IVF/ICSI at Guys? Anyone else?

Hi Key,

I didn't realise you went down to once a day with the sniffing drugs either. hopefully it'll be the same for me too. one less thing to have to remember.

Kazza - hopefully you'll be fine and it wont be too bad without your OH around, you might have no symptoms at all!

I have AF again today (again! I feel like i've had it nonstop since christmas!), which is what the nurse said to expect, but apart from AF symptoms i'm feeling fine today and the chest pains have gone off so i'm hoping it'll be plain sailing from now on.

Good luck tomorrow Key, and good luck on Thursday Kazza x

Oooh thats great news that your feeling better!! Hopefully you wont have AF for long!!

Good luck tomorrow key xx

ha ha, I take it all back. I've had a pounding headache since lunchtime that no amount of water or painkillers has been able to shake and I've been having a hot flush for the last 2 hours & have a face like a strawberry. I thought they were supposed to quick!

I spoke too soon... I hope you don't mind me telling you, I don't want you to think i'm just using the forum to moan! Just sharing symptoms. I can't wait for you both to be using the sniffing drugs too so we can compare stories, I feel like i'm just a moany hypochondriac at the moment!

OH NO WE JINXED YOU!!!!!!

No you have to share these things, one so we can compare and two, you need to be able to talk about it and moan about it and where better than with people who are going through it too!! Well, in a few days time!!!!

I hope you shake it off soon, take some nurofen, they said you can take painkillers.

Oh no sorry to hear about the headache Serena - that is one of the symptoms i'm a bit wary of because i'm prone to that and used to get terrible migraines as a kid! Hopefully you can just take it really easy tonight and you'll wake up feeling good in the morning.

I start the sniffers tomorrow so will let you know how i get on over the coming days - and Serena don't worry if you feel like your moaning the whole point of the forum is to be able to moan to people who understand as are going through the same thing!

On the subject of moaning - i spoke to Guys again today and they can't change my next scan so instead of finishing sniffers on the 30th Jan i'll be taking them until the 13th Feb :growlmad: Apparently it is because they are catching up from Xmas and are trying to do it on a basis of when they received 1st referrals.

So i'll be a little bit behind you ladies now but i'll still be keeping everything crossed at every stage and lets hope we get 3 nice big BFP's end of Feb / March!

K x

Oh key that's so annoying, I'm surprised they can do that! Like is not an apprehensive time as it is without having to draw it out longer! But I suppose at least we can fully prep ya before it happens so you no what to expect! Thinking of ya Hun!

Hopefully we will get our bfp within a few weeks of each other how nice it would be to go into the first tri together! Jumping the gun a bit there! My oh has to keep raining me in coz I'm getting to excited

Hi Ladies I hope you don't mind me joining in but I am also about to start icsi at guys we are going to see our doctor for the first time on Thursday and had the patient evening last wednesday.
I have been reading your posts and they have made me feel so much better it is so easy to think you are the only one in the world going through this.
I'm really looking forward to seeing the doctor on Thursday although am not sure about this whole sniffer thing to down regulate your system as I have not had a period for over a year due to these wonderful polycystic ovaries, my body seems to have down regulated all by itself:wacko:
I was beginning to feel really lonley as all my friends only seemed to have to think about having a baby and it happens so it is great to speak to people who understand exactly what its like
Hope all your treatments are going well:flower:

Hi jhoney- nice to hear from another fellow ICSI Guyser. Hope your appt goes well on thurs, maybe you'll have Lovely Doctor Tom! It is really scary thinking you're the only one going through it (especially when all your friends are popping out babies all over the place!) so it's great to have this forum to talk to everyone.

Key - that's bad news about your appt but if you feel ok on the drugs it might not be too bad & better than being put back a month which would have been such a shame. Let us know how it goes tomorrow x hope you don't end up with migraines or headaches, will keep fingers crossed x and all my fingers and toes crossed for BFPs in feb/march!

Kazza - I was jinxed! But a night eating maltesers on the sofa seemed to do the trick! It would be great to all get BFPs at the same time. I'm not getting my hopes up too much but you never know, it could happen! Then we can keep comparing notes for 9 months!

Welcome jhoney - glad you found us on here as always useful to talk to people at same clinic. If you already know you're having ICSI and have been to the info evening things should now move pretty quickly. The meeting on Thurs will take you through next steps but hopefully you'll be starting in next mth or so.

