IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

wooopppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee AF finally arrived this morning!!!

So relieved. Ive even heard back from Guys!! Got my appt for the 13th Jan to pick up all results and discuss the treatment cycle we will be doing and start down regging on 19th Jan!!!!!! Finally can start getting excited!

How you feeling Serena? Any better? When is your follow up?

Key: how are you feeling? have you heard back from Guys?

Tinkerbell: how are you doing hun ? xx

Oh my god that's brilliant news kazza. You must be so relieved!

A nurse from guys rang yesterday & left a message asking me to confirm an appt for the 11th Jan. When I rang I just spoke to the administrator again & confirmed it so didn't get to talk to a nurse - do you think I need to ring them again or when you spoke to a nurse was it simply to make an appt?

How you doing key?

Hiya, you don't need to speak to a nurse you will be told everything on the 11th the only extra thing she said was that my down regging will start on the 19th, I asked about test results she said you will only hear if there's a problem so no news is good news. Mede being ordered today! Very relieved!!!

Key where are you Hun xxx

Happy New Year!

Thanks Kazza, that puts my mind at rest. In the message the nurse said the drugs had been ordered for me & the drug company might contact me, do you know what for? I assume I'll start the down regging drugs on the 12th & stop the*bcp. I've had constant headache & light period since taking it so will be glad to be off it!

How are the rest of you doing? Weird to not have a sore head today x

Happy new year!! Nice not to have a headache, been shopping in ashford today!!

You will hear from the drug company as they will deliver the drugs to you, for you to then keep refrigerated. We stay on bcp for the full 21 days and start sniffing on then 19 th a few days before bcp ends. When is your 21 days on bcp up?

Hope everyone else is doing ok xxxx

Happy new year all!!

Sorry been a bit absent - we've moved and not had any internet so have been shut off from the world!

I got a call back from Guys day after leaving msg, and have got an appointment with the nurse of the 11th - same as you Serena, then think i will be starting down regs on 17th Jan.

Hope they call me before they send out medication as i will need to give them a different delivery address now.

Glad to hear we are all on the way and will be starting treatment within a week or so of each other. Tinkerbell - keeping fingers crossed that you get in with Guys this month for your investigations.

I'm really excited and have a great feeling for 2012 for all of us :thumbup:

k xx

Hiya ladies yes we are literally all with a few day of each other!!

How's the move been Hun?

Imheard from the company that deliver the meds today! The called so you can change your address! They are delivering my drugs on Friday morning!! Nice birthday pressie fir me!!

I haven't heard from meds company yet - guess i should do any day now.

Hope you have a great b'day on Friday - doing anything exciting?
k x

Im sure you will hear something soon!

Thanks Key, on friday im just having the day off work to relax, then on saturday, i am going to the Peking Diner with friends and family, which is in between bromley and grove park. Thats it really! another year older!

Serena how you doing hun x

Hello,

Kay - that is so exciting moving house - was it stressful? When I moved house I thought I was going to shoot one of the estate agents, but totally worth it when we moved in.

Kazza - hope you have a lovely Birthday - sounds nice and relaxing.

I rang Guys today as hadn't heard from the drugs company & also wanted to ask about the BCP. I've taken the BCP days 1-21 which means I will stop taking the BCP and start taking the down regging drugs on the same day (12th Jan), which the receptionist said was fine. She gave me the number for Health Care at Home to check about the drugs - the lady there said they'd got my prescription but there was a mistake on it so she was waiting for another prescription to be sent over, and then they would call me. Kazza - do you know if they deliver at the weekends or if i'll need time off from work?

Hope you're both well. Key are you on the BCP? Kazza, how have you found it? I'm feeling a lot better, just still bleeding every day which is not very nice, but headaches are gone at last!

What's BCP - i haven't been taking this? If it's something to do with PCOS then it wouldn't be relevant for me, unfortunately i'm the other way with too few focilies!

if haven't heard from meds people by tomorrow will call Guys also to chase up.

Glad your feeling better and headaches have gone - i'm a bit apprehensive about what the side effects from the drugs are going to be, but guess we've just got to focus on long term goal!

