• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Tinkerbell - it's such a stressful time, I totally understand the worrying - but you just need to think that every single test you've done has said you're pregnant! And your urine is going to change depending on hormones & how much you're eating & drinking so the lines may fluctuate but as long as they all say positive that's all that counts! It's hard to accept after all these years that it's actually worked! And I worried the entire pregnancy about things going wrong which I think is natural, but if you can try to look at the positive (literally!) - you are pregnant! Hopefully if you can get bloods done tomorrow that will help you to feel reassured and then a scan in a few weeks! The first of many! X

Tinkerbell, that's really crazy! I feel for you but hope for the best. I'd test with only one brand otherwise you will get different results and start panicking. what DPO are you? it should be darker by about 13/14 DPO.

As I had used the Superdrugs on the Friday too I thought it would be ok to use them again today. I'm 14DPO today so was hoping I'd see a bit of a strong line. I'm still feeling a bit queasy and bloated and this evening I think my boobs are starting to become slightly tender, they feel a little achey and bruised if pressed on which is new today so hoping it's all a good sign.

Tinkerbell - it's such a stressful time, I totally understand the worrying - but you just need to think that every single test you've done has said you're pregnant! And your urine is going to change depending on hormones & how much you're eating & drinking so the lines may fluctuate but as long as they all say positive that's all that counts! It's hard to accept after all these years that it's actually worked! And I worried the entire pregnancy about things going wrong which I think is natural, but if you can try to look at the positive (literally!) - you are pregnant! Hopefully if you can get bloods done tomorrow that will help you to feel reassured and then a scan in a few weeks! The first of many! X

Thanks for the good advice Serena, I hadn't thought about it probably b you're so right, we wait so long to see those lines it's hard to just accept they're there and then you over analyse every change in colour and intensity of the lines.
Don't think the clinic do bloods, they didn't mention it :growlmad:

I don't know if it makes any difference of I'm just clutching at straws but Fridays tests were done after 11 hours since previous wee and yesterday's and today's only 6-7.

I am so dumb, for some stupid reason since I tested Friday I've been telling myself that was 8DP5DT and it's just dawned on me I'm only 9 days today so Friday was 7, not that one day probably makes much difference but makes me feel a tiny bit better :)

Tinkerbell, is there any chance you can get a blood test tomorrow? I'd test in the morning and if the line does not get darker (although I am sure it will) ask for a blood test to check your beta levels. you are definitely pregnant or at least your embryo is trying to implant otherwise you would not see the second line.

If you're 14dpo then that's the 2 weeks and it's official! I know at Guys their OTD is 16dpo & it sounds as if Hammersmith is the same. But Lister is 14dpo (Key is this right?) so if you were with them they'd already be booking you in for a scan!
If you google about the darkness of the lines the consensus seems to be that it doesn't matter about how dark it is as long as there's a line there! I know it's hard but you should enjoy this as much as you can, it's such brilliant news. I tested at 16dpo and it wasn't much darker than yours at 12dpo. Also I'm pretty sure hormone levels surge up and down in the first trimester as my morning sickness would come and go which could affect your tests.
Really hope your queasiness eases off and you don't get morning sickness. Your other symptoms sound spot on. With the tons of positive tests and the symptoms it all seems to be on track - Tuesday will just make it official x

Hi Tinkerbell i agree with Serena's advice the lines will vary depending on test, time of day etc. lister ask you to test at 12 dpt I think it was. Too be honest once I got my positive on OTD I didn't test again and just counted down days too scan! I know it's do stressful but you are definitely 100% pregnant so maybe leave tests for a few days if you can resist?

I've got news from Kazza!! She's still in PRUH with no Internet access so hence no posts. after 18 hours of labour Chloe arrived by ventouse delivery at 11 pm on 7th November weighing 5lb 13 and josh arrived by ventouse and fawcepts at 11.08 weighing 6 lb 8 josh was admitted to special care for breathing problems but bk with them by 3 pm the following day! Chloe has jaundice but josh is doing great. I think Kazza lost quite a bit of blood but is doing ok. She texted pics & thru both look gorgeous but I'll let her share those with you when she is out. Tinkerbell I texted her your news too and she is delighted - she sends love to everyone!