Just did my first sniff both sides - think it all went up the nostril!! Let's hope for a symptom free down reg :thumbup: otherwise maybe need to stock up on chocolates!

I'm not gonna let myself get any more p***ed about delay but you ladies had better keep me up to date with your progress still and at least I'll know what to expect.

Have a good day all

Jhoney - Welcome, this is a great forum and its really good to compare with people who are going through the same thing at the same hospital!! I too have PCOS, they will simply give you provera to kick start a bleed and then you start your cycle of BCP from there. The hospital so far, have been fab, very reassuring!!! Im pleased to have been sent to Guys! Your first appt will be for a seman analysis, a scan for you and a meet with the Dr. Let us know how you get on!!

I know how you feel, my best friend is preggo and im sooo happy for her but so envious too!!

Key, you have the right mind set!! Its annoying but you will get there, i really hope its a pain free down reg!! Good luck and let us know how your feeling. What time did you snif key?

Serena - good plan, clearly chocolate is the remedy for feeling menopausal!!! note to self!!! Anymore hot flushes?

No more hot flushes & feeling fine apart from the headaches. Ive been taking ibuprofen & paracetamol all the time but it doesnt really go away just diminishes for a bit. How are you getting on Key? Are you feeling ok on the sniffers?
Are you looking forward to tomorrow Kazza? What time are you starting your sniffs?
Jhoney, hope it goes well for you tomorrow, let us know what they say x

Hiya, glad your not suffering too badly hopefully the headaches will ware off! how many days have you done serena?

I'm looking forward to getting it under way gonna sniff at 9 am and 9 pm!

Key? How you feeling?

Jhoney let us no how you get on tomorrow. Xx

I've done them for a week now. This time next week I'll be on the injections! Nervous!

Good luck tomorrow Kazza!

So far so good - today is the 3rd day and apart for the slightly nasty taste once it reaches my mouth haven't particularly suffered. The first day (Tues) i felt very tired, completely wiped out but that wasn't too bad yesterday.

No hot flushes or headaches yet - so fingers crossed maybe i'll be a lucky one.

Kazza - hope it doesn't affect you too much today, and Serena hope that damn headache disappears.

Jhoney -hope it all goes well at Guys today, i'm sure you'll find the Docs at Guys really nice and helpful

k x

That's great Key. I'm so pleased for you, it would be awful to have to take the drugs for longer if you were feeling rough. The taste is pretty horrible but if that's the only side affect then that's brilliant. I hope it stays like that for you x

I think each day has been a bit better since getting AF (which was when I felt really bad) so hopefully by the time I'm doing the injections I'll be feeling more normal. The worst thing I've found over the last few days is my memory! I forget what I'm saying half way through sentences & can't remember words and even forgot what day it was yesterday. My memory is always pretty shoddy, but not as bad as this! it's really embarrasing, especially in meetings at work when I forget what I'm talking about. I feel bad about teasing my mum about it so much now!

Kazza, how are you doing today?

Key, glad your doing ok on the meds!!!! Hope it stays that way!

AFM - I have a cold and an ear ache and feeling really tired so i think thats taking over any other issues, i did have some chest pain a couple of hours after sniffing, when i read the pack that is a side affect but to be fair its gone away now, so im doing ok i think!

how long after taking your last pill did you get your af?

Jhoney, weve not heard from you, hope you will pop by later to give us the update!! xx

Oh no, having a cold on top of everything's horrible. Glad the chest pain has gone & you're fine apart from that. Hope it stays that way, especially if you OH is away. Just wrap up warm & drink lots of hot drinks x

I got my AF on Monday & stopped taking the pill on thurs night.

morning all! Everything still going ok on the sniffers for me, just another 24 days to go and counting!!

Apart from tiredness i also seem to be having a bit of a problem with my speech and putting sentences together properly, and forgetting the right words. It's not happening all the time but enough over the last 24hrs or so that's i've noticed. At least i know i'm not losing my marbles and its just the drugs :thumbup:

Morning!!!

Feeling a little better today, so far so good with the meds, i dont think im having any terrible side affects yet!! Only day two today though!

Maybe i will get my bleed on sunday or something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->