IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hope you had a great birthday Kazza. In terms of your OH results that sounds like an improvement and is the same morphology as we're faced with and since they choose only the best sperm for ICSI we should all be ok (fingers crossed).

AMH is to do with overian reserve and the higher it is the better (as opposed to FSH where the lower the better). My AMH was 9.5 - but then i've got quite a low follicle count and therefore have less reserves.

Have absolutely no idea about the pressure thing.

It's an exciting week - i get meds delivered tomorrow, Guys on Weds and then kick off next Tuesday.

BTW - i don't think i've mentioned before but i've just started going to acupunture as have read quite a lot of good things. It's all a bit weird for me, but i thinking if it helps...

k x

Hi ladies, very exciting stuff!!

The results are deffinatly an improvement so I'm pleased, I think the pressure is when she pushes on my belly! I'm not so worried about oh results as long as he has a few good ones!!

Can't wait till you have your hosp apps mines Friday!!

I had a lovely bday thanks key!

Hi Ladies,

Just popping on to say Happy New Year... great to see you're all moving along nicely.

Tinkerbell, just a suggestion re: sperm count - my DH also had low count, and crappy motility and morphology during the first cycle, but vastly improved during the 2nd cycle after I put him on Wellman, changed his diet, and restricted his alcohol intake. Luckily he doesn't smoke, otherwise he'd have stopped that too. Zinc helps a lot too... I've also heard acu helps. Oh and I make DH 'clean his pipes' every 2-3 days as there's evidence that old sperm can 'infect' new sperm, and we don't want that happening :)

AFM, I started stims on Saturday and have been going to acu 2-3 times a week (I really hope it helps!). The meds are giving me migraines but I'm hoping the acu will help subside them.

Have you all started stimming now? How's it all going?

V

I expect OH is likely to be asked to do another SA test then, the annoying thing is, like i mentioned we have no idea of the actual results so not sure just how low his count is or the motility etc

Vesper- thanks for the suggestions, he actually ordered those Wellman tablets the next day and has vowed no more sneaky now and again cigarettes (he gave up a couple of years ago but still has still been having the odd sneaky one now and then apparently :growlmad:) thankfully he doesn't really drink, has a pretty good diet so we're hoping the small things he can do will help.

Kazza- good to hear there was an improvement on your OH's results, sorry it still wasn't great though. Is that since he quit smoking? What is considered a 'normal' count?

Hello,

Glad you are all doing well, not long now for us all to start the next step.

Vesper- can I just ask - is stimming the same as down-regging? All the lingo confuses me. If so I start on Thursday. I've read online that the drugs can give you headaches & you should drink lots of water & have acupuncture.

Key - if you don't mind me asking, how much is your acupuncture? My friend really recommends it too, but where she goes it's £100 a session and you'd need it for weeks so i don't think I can afford the person she goes to. I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, we can compare notes afterwards!

Kazza - your results sounds pretty good from all of the things everyone else has written, and you've got about another month before they'll be taking a sample for even longer for the results to improve. it's great news.

Tinkerbell - I hope you get into Guys this month, and that they can sort out another test for your OH soon so that you can properly understand the results. All the tests and waiting around for results is frustrating, I hate it.

Hello - more questions and I was wondering if any of you know the answers.

I have been reading through the letter Guys sent my GP again to plan if I have any questions for the nurse tomorrow.

The letter says I have a antral follicle count of 21 - do you know if this is normal? At the time to dr didn't mention anything being wrong but the last line of the letter says 'due to her age and antral follicle count a dose of 150iu gonal f was suggested'. Do any of you know what gonal f is and when I should be taking it? i'm worried i should have been taking it already, but the doctor never mentioned this to me, it's only on rereading the letter I noticed it. They haven't delivered the drugs yet so I haven't been able to see what they've sent me. Kazza - did you get instructions of when to take your drugs or do you think we just get that in the appt with the nurse?

For my DH they said he has a count of 29 million but a reduced progressive motility and 4% normal morphology. This is similar to his previous tests, but might mean the motility has reduced even further.

feel stressed now!

Serena - No d/regging is the period before you start to stim (if it's part of your protocol), and usually done by nasal spray to shut down your system. Stimming is the period after, where you inject to stimulate the ovaries.

Vesper great to hear from you and happy new year!
Sorry to hear about the migraines, i start the down reg drugs on Tuesday (19th) and then stimulation about 2 weeks later i guess. So hoping side effects aren't too bad! Really hope things go your way this time, so everything crossed for you.

Serena - i'm going to acupuntunist who is part of Zita West group here website is https://www.denisecallaghan.co.uk. She is £40 per session, i contacted her last Thursday and managed to have 1st session same day, another on Sat, one last night and am going again Saturday. I've now said need to drop down to 1 per week, as otherwise gets to expensive. She wanted to do more sessions at the beginning as obviously i've started very close to treatment. It still wouldn't be too late for you to have some sessions, apparently it is particularly good around time of transfer.

I don't think i got a letter with any details on it (or maybe i can't remember) but my follicle count was only 7 in total which is very low, it should be around 10 -15 each ovary which means you are about right by the sounds of it. Also think GonalF is 1 of the drugs, just had mine delivered but have dropted them off home, so will look tonight and double check.

Good idea to try and put some questions together for meeting the nurse - i'll have to have a think tonight, as otherwise i know i'll have loads the day after the meeting!

k x

Hi Ladies,

Vesper its great to hear from you! Glad things are well on their way for you. Keep us posted wont you!! We are all at the stage just before down regging starts.

