IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hello,

Hope you're all doing well!

Key - how's it going with lovely Isabelle? Is she still being sick or has it settled? How's the feeding going now? X

Izabela - did you hear back from Lister? What are your next steps, did they match you or will you have IUI or ICSI? It seems crazy that it's taking so long, I wasn't sure what you meant about the eye colour, is that part of the matching process?

Briss - it sounds like you've got some good information from this dr, and great news about your test results. What is the treatment for your husband? Will you start IVF after the next SA or sooner?

Monkeyfeet - how's the egg sharing going? Did you hear from your recipient?

Nay0390 - I hope you find someone going through ICSI at the same time as you it definitely helps, but you can always chat to any of us as we've been through it too. When do you start your down reg drugs? Are they your injections or are you on the sniffing drugs?

Kazza - how are you getting on with the twins? X

AFM - all is going well, started sleep training which is actually quite good - I got 9 hours straight...my husband didn't though! X

Briss - great news about chromosome results & new treatment for OH, amazing or may improve things by 40%! I know 3 mths must seem like a lifetime but it will fly by & remember your doing all right things & if it gets results that's all that matters

Isabela - I'm surprised you haven't heard from lister but surely eye colour can't be such a key factor?

Serena - fantastic news on sleep training 9 hrs straight seems like lifetime away at moment!!

Kazza - how did injections go, all ok I hope

Monkeyfeet - any news your end?

Nay- as Serena says we've all been through the mill a few times on this tfread so if u have any questions ask away & all the best for this cycle I'll be hoping for bfp for you :)

Afm - Isabelle's doing great weighted 9lb 14oz on Thirs so really putting weight on! However my boobs are so see which we now think might be done to tongue tie so hopefully getting that cut next week and things will improve. Can't believe she 'll be 4 weeks tomorrow but then I also can't remember life without her :)

K xx

Hey ladies

Briss great news about the results, hopefully with the right clinic a stim cycle will be great for you!

Key, when is Isabelle due to have her tongue tie cut? Hopefully that will help to ease the pain.

Nay good luck as the girls said, we've all been through it on hear so please ask away!

Serena how is Rosie doing. How's the weaning going? Teething? Etc x

Isabella how's things your end?

Monkeyfeet how's the eggshare going?

AFM twins are doing very well! Such good babies! Getting out now and josh is smiling on demand now. Trying to giggle but he isn't quite there yet! Im getting them weighed on Thursday when they will be exactly 12 weeks! See how big they've got!

Key - I can't believe how big Isabelle is already, how fantastic. 4 weeks already, seems so quick. How are your boobs now? Hopefully they should settle down by 6 weeks, fingers crossed. Rosie has just gotten two teeth, that hasnt made feeding much fun!

Kazza - how are you? 12 weeks tomorrow! That's great about Josh smiling, time to get the camera out every 2 mins! X

AFM - Rosie is doing well & sleeping through 11-12 hours now but had a couple of days where she woke once or twice because of her teeth coming through. But all in all sleep training is a life saver!

Hope everyone else is doing well x

Hi ladies!

Obviously everyone's got a lot on as this thread has been very quiet.

Serena - how's Rosie & the increasing number of teeth?

Kazza - are Josh & Chloe doing well, have they got any more jabs soon?

Tinkerbell / Isabel & Briss - is there any news your end on treatment. I hope things are progressing well for you all, I can wait to hear you bfp's this year

Monkeyfeet - how are you finding doing the treatment again with William to look after too must be a but more difficult second time round?

Things are good with us - Isabelle was 7 weeks yesterday. My boobs are only now just getting back to normal after the tongue tue, thrush & also eczema I had on them - it makes such a diff to the breastfeeding not being in so much pain! Isabelle is growing really well and can go 5hrs when we first out her fine then in stretches if 3 to 4 - so nighttimes aren't too awful

Would be lovely to hear how you're all doing?

K xx

Hi key, great to hear that everything is going well.

nothing to report my end, I am just trying to hold on while DH is going through his hormonal treatment. regardless of the outcome we will be going for our next IVF in 2-3 months.

Hopefully they'll be some good news Briss once DH finished treatment - even if things haven't really changed you've learnt so much from other cycles that I'm sure success will come this time. You know we're all keeping everything crossed for you :)

Xx

Briss - good luck for the next cycle, hope your husband is ok with his treatment and it gives you a positive result.

Tinkerbell - how are you getting on?

Izabella - any news from Lister on a match?

Monkeyfeet - how is your treatment going?

Hoping you're all well x

Thank you, ladies. AF got me today :( DH is due for bloods to check his FSH/testosterone levels, hopefully they are increasing.