Kazza - sounds like you've got a nice b'day planned, hope you have a lovely time

k x

Hi key, the BCP is birth control pill. They put me on it to regulate my cycles.

I'm worried about all the medication too, hopefully it won't be too bad & everyone we know will put up with us being monsters for a few weeks.

Do any of you know how long we have to wait if it doesn't work the first month? Can you try back to back months or do you have to wait?

Hiya, I was put on the pill to stop me from ovulating spontaneously - fat chance of that!!

Serenavglad your headaches are better! I've had no side affects from the bcp so I'm very pleased about that. I start down regging a few days before bcp finishes.

When the drugs company called me they just said we are in your area on Wednesday and Fridays so I picked Friday.

I'm not worried about being a miserable cow whilst down regging I'm just worried about ohss! Still nothing I can do about it!

I'm not surebhow soon after a fail you cando another would guess a month?

I'm so worried about it failing not sure how I would cope!

Well just missed a call from the drugs company and rather than saving the message i managed to delete it. Have now left a msg with Guys to get thier number so i can call them back!

Not sure how long you have to wait til to can try again, i think it depends if you're using FET or another fresh cycle. I'm going to try not to think about it not working, i recently brought Zita West' book and she says we need lots of positive thinking and visualising it's working. So i'm going to try and be very zen like and do that!!!

I know ohss is a risk Kazza but hopefully they will keep a really good eye on you and you'll be fine and just have lots of grade A eggs to choose from!

Here's positive thoughts to you all ...
k x

Happy new year to you all.

Glad to hear AF finally arrived for you Kazza.
Hope the moving hasn't been too stressful Key, I hate trying to get everything sorted and organised when you move.
Sounds like things really are about to get started with you all, will you all start the drugs as soon as they are delivered next week? How long do you take them for before egg collection?

Well we finally had OH's results through today and it wasn't good news, he has a low sperm count and now has forms for Karotyping blood test, have any of your OH's had this done? The results will take 6 weeks :shock: part of me thinks it could be that he 'spilt' about half the sample and it was the first bit, which I've read is the best but he has accepted e results so if it is a true result he won't feel anymore disappointment than he already does. Do you think he will be re-tested or do the take that one test as final result sort of thing?
We didn't get a full breakdown of the results though, so no idea of the actual count, motility etc

I'm now CD22 so about another week till I expecting my period and can ring Guy's to try book my Hycosy again, this cycles has actually gone pretty quick thankfully. Just over another month now until our next appointment at Guy's (15th Feb)

Hope you are all well xx

Hi tinker bell sorry to hear of oh results, like you say he id spill some so that might have something to do with it. My oh had about 4 tests to see if it's just a one off or if it's a perm thing, all sorts can affect it such as a cold, being run down, drinking too much and cycling. Not sure what a karotyping blood test is I'm afraid.

I start The ivf drugs on the 19th looking forwardvto our appt next week to get all the results and discuss the protocol.

I had really light spotting today, bit weird!

Hope your af come soon so you can get your hvosy booked! Glad the month went quickly wish the next few weeks would fly for me xx

Happy Birthday Kazza! or is it next Friday?

sorry to hear you have spotting - maybe it's just the BCP like i've had?

The healthcare company rang yesterday and are delivery the meds on Tuesday, and i'll start them on Thursday. Getting quite excited now.

Tinkerbell - sorry to hear about your OH's results. My husband just gave 2 samples and both times his motility was low, but one time was a lot better than the other, so obviously these things can change a bit. I've never heard of that test either i'm afraid.

Key - yes, positive thinking if definitely best. I just want to be prepared in case it doesn't work as it's really hard to make plans for weekends away etc when you don't know what the system is. I'll just ask the nurse on Wedneday.

Hi ladies!

I had a letter from guys today. My oh sperm count has gone up from 5 million to 12.8 million with 2% morph and 32 motility.

Big difference but still not great.

Does anyone no what 45.6 amh is?
What a posterior left ovary is which can brought down with pressure?

My meds came today in a big box!! Getting excited now!

Hi kazza, I have no idea about any of your questions, I'm sorry. I wonder what pressure they would use for the posterior ovary? Will they all explain it to you in your appt with the nurse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->