Serena - i was told by dr reddy that you should have 15 follicals on each ovary so 21 indicates your PCOS, id say you dont have a bad case of pcos due to your regular period and the fact that i have 29 on each ovary!!

Down regs like vesper says is the sniffing drugs which will put you into a temp menopause then you start stimming with the injections. Im pretty sure the injections are the Gonal F because you get a little bag with Gonal F on it and a needle box. You dont need to start these yet. You will be given a schedule when you see the nurse. 150iui is the strength of the stims. I will check the strength of mine tonight to compare.

My understanding of normal sperm results are:

Over 30 million sperms classed as normal
not sure how many is classed as normal progression but my 34% is still classed as low.
4% morph is classed as normal, we have 2%

Even if you have low motility, if you are doing icsi, it wont matter as they will pick out the normal ones.

My oh has been a non smoker for 3 months so in three months its gone from 5 million to 12.8 so i am pleased even if its still low!

Im so excited for me and for everyone on this thread!!!! Its so good to be able to check in with you, i think it takes the pressure off my OH has he does not like to keep talking about it.

Good luck ladies, im rooting for you all.

Thank you all for the information, it massively helps and I really appreciate it. I think I learn more about this process from forums than from the dr (as lovely as he is!)

I feel a lot better now, it sounds quite positive about my husband's results if the motilty isn't such a big factor with ICSI. I didn't realise 4% morphology was normal, because it sounds so low we both assumed it was a problem, although it makes sense as the doctors have always focussed on the motility as the problem.

Kazza- So you have the gonal f drugs too? You must be right it's prob the stims, and he was just saying the quantity was dependent on my age & follicles.

Key - thanks for the link I will probably contact them once I have the schedule & try to book in some sessions, I don't think I could afford more than one a week though. Do you think that would be enough to have any effect? I've never had it before, sounds interesting.

Thanks again for your info, it's definitely great to have you ladies to talk to, I've started telling all my friends now who've been lovely but it is so good to have people also going through it & knows exactly what it involves & all the emotions mixed up in it.

X

Sounds like your results are ok hun, nothing to worry about

I do have the gonal F too, i am being started on a lower dose apparently to avoid ohss.

I have told close friends and family too, it deffinatly helps!! xxx

I'm no expert in acupunture but i think the general principle is anything is better than nothing, so i am sure once a week would be helpful, that's what i'm going to be having after this week anyway.

I've also got Gonal-f -but not sure what dose i'm on, i guess i'll find that out today. I'm hoping that it is fairly high as i'm starting off with a hell of a lot less follicles than normal!

Like you ladies,i've told a few people but it is really lovely to have this forum to share info. i look forward to checking in with you all

k xx

Key what times your appt? Good luck today, i will be waiting to hear from you!!

Serena is yours today?

Yes, my appt is this afternoon and I'm leaving work in a minute. I'll come on here this evening and tell you how it went.

Good luck today Key! we'll compare notes later x

Kazza - thanks for checking the Gonal F, that sets my mind at ease. I do love the little Gonal F handbacg they give you. very official.

Hello,

Appt went well, the nurse was really nice & answered all my questions. I start the sniffing drugs tomorrow & go back on the 25th for a scan & if it's ok I'll start the injections that day.

She said most things I already knew, such as the drugs cause you to have a mini menopause & you might have headaches, tiredness, hot flushes & mood swings. Even though I knew allof this I feel a bit more apprehensive about the whole process now.

She said if it doesn't work this month they usually ask you to wait one or two months before trying again to let your body recover. She also said you need to take drugs during the frozen embryo transfer months bur they are different & less invasive.

She also said after the 5 day scan they might want to see me every day for blood tests as at risk of OHSS.

That's it really, can't think of anything else to write.

How was your appt Key?

Hiya Hun

Glad today went well Hun! The menopause thing does sound daunting! Just try not to think about it, I'm gonna block it out if I can!!

I'm ten days you will be Stimming that's gonna come round so quickly!! It's a pain that you have to go daily for bloods but at least your being monitored!

Did they show you how to use the injections that's what I'm worried about!

Did u have a scan today?

Hi Kazza, it's the 25thnot 21st I'm stimming, I wrote the wrong date as clearly already losing my marbles.

No, I didn't have a scan today it was just a chat with the nurse. She didn't show me the injections as she said they'd do that after the scan on day 1 (25th) & I'll do the first injection while I'm there.

Feeling quite down tonight which is weird as I was really excited about it yesterday. Can't even blame the drugs! I think it was the repeated use of the word menopause!

Your meeting is on Friday right? Are you looking forward to it?

X

It is an emotional roller coaster so your bound to feel down at times, tomorrow you will probably feel completely different altogether!! Gotta remember its only a mini menopause, it wont last for long hun xx Chin up chic!

My appt is at 1.30 tomorrow, really looking forward to it!

Did you not see your dr?

Hi Kazza, you are so right. I feel a lot better today and quite positive about it all again.

Took the first sniffer drugs this morning and apart from feeling really sick (which wasn't one of the side effects she mentioned!) it was fine. If I drink water I don't feel as nauseous so am now constantly drinkinging it. no crazy hormones yet though.

We just saw a nurse, no doctor. she answered all of our questions and seemed to know all about it so it didn't seem like we missed out for not seeing Dr Tom.

I hope your appt goes well tomorrow, it's really exciting. let us all know how it goes for you. have you got a list of questions ready?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->