a few smaller ones, but I don't know if they will catch up. She said I'll stim for about 6 or 7 more days, but I have a repeat scan in 3 days (Friday).:happydance:

Katie - Welcome!!

TTCfurever - Glad your scan went good! We may be on the exact same schedule for ER!

Just had my second scan...I had 10 follies on the right (largest at 10.5) and 9 on the left (largest at 12.5). This is day 7 of stims so you can see I am a SLOW responder. I find out this afternoon what my E2 levels are but with such small follies I am guessing it will be somewhere in the 100s. Will probably stim for 5 more days.

TTCFURREVER, feeling tired today as usual but slowly getting used to the medication. I'm a little concerned since my boob is discharging a sticky brown liquid with my tiny amounts of breast milk. Don't know if it's caused by the birth control pills or Metformin :-(

Katie - Welcome!!

TTCfurever - Glad your scan went good! We may be on the exact same schedule for ER!

Just had my second scan...I had 10 follies on the right (largest at 10.5) and 9 on the left (largest at 12.5). This is day 7 of stims so you can see I am a SLOW responder. I find out this afternoon what my E2 levels are but with such small follies I am guessing it will be somewhere in the 100s. Will probably stim for 5 more days.

You may be a slow responder ... but you got a TON of follies!!!! :happydance:

I'm getting jealous of you girls who are stimming! Water sono is scheduled for next Wednesday and I just better get my calendar then. I'm ready to do this! I don't want to be down for Christmas. :(

TTCFURREVER, feeling tired today as usual but slowly getting used to the medication. I'm a little concerned since my boob is discharging a sticky brown liquid with my tiny amounts of breast milk. Don't know if it's caused by the birth control pills or Metformin :-(

Have you spoken to your doctor about it? Hope you feel better today.

I typed out personals to everyone else, but the website ate it :shrug:. I hope everyone is doing well. Day 5 of stims for me. Oh, and I got my fertility bracelet from the fertile garden. I love it.

Got my scan done this morning! 6-7 follies on each side! One was at 12mm already, the 10 tabs of Femera really woke those ovaries up... yeah!

So I am starting my Gonal F/HCG injections tonight :)

Got my scan done this morning! 6-7 follies on each side! One was at 12mm already, the 10 tabs of Femera really woke those ovaries up... yeah!

So I am starting my Gonal F/HCG injections tonight :)

Wow you're a better responder than I am!!! Now I'm jealous ...
10 tabs of Femara gives me 1 follie. BUT, then again, 10 tabs of Femara in combination with 150iu's of Follistim (4 times) gave me 30 follicles! Crazy how drugs work eh?!

I'm getting jealous of you girls who are stimming! Water sono is scheduled for next Wednesday and I just better get my calendar then. I'm ready to do this! I don't want to be down for Christmas. :(

Good luck! That full bladder and saline ultrasound was fun fun fun! But you will feel so much better having a piece of mind that you are good to go!

Called the office and got more info thankfully! So my mock transfer is done at the same time as the water sono. So glad I know because I will need $110 that day to pay for it. I will start Lupron November 9th and have a baseline u/s on the 12th and then starts stims the 17th. Retrieval should be the week of the 28th. I feel so much better knowing this now!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->