Tinkerbell let us know what clinic says if you speak to them today and sore boobs sounds like another great pregnancy symptom :)

I've got today off as back at NCT for another 4 hrs today for ladies only (god knows what we'll cover!)

K xx

Great news about Kazza and her lovely little ones. So glad both Joshua and Chloe are doing great and Kazza had a normal delivery with some assistance. Fantastic news. Can't wait to see pics.

Thinkertbell I agree with the girls hormone concentrations varies and than your weather intake and diet. Important is positive test.

Fantastic news about Kazza, she's done amazingly well. Hope Chloe gets better soon and they all come home soon x

Tinkerbell - how are you today? Tomorrow is the big day!

Key - hope you enjoyed your day off x

Izabela - how are you hon?

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Great news in Kazza, hope they are all home soon. I think I may have got close with my guess for one weight :)

Well my lines are still not getting darker and this evening I really feel like AF is trying to arrive and certainly not feeling how I was Saturday when I actually felt pregnant. Going for bloods in the morning but not holding out much hope now, this is so cruel :cry:

Don't give up hope Tinkerbell, I felt like I was getting my period the night before my ODD (and for about 5 days afterwards). Had awful awful pain and kept having to go to the loo to check. You still have the line & you're 15dpo so please don't give up. It's just a really really scary time but try not to worry too much. Also pregnancy symptoms come and go all the time in the first two trimesters, some days I was sure I was miscarrying as my sickness disappeared & I didn't feel at all pregnant and an hour later I'd be sick again. It's just the hormones so try not to panic. X

Tinkerbell, let's hope it's just a late implanter. praying you will get a good beta tomorrow!

Congrats to Kazza. How exciting. Hope Chloe gets well soon Bd you all get home together to enjoy your new family.xx

Tinkerbell, totally agree with serena, you are def preg and cramping is really common for a while after otd. It's a really worrying time so i totally kindest and but try to be positive. It's so frustrating but it dies just seem like one worry after the next when you go through so much bro f&f pregnant - but it's totally superb it. Chin up and enjoy. Xx

Tinkerbell same with me first couple of weeks felt like AF was coming all the time - think it is a really common pregnancy sign but also nature's cruel joke. Hope everything goes well with the bloods tomorrow I'm sure it will be great news :)

Xx

Yes hope it all went well - hope you get results today x

Got to wait till about 3/4pm for the results, I haven't bothered doing a hpt today, I can't bare what it might look like

Tinkerbell, finger crossed for good beta today. fyi with my chemical the second line did not stay the same on the contrary it almost disappeared the next day. yours was even getting darker on some tests so here is hoping.

ladies, I need your advice. Create is saying we need to step up for the second cycle and do proper stimulation with Gonal F. That's completely the opposite from what I was expecting. I thought they would say no stimulation and let's do natural cycle. I do not know what to do because the whole point of going to Create is cos they use natural approach. Stims is the opposite of natural. maybe I should just go to CRGH cos these guys with do proper stims and their ratings for stim cycles are super (they are second in London I think). the only thing is CRGH may not do stim if my FSH is above 15 (which it is unfortunately) and they are so much more expensive. What would you recommend?

Finally they just called and I need to repeat the blood test Thursday/Friday but I don't see the point because my level was only 5 :cry: I'm so gutted after everything and it coming up to 3 years we've been trying to finally see a bfp to have it snatched away within days is cruelty

Tinkerbell, this is just so cruel!! I feel for you. particularly because I have just gone through exactly the same thing, my beta came at 9 and dropped to 1.7 in a day. this was our first ever BFP I cried when I saw it could not believe my happiness and cried even more when it disappeared the next day. why do we have to suffer so much? I was devastated at first but then I realised that a chemical is the second best thing really, it's a sign that your body is doing what it's supposed to, most likely just unlucky with egg/sperm quality this cycle but you are definitely getting closer to your BFP. I was told at the clinic that chemical is a positive thing and they are confident I will be successful. we just have to keep on trying. take all the time you need to mourn your loss but you will get pregnant and have a beautiful healthy baby before long! also who knows maybe it's just a late implanter and your beta will get up in a day. miracles do happen!

Oh Tinkerbell, I'm so sorry. What did they say the level should be at this stage? Were they still hopeful? I really hope Thurs brings good news. I'm so sorry if this does end up being chemical, it's so cruel. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->