Ivf/Icis July/Aug Ninewells Hospital Dundee

Thanks Minno.
We are going through the NHS and got our letter a couple of weeks ago to say we are on the top of the list and to go in for bloods. Ill ask them tomorrow how long itll be but im hoping it wont be long :-(. This is first time for ivf so im worried it doesnt work.. at the beginning of ttc I was so positive... but now I just feel so negative all the time and im trying hard not to be, but then again I dont want to be disappointed :-(. Thats ashame its taken you so long :-( I really have everything crossed for you that it works :).
I find it hard to speak about all of this and finding this site and reading through all your posts has helped me :) xx

Good luck tomoro H4M. Hope they give you an indication of wait time. I think it has improved over the last year or so with Govt drive to reduce waiting times. Although unfortunately they didn't do anything about us ladies waiting on donors!
It's easy to feel dejected all the time, I go through phases, when we've been waiting for our bfps so long! Hang in there, the best bit is still to come :) xx

Minno, good luck, I hope it's all quick for you.
There was so much building work going on at ninewells acu during 2011 and 2012 that everything was much slower with all treatments and waiting times for everything, let alone donor treatments, were very long and subject to sudden holds. I finished my last try for number 2 last November by which point everything was running smoother again and they were starting to catch up on the waiting list. Be pro-active about keeping in touch with them though. When you have an appointment get an idea from them of when you should expect to hear from them with results, next appointment, if you don't hear by the time they say call in, remind them you're there! Once your funding is in place being NHS and not self funding shouldn't make your wait any longer than the self funders.

Currently waiting to receive my 'instructions' for getting started which I guess means my treatment schedule. Hope I get it soon, if donor is starting in Nov then you'd think they have to get me going soon too? What do you guys think? X

I personally would think it would be Nov time :-/. Im not sure exactly how that works but would assume would do it kinda like ivf? As jn eggs removed and put with sperm straight away kinda thing? X

Yep, they have to synch my cycle with donors so that when her eggs are collected they fertilise with hubby's sperm and my lining is ready for transfer. So it's all quite closely aligned. I'm just hoping we get going soon so that we avoid the hospital shutdown over dec/jan x

Hopefully fingers crossed but sounds to be like it will be November for you :) x

How did you get on with your bloods appt today H4M? Did they give you a clearer idea of timeframe?

Its today our app :). I will let you know what they say x

Looking forward to an update. Hope it's good news for you :) x

I got a letter in my pack about xmas closure....Last date for egg collection is Friday 13th December, starting again on Monday 6th Jan. Embryo transfers will be carried out until Sunday 22nd December.
The only dates it is shut is 25th, 26th Dec & 1st, 2nd Jan.

I hope this information helps....I may also be delayed treatment as I will be due my period at the end of November so working out my treatment I might have to wait another month.

Thanks girls.
Well had our app and got bloods taken. She said it will take 2 1/2 weeks for bloods to come back from Glasgow (AMH). So will hear after that but said prob wont be until after the break so prob Jan :-(... I just hope after waiting all this time it will work first time... does anyone have any advice on things I/we can take or do to improve chances? X

V2R, thanks for info. Yep it does sound we will both be delayed unless I can get started wih next period, next couple of weeks or so. What a pain in the bumski! Just want to get on with it now!

H4m, glad bloods appt went well. Great news that you can get started so soon. I was thinking they might say six months or something. I know you want to get on with it too, it's so frustrating, but we are all almost there I guess and with Xmas etc time will go in quickly I'm sure once we hit November. As for advice on what to take, I'd say just prenatal vits for you and dh - I'm taking pregnancy conception, they seem good and are recommended by others. Tesco has them on 3 for 2!

V2r just reading your post again and thinking of the treatment process - at least if your period starts end nov you can start dregging and then taking storms through dec ready for EC in jan and the boom....ET early doors in jan?

Stims not storms - bloomin ipad predictive typing!

Yeh I am grateful its so soon really. Think just cause been waiting so long from time started ttc it feels a lifetime!! Nurse to me did say it would be better jan than getting caught up in Xmas break and your right im sure it will fly by :). Thanks for advice ill get some of the vits tmz :). Hope it comes for you in Nov time xx

H4M-The time does seem to drag but once your protocol is ready it flys by I was shocked how quick my 1st IVF treatment was. Sorry I have no advice on how to improve your chances just keep yourself healthy.

Minno-Yea I'm hoping that it works out I will be injecting over the Xmas period not ideal when we will be eating out & visiting! How are you feeling about your egg share? You will start injecting about the same time as your donor or is her egg frozen for a few days?

Hi V2R. I'm not doing egg share hun. Donor donates all her eggs to us. No injections for me either,malls I have to do is down regulate and then oestrogent to build lining ready for transfer. It's a very simple process for me as recipient. The difficult bit is the synching of my cycle and the donor's so that I'm ready for when her eggs are collected. She has the hard bit with the injections.
Can imagine not the best to do over festive period but at least it means come jan you will be ready to go with EC and then ET. I think we will overlap with getting ready :) we can be cycle buddies xxx

Thanks V2R, how do you find the injections? Thats what im worried about, if you dont mind me asking. X

V2R, are your cycles regular, ie every 28 days?mi am wondering about the buserelin for dr as yiu have to start that on day 21, aimed at being a week before period, but my cycles are quite erratic. This month af is trying to show up now on cd 20, and in others she can be anywhere from cd 19 to 42! If they want to start dr a week before period and I'm not sure when she's gonna show how will that work? When I did the dummy run I had breakthrough bleeding on buserelin I think because I started in day 21 and af was due a couple days later and I hadn't DR enough by then to stop it.
Argh. I thought they would jus stick me on birth control and then buserelin so hey could control it more?
All hypothetical anyway as still no further word from clinic!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->