Briss - damn AF. Miserable. But just one more AF until you can try ICSI right? Will it be around Easter? X

Serena, thanks. we will have to wait a bit longer. I still have not got an appointment with the new clinic. probably two more cycles, hopefully we can start mid April

Hello everyone.

I am glad to hear that all the babies are doing well and so the parents.

Briss sounds good that you are planning to start again in April. Do you know what clinic you are going to try?

AFM Sorry I have not been on this thread but I just needed a break. Another colleague announced her second pregnancy and my sister had on Saturday her beautiful 2 little girls.
Lister did not match me until mid Jan. Do not know why, but some nurses have left and their procentage have dropped so we decided to go for a pay cycle with another clinic. We chose Guys again as they had our notes and success rates went up to 43 % and they have reasonable prices.
So we started stims on 15 the Feb. I was on the pill before starting this short protocol. The pill was prescribed by Lister but Guys said to take it again between them periods. As with short protocol I started injections day 2 and by day 5 of stim I only had 6 small follie and my E2 levels were only 527. On all my cyclecmy E2 was over 4000 by now and over or about 11000 by the last blood test - day 10. We were considering cancelling the cycle but the nurses said to wait and see. I went home and I researched on Google and there are some article saying that the pill can slow the cycle and is need for more stimulation. After 12 days of stim I have 11 folies 9 over 13 mm and 2 about 10. The bigger is 19mm. My E2 finally rose to 4500. The plan is to go tomorrow for another scan and than collection on Monday or Tuesday. I am still a bit worried about 15 days of stim affecting the quality. Anybody has any experience with longer stims. I am taking cetroide injection instead of the spray and guys are monitoring the LH level, I am also doing ovulation kits. So far sims OK but I am scared I will end up with early ovulation because of the 2 bigger follies.

Hope I have not bored you with my story.

Izabela - that's so interesting. It sounds as if the pill has helped to slowly & steadily get to a good number of follies. Maybe the quality will be better than previous times if it's been more gradual? Have you still got sperm from the previous donor or did you pick a new donor? It's very exciting, collection mon or tues, then the 2ww. How are you feeling on this protocol, any different to previous cycles?

Briss - another 6 weeks until your next cycle, hopefully it'll fly by. Or maybe a natural BFP next month if your OH's treatment helps. X

Just a quick update. I am triggering tonight. Now I have. 15 folies but only 9 or 10 over 15. I will be very happy with 7 eggs. The biggest is 27mm and the smaller 10.
Serena I really hope that the pill has helped. I had 14 days of stims, ussualy 9 or 10. The cetrocide has definitely help as so far I have not had ovulation. Monday is collection so hopefully would be OK. We still have 4 viales of sperm transfered from Lister and we are going for ICSI just in case my eggs are too taught again.
I am dreading the 2ww but we have a second plan. We are going to have one more try with my eggs if this fails and than we going abroad for embryo adoption.

How is Rosalie? Have you thought about siblings.

Just a quick update. I am triggering tonight. Now I have. 15 folies but only 9 or 10 over 15. I will be very happy with 7 eggs. The biggest is 27mm and the smaller 10.
Serena I really hope that the pill has helped. I had 14 days of stims, ussualy 9 or 10. The cetrocide has definitely help as so far I have not had ovulation. Monday is collection so hopefully would be OK. We still have 4 viales of sperm transfered from Lister and we are going for ICSI just in case my eggs are too taught again.
I am dreading the 2ww but we have a second plan. We are going to have one more try with my eggs if this fails and than we going abroad for embryo adoption.

How is Rosalie? Have you thought about siblings.

Good luck izabela- will be thinking of you tomorrow.xxx

Sorry been AWOL - started dr now on day 6 - all going ok so far aside from the usual side effects. Oh home for 5 wks before going away for 9mths so we're just making the most of hanging out together.

How is everyone else? Xxx

Izabela - was collection today? How did it go? It sounded as though you had a good response & no early ovulation so hopefully it was good news earlier? X

Monkeyfeet - lovely to hear from you, hope these weeks with your husband are good despite the treatment! 9 months! How awful, is he in the military? Hopefully you, William (and bump) will be able to visit x

Hi Monkeyfeet great you started IVF down reg should past quick. I am glad I did not have to do it, because never worked fully for me and gave me head akes. Hope you and William have a great time with your dh.

AFM I had 10 eggs collected, not sure how many mature. Really pleased I hope I will have at least 4 fert although better 2 or even 1 than nothing. I asked the embryologist again if any have burst and if this would rise the progesterone and affect the lining and automatically the implantation.
The doctor said all seemed OK. The donor sperm defrosted great. After so many fails I am no longer optimistic and I a scared that something is going to happen every